Terraria: Otherworld Terraria Otherworld: Bringing You Up to Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Translation:
it looks very pretty! looks like there's a lot of progress in the project guys ~;)

La plupart des membres ici parlent anglais et ne comprendront probablement pas ce que vous voulez dire, alors pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît parler anglais si vous êtes en mesure de? :)

(Literal translation)
Most of the members here are speaking English and will likely not understand what you mean, so could you please speak english if you're able to? :)
sorry ^^" i'm using google translate :3

I don't know based on the way it was worded it sounded like it'd be a buzzkill to share the news. I'm starting to feel like it's turning into Terraria: Neverworld

Actually based on the way they worded it it sounds like they went back to basics. Ie. Redoing the whole damn game.

If they were just going to scrap the project they would have figured that out by now and almost certainly would have mentioned it. My guess is with what a PR nightmare the last iteration caused, they won't be releasing us any more updates until it's close enough to release that they feel it's time to start drumming up interest in the game again.

One thing it seems they have learned, (as unfortunate as it may be) complete and utter silence on a matter is much better than "promises" left completely unfulfilled.

Because in this day and age saying things like "might" "maybe" and "hopefully" have become solid solemn unbreakable oaths to the general populace. And I have no idea when that mentality started.

Based on their actions I wouldn't get my hopes up for a release this year.

Well if what you are speculating is true, I would get my hopes up for a release soon since they said they will be releasing a spoiler soon.

Based on their actions I wouldn't get my hopes up for a release this year.
A full more year? It is indeed likely we will wait a great deal more (which is normal and okay), but I don't know if it would be that much. If I got it correctly, they're not starting back from scratch, are they?
Depending on how much they have to do over, I suppose it's realistic to say an estimated release date will be mentioned between 6 and 18 months from now (at least according to ideas I just had and make complete sense even though I have no idea what it's like on their side and how it's going for them).
Here's hoping that everybody feels godd (healthwise and otherwise) and that the game's development is going along fine.

A full more year? It is indeed likely we will wait a great deal more (which is normal and okay), but I don't know if it would be that much. If I got it correctly, they're not starting back from scratch, are they?
Depending on how much they have to do over, I suppose it's realistic to say an estimated release date will be mentioned between 6 and 18 months from now (at least according to ideas I just had and make complete sense even though I have no idea what it's like on their side and how it's going for them).
Here's hoping that everybody feels godd (healthwise and otherwise) and that the game's development is going along fine.
We actually don't know if its being re-worked or what. Hopefully, they can tell us soon. Its been 6 months of silence again

It's honestly getting a little bit ridiculous at this point. I've been patiently waiting for this game since Relogic announced that they were working on a new game. That's like 2-3 years in the past now.

The lack of information about this is starting to concern me. They said they would push out more spoilers "frequently" like what? 7 months ago? No real news since then.

Engine Software is no longer involved in this project, but wait? Right. No official post about that either.

This is making me question wherever this game will even come out or the "spoiler" they will release soon™ is just an announcement that this game will be scrapped.

It wouldn't even suprise me, but eh. I'm kinda done waiting for this and all the hype inside me for this game died long ago, so I guess I'll just see what they will post soon™.

We actually don't know if its being re-worked or what. Hopefully, they can tell us soon. Its been 6 months of silence again
If I'm not mistaken about what I read, there was a problem with the direction the game was taking when Engine was in charge so the devs stopped working with them and took over from an anterior point, which was why the game was delayed further than what was originally planned (along with the fact that making a game is something difficult and time-consuming).
But I may well have misunderstood, indeed. It's hard knowing what is speculation and what isn't when you don't remember what your sources were (and I don't).

The lack of information about this is starting to concern me. They said they would push out more spoilers "frequently" like what? 7 months ago? No real news since then.
It appears there have been quite a lot of setbacks (or a few, but terrible ones) preventing this. They wouldn't "forget" or deliberately lie (what would they even gain by lying?)

Engine Software is no longer involved in this project, but wait? Right. No official post about that either
Making an official post about that would perhaps delve into private territory or raise questions that need not be, I don't think that is trouble as long as we haven't been told by those who know it is. Have faith ;)

This is making me question wherever this game will even come out or the "spoiler" they will release soon™ is just an announcement that this game will be scrapped.

It wouldn't even suprise me, but eh. I'm kinda done waiting for this and all the hype inside me for this game died long ago, so I guess I'll just see what they will post soon™.
I don't think they would delay such news, either. Not without a very good reason, and the game appeared to be really well-thought and developed last time we had spoilers too, after so much time and efforts letting go is unlikely (possible, but I wouldn't bet half a dime on it happening).
As for your hype, try not to think about it too much, spending 2 years in giddy anticipation is almost unheard of. Keep an eye on the forums and when the game is done, you'll probably feel it coming back, coursing through your veins and making you want to reach out to your pocket and buy it. Am I projecting myself too much unto others? I guess I am. Sorry about that. :dryadgrin:

I like the graphics shown here but they will take a bit of getting used to after playing so much normal Terraria. Maybe if we are lucky they will have texture pack support and we can make it look like the Terraria we are all used to.

I mean, yeah. Otherworld is so much more detailed than the standard Terraria, which will feel a bit odd. But hey, it still looks pretty. And plus, it's still Terraria, so I'm not complaining.

I like the graphics shown here but they will take a bit of getting used to after playing so much normal Terraria. Maybe if we are lucky they will have texture pack support and we can make it look like the Terraria we are all used to.
I like the idea of difference. Adapting to a different world, a different situation, a different view of things. The Corruption altered the world forever, it left its mark and nothing, or no one will ever be able to heal completely the branding it inflicted on existence.
Or just because it looks cool.
Go install any texture pack you want but I believe change is great, especially change this good and going back to what is known for a new adventure feels wrong to me somehow.

I like the idea of difference. Adapting to a different world, a different situation, a different view of things. The Corruption altered the world forever, it left its mark and nothing, or no one will ever be able to heal completely the branding it inflicted on existence.
Or just because it looks cool.
Go install any texture pack you want but I believe change is great, especially change this good and going back to what is known for a new adventure feels wrong to me somehow.
Like I said in my first post, I also think change is good. I just think it would be cool to view this new Terraria experience in a familiar art style. I definitely wouldn't use it all the time, those graphics are too cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom