Terraria: Otherworld Terraria: Otherworld Development is On Fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been playing terraria for 5 years. It never gets old. And this is a lovely new game from lovely developers. I hope I can get in if there is a beta tester team. <3

I would like to make a suggestion for Terraria: Otherworld. Rideable dragons. There should be 6 types. In order of damage and speed; 1.Stardust ( 60 Stardust fragments and 20 Luminite bars)
2. Nebula (60 nebula fragments 20 Luminite bars) (the same recipe with the appropriate fragment)
3. Vortex
4. Solar Flare

5. Ice Dragon (Drop from expert mode goodie bags at 5% drop rate)

6. Fire Dragon (Drop from moon lord goodie bags at 3.5% drop rate)

I would like to make a suggestion for Terraria: Otherworld. Rideable dragons. There should be 6 types. In order of damage and speed; 1.Stardust ( 60 Stardust fragments and 20 Luminite bars)
2. Nebula (60 nebula fragments 20 Luminite bars) (the same recipe with the appropriate fragment)
3. Vortex
4. Solar Flare

5. Ice Dragon (Drop from expert mode goodie bags at 5% drop rate)

6. Fire Dragon (Drop from moon lord goodie bags at 3.5% drop rate)

Im pretty sure that terraria otherworld will not have the EXACT SAME items from terraria. Its a spinoff, not a redo.

Also, why does everyone always put fire above ice?

Sorry, I just thought it would be a good idea for otherworld, and all my friends wanted it to be on there . So I just thought I would post it.

Im pretty sure that terraria otherworld will not have the EXACT SAME items from terraria. Its a spinoff, not a redo.

Also, why does everyone always put fire above ice?

its fine. it could become in terraria for 1.4 or something, but probobly not all the dragons, maybe just one or two.

I'm going to wait until the reviews come out to get this...so many great ideas end up not being great games.
just played Redshirt

The game looks increasingly promising the more I analyze the revealed mechanics. On the equipment experience alone, it is easily possible to slim down on the different types of weapons in the game because you can influence the strength of whatever you're using through, well, usage. I also like the idea of using an infinity plus one copper shortsword to mangle bosses.

The game looks increasingly promising the more I analyze the revealed mechanics. On the equipment experience alone, it is easily possible to slim down on the different types of weapons in the game because you can influence the strength of whatever you're using through, well, usage. I also like the idea of using an infinity plus one copper shortsword to mangle bosses.

Don't give reason to and justify cutting down on variety.

Seriously. Why is that even a thing?

Don't give reason to and justify cutting down on variety.

You do not understand the point of what I stated. Perhaps that is partially my own fault for not providing a more detailed explanation. See, the idea of an equipment experience system would actually encourage variety. Terraria (original) has a number of weapons that become obsolete later in the game and in many cases repeat themselves in function. For example, the gemstone staves. They are identical in the way they attack. That's 7 weapons that do the exact same thing. You can't take them into the later portions of the game due to a static damage value. While Terraria Otherworld only needs 1 staff to do that type of attack with an experience system which allows it to become stronger with use, and other staves that can be programmed to have different projectile types, elemental attributes, status effects, strengths against certain enemy types, whatever you feel like speculating. To further encourage variety in a fashion often seen in RPGs, later equipment could have stronger effects and more versatile attacks to justify obtaining it.

You do not understand the point of what I stated. Perhaps that is partially my own fault for not providing a more detailed explanation. See, the idea of an equipment experience system would actually encourage variety. Terraria (original) has a number of weapons that become obsolete later in the game and in many cases repeat themselves in function. For example, the gemstone staves. They are identical in the way they attack. That's 7 weapons that do the exact same thing. You can't take them into the later portions of the game due to a static damage value. While Terraria Otherworld only needs 1 staff to do that type of attack with an experience system which allows it to become stronger with use, and other staves that can be programmed to have different projectile types, elemental attributes, status effects, strengths against certain enemy types, whatever you feel like speculating. To further encourage variety in a fashion often seen in RPGs, later equipment could have stronger effects and more versatile attacks to justify obtaining it.

My statement was based off what you said. I did not misunderstand anything.

"...Slim down on the different types of weaponry." <<< This is you. Slimming down the types of weaponry is culling variety. Next time you have an idea, how about you finish your thought before typing something out in a half-assed manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom