Terraria: Otherworld Terraria Otherworld: Bringing You Up to Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The slightest bit of advertisement that is "Also try T:OW!" as the window's name, as we can have "I pity the tools" and such is not intrusive, and may be funny if presented in the right way. Honestly I would like it since it'd bring a new funny thing to the (already quite long) list, even if it is basically advertisement.
These teasers that came out in 2015....

A leveling system, if done correctly, doesn't have to be grindy.

And have you ever tried to get any of the rare drops like the biome keys in Terraria? That's known as grinding.

I only have one question about this game will it be coming to steam or will there be another way to get the game
(sorry if this question was already asked and answered)

I only have one question about this game will it be coming to steam or will there be another way to get the game
(sorry if this question was already asked and answered)
I would assume that the announced platforms of PC Windows/Mac would be available through Steam and probably GOG, since those are the official outlets for Terraria now.

For the announced platforms of Xbox One/PS4, I would assume there would be digital/retail versions available through the usual outlets.

Disclaimer: these are just my personal opinions, I don't have official confirmation of this, and wouldn't be at liberty to disclose it if I did. I believe there is still some ways to go in the development cycle before any of us have to be concerned about how to purchase the game.

This game is taking a long time to release, and as any gamer knows, the longer it takes, the steeper the expectations. I just hope they live up to it, not because I would hate them if they didn't, but because the Terraria community is one of the nicest communities I know and I feel like that could be shattered with a game that doesn't quite reach Terraria's level. The whole story thing puts a lot of pressure on them too...

I sure hope this game lasts even LONGER than Terraria.

Now that Cthulhu's cousin-in-law or whatever is THE FINAL-SUPER-OMEGA BOSS, Terraria probably won't see much more in the terms of actual content. Unless they make the Moon Lord come back from the dead for revenge...wink wink.

This game looks to be a proper RP, and I'm definitely getting it as soon as it comes out. Can't wait to see the mods the Thorium development team cooks up for this one...

I sure hope this game lasts even LONGER than Terraria.

Now that Cthulhu's cousin-in-law or whatever is THE FINAL-SUPER-OMEGA BOSS, Terraria probably won't see much more in the terms of actual content. Unless they make the Moon Lord come back from the dead for revenge...wink wink.

This game looks to be a proper RP, and I'm definitely getting it as soon as it comes out. Can't wait to see the mods the Thorium development team cooks up for this one...
Well there is also the comfirmed but mysterious Terraria 2. That will probably have a ton more content than both.

'not any closer'

It seems very unlikely that they're at the exact same state of the game as of the previous year. in fact, this thread even shows what has happened so far in 2016.
They are getting closer, but just like what happened to Breath of the Wild, they don't want to reveal everything they've made.

It's a game where you have to discover things on your own, and not getting spoiled by everything they've just added.
He's right. Time is of the essence for them. They're working hard to make the game fun and secretive and still want some myths to be untold.

I have to say, the Terraria community use to be my favorite. As for developers, they were my idols. But with the way they've been practically nonexistent for a while now, it's very disappointing..

I have a few ideas for Terraria: Otherworld. Can you add a few?
1. You should make it so you can go to space and explore 3-5 planets and several moons.
2. You could make it so that you can trade materials with a blacksmith or some NPC and you can upgrade your weapons like that.
3. Another thing you could do is make it so you can choose what type of player you want to be when you create the player. Types could be: Gunner, Sword Fighter, Mage, summoner or combinations of them.
4. You can make the tower defence system more complex like after each wave you can choose a modifier for the next wave.
5. Make it so you can draw your own player pixel by pixel.

Please look into these ideas. If you add any of them I will be VERY happy.

Last edited:
1. You should make it so you can go to space and explore 3-5 planets and several moons.
Your job is to clean the evil in the world. Why would you need to go to space?
2. You could make it so that you can trade materials with a blacksmith or some NPC and you can upgrade your weapons like that.
Wouldn't it be faster to craft it yourself?
3. Another thing you could do is make it so you can choose what type of player you want to be when you create the player. Types could be: Gunner, Sword Fighter, Mage, summoner or combinations of them.
It's probably fine if you add "no-class" in the selection.

I have a few ideas for Terraria: Otherworld. Can you add a few?
4. You can make the tower defence system more complex like after each wave you can choose a modifier for the next wave.
5. Make it so you can draw your own player pixel by pixel.

Please look into these ideas. If you add any of them I will be VERY happy.

Theres a section for these suggestions located here https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/terraria-otherworld-suggestions-ideas.186/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom