Terraria: Otherworld - Post-GDC Details & Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I NEED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE TRAIN.

You should post this on starbound forums. Unless you're permabanned like me.:naughty:

Lol, I have complained a good deal there. I would say at one point Starbound was a much anticipated game for me. The Management turned me off more than anything and their PR. The game has potential, but its so unfocused.... I am glad Relogic made a come back in a big way. Terraria is probably my favorite PC game of all time. I never get bored of it. Terraria: OW hopefully will be my next gaming addiction.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Could the production of this game mean...

They won't....

Continue....

Updating....

THE ORIGINAL TERARRIA GAME?!?!?!?!?!:(

Okay so here is development teams
1.3 Relogic
Beyond 1.3 Yoraiz0r and Skiphs
Terraria Otherworld Relogic and Engine Software

So when you say full finished game at launch this year, does that mean no updates to add stuff in like, for example, 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 for the origional Terraria will come? I don't mean those specific updates or the it,es in them, I just mean updates in general.

So when you say full finished game at launch this year, does that mean no updates to add stuff in like, for example, 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 for the origional Terraria will come? I don't mean those specific updates or the it,es in them, I just mean updates in general.
I'm certain that there will be updates after the release, but it will come out as a finished game like Terraria originally was.

Every update for the original so far (and I would assume this spinoff) has been made with the goal of a completed game in mind.

I'd like to point out that 1.3 is the 'final' update to the game, assuming it is the lunar update. I'm pretty sure the lunar update was confirmed to be the last big update for the game, and everything after will be minor features like bugfixes or minecarts or stuff.

Man wand when you think Terraria couldn't get any better, some how as always Iam proven wrong XD
I'm not going to have any money left with you guys making all this great stuff ;-;

I . . . really disagree. If you mean that they swing their arms while attacking or the like, I'm not sure how you expect more complex movement animations to be done. This isn't "smacking of Starbound", its simply a case of parallel evolution.

For that matter, their movement is actually fairly different, as you can see here at 5 minutes and 25 seconds in this recent Starbound video:

In this case, walking has a swinging arm motion, but the weapon does not move with the sway of the body, but is oriented towards the mouse. While not moving, the characters are completely still. Furthermore, regardless of the orientation of the weapon and the cursor, the body and head sprite are static; they do not move, always facing forward in a straight position as the character's arms and weapon go about their business.

If you watch the T:OW trailer, you can see at multiple instances that the weapon and shields of the characters have a fluid movement that sways with the body. Then when still, the body is constantly in motion, as the character breaths . . . the head and chest tilt forward in a flexible system, as if each body part is dynamically oriented and capable of rotating independent of the main body. When in combat, the character's entire frame, head and body, shift to account for the direction in which the combat occurs, looking and tilting up or down.

These are vast, vast differences in the animation which completely distinguish T:OW from Starbound. All things considered, Starbound has more animation similarity to Terraria 1 than EITHER of them have with T:OW.

On the subject of characters, while my choice of comparison doesn't do justice to the T:OW art, I think these two speak pretty clearly to show their distinctive designs:

110acfk.png

- Starbound sprites are lankier, more normally proportioned, and with a smaller and less detailed face (a reasonable limitation of smaller space to work.)
- Terraria sprites are more cartoonish, with larger torsos and heads, much more visible eyes and facial complexity, and a bulkier appearance in general.

Pretty different IMO.

As for weapons . . . I don't even see a remotely feasible argument that this could be claimed about two games that aren't fully released yet (ahyuk-ahyuk).

I assure you, I read your full post. T:OW has very little in common with Starbound aside from being a side-scrolling sandbox game. As I said, Starbound has more in common with T1 than T:OW.

As for your original post, this is the second time you've put out that identical, brief, blanket statement in regards to this game in a different thread for this game . . . bordering on Lack of Content and disruptive posting. Next time you want to make such bold claims, back up it up with evidence first, rather than throwing up a negative and disruptive post without any content whatsoever.

Its a game using the Terraria name (rightfully so, as it is Terraria) that came out after Terraria 1 and looks like a more advanced variation upon Terraria 1. Starbound bears it no similarity in the slightest.

You're right, there are many differences between the two games, both aesthetically and functionally, which you've clearly and professionally pointed out. Even so, I maintain the opinion that it appears to be very much like a prettier version of Starbound; moreover, the whole argument is almost entirely subjective, and while I do realize that I'm in the minority of people who feel this way, sometimes feelings can't be rationalized away.

As for the borderline lack of content posts that are "disruptive" ... eeehhhhh... Ya, maybe a little, but there's a real and very succinct message in that it appears to be like another game. Posts like mine only REALLY become a problem when somebody disagrees and decides to take issue; nobody is going to call out another Terrarian for saying "Breh, dis is awesome" or "i love terraria," which are comments that, like mine, are brief statements that are almost, if not completely, identical to ones have been previously made. What I said was not a blanket statement though, because the message is clear that T:OW, in particular, looks specifically like Starbound. And is it a "negative" thing to say that T:OW looks like Starbound? The answer to that question is completely subjective. You seem to think it is, but others may not. I've never said how I feel about it either way.

Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom