Terraria: Otherworld - Post-GDC Details & Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
:sigh:
Why do people keep saying it looks like starbound?
Personally, I think it's because of the way some animations are done and how the terrain looks (especially in the first shot of gameplay in the trailer) similar to Starbounds.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426084350][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh god I hope this doesn't ruin it, I loath classes in games. I know it's not a set in stone thing, but it mentions it and it's enough to be me highly suspicious.

I'll gravely miss the hilarious bug reports on the forum but I guess this is a lot better than leaving it to 505games and the others up to it again.
From the way things look, it'll just be 'the more you use it the better you get with it'. Kinda like that one mod in minecraft where if you keep using the same pickaxe, it gets stronger and stronger. More durable, in the case of weapons does more damage, can mine another tier level, etc etc.

nEZKqUV.png
This image, excluding the crystal It reminds me of Skyward Sword somehow.

Can confirm some form of multiplayer. Will not provide any more details beyond that. (Do not read any more into that statement then it literally says please :) )

I think the SB stuff - as I said before - comes from the same 8 bit : 16 bit graphic style (if that old console analogy works for you) than anything else. Side by side, up close....those similarities start to break down.

To be clear, nothing in this game has anything to do with SB....except inasmuch as they belong to the same genre (and thus will have some natural sameness).

Can confirm some form of multiplayer. Will not provide any more details beyond that. (Do not read any more into that statement then it literally says please :) )

I'm honest to god hoping this multiplayer is better then the 'form of multiplayer' we got with Dragons Dogma, which wasnt even multiplayer at all. Or leaderboards.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEAWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEESSOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

I wonder what happens when you finally cleaned the world from The Corruption, maybe a final boss that is Purity-themed ? Or The Crimson comes ? Or something else... (Someone said Cthulhu ?)

• For example, players that prefer to play a certain style (melee, magic, ranged, etc.) will see their skills with those type of weapons improve over time.
  • However, this is not a “set in stone” choice that the player will have to make (there are no selectable classes or anything), but rather something that just happens: use a sword 90% of the time and your skill with swords will improve. Use a Silver Sword all the time, and your skill with swords AND that particular sword will improve.

This all sounds amazing. I hope our skill is something we are able to see. Like a menu that says:
Sword Skill: 18
Silver Sword Skill: 10

I like to actually be able to see progression not just know that it is somewhere in the background.

I'm loving it so far, except for the graphics. One of the reasons I dislike starbound is that the art style doesn't pop out enough. The same problem occurs here, for me. I love the gameplay ideas, and I am probably going to buy it still, but I'm not sold on the art style. Also, the animation feels a little too smooth considering that the graphics are pixelated. This was another problem I had with starbound. The animation felt out of place. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Also I wonder how the game will make us want to entirely purify the world.
I mean, if the Purity is the same as in Terraria, so harmless, I wouldn't want to purify the world entirely, since then I would have nothing else to do, so it would be the end.
So there needs to be a reward for entirely purify the world, like in my previous post, it can be a final boss or something else.
Any way I'm sure Re-Logic has already thought about it and is preparing something awesome for it.

At the end there should be a boss the colour of the actual ground such as a purple boss n it should be all things corrupt as in the corruption boss @Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom