Terraria Otherworld Interview: Loki on Building a structured sandbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

max-sd

Terrarian
Loki (Ted Murphy) is the community manager at Re-logic. He's a cool guy and he told some interesting stuff in the recent interview with 80.lv website.

DSC_5181-Copy-1024x949.jpg

The talk was about Terraria Otherworld - a new game in the series.

Here are some of the outlines:
  • Terraria 2 still happening.
  • Otherworld aims for a much more streamlined and structured gameplay.
  • Online is a big part of the Terraria game world.
  • There are some tower defense elements.
  • Re-Logic does only PC-version. Everything else goes to third parties.
  • Publishers are cool for indies. No harm if the game benefits from it.

Anyway, how you guys find this useful. Waiting for Terraria Otherworld.

Interview on Terraria Otherworld.

Lol. Way too much hair.

There are a handful of lines in there that got lost in the translation. That line above is one of them.

The answer was about making and selling a completed product vs early access and the like iirc.

No one said anything about it not being Mac.

Lol. Way too much hair.

There are a handful of lines in there that got lost in the translation. That line above is one of them.

The answer was about making and selling a completed product vs early access and the like iirc.

No one said anything about it not being Mac.

It was the eighties man.

I'm glad you spoke up for old fashioned game industry practices as opposed to the current trend of early access, half-baked, alpha, beta, pay-now-pay-more-later, dlc, et al other garbage. Integrity, I like.

That's how the company rolls man. It's a foundational philosophy.

It's how we try to treat the customer and our business partners.

That means less short term fleecing of people and more investing in a long term and sustainable community-based approach. We hope to keep doing this successfully long into the future - setting a powerful example that others can see and - hopefully - follow.

We were all gamers first - still are - so we have all experienced those same feelings. ;)

Anyway, back to your thread - I just wanted to clear up those few "lost in translation" moments.

Certainly thank 80.lv for coming by for the chat! :)

I was fine knowing that Loki more or less looked like his Sim, but knowing his name? NOOOOOOOOOOO!

And yeah, those beliefs on how the company works and treats others is why I support them as I do.

He was just missing one thing...
QECfIsf.jpg
QECfIsf.jpg

( yes I did copy that from his avatar, and yes that is part of his hand on the lance still )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom