Terraria: Otherworld - Post-GDC Details & Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
in both trailers I haven't seen the building part of the game...am I missing something? next trailer I would love to see some building! :joy:

This seems really exciting though, I really hope it holds up to the first game though. The graphics look a little bit, well....but maybe/probably that's just because I'm sort of nostalgic with the first game, if you know what I mean. It'll hopefully be awesome when it's done.
in both trailers I haven't seen the building part of the game...am I missing something? next trailer I would love to see some building!
Me to. I really wonder if it'll be like the same, or if they'll have updated/changed it somehow as well. This is actually a really interesting thing I think, since in Terraria building is a big thing you know.

This looks epic, I hope they do decide to release it on consoles, I only own terraria on my Xbox one so I'm looking forward to the day this becomes available to me .

I'm not sure you're still around answering things but, which language otherworld is being programmed in?
C++? if so, would you tell us the library you're using ?

Items obtained via means besides RNG is potentially the best thing about this post.

No longer will the epic quest for an uzi be sitting around in a jungle.

That is, if there is an uzi. or a jungle\
This looks epic, I hope they do decide to release it on consoles, I only own terraria on my Xbox one so I'm looking forward to the day this becomes available to me .

It likely will be. It'd be odd to accept the console owners as part of the fanbase and then proceed to ignore them, so i'm certain there will be a console version

I'm not sure you're still around answering things but, which language otherworld is being programmed in?
C++? if so, would you tell us the library you're using ?

Otherworld is written in C++ of course. Not sure what you mean with what library we are using?

Is that a step up from normal Terraria?

Makes it a lot easier to port for linux and mac. Being a c++ advocate myself, I like to stress things that are not necessarily always true, like, c++ is a faster language.

But , for many , yes, thats a step up, its the commercial language for AAA games as well, and it gets you closer to the metal(hardware) giving you plenty of room for optimization.

Reactions: Azu
Makes it a lot easier to port for linux and mac. Being a c++ advocate myself, I like to stress things that are not necessarily always true, like, c++ is a faster language.

But , for many , yes, thats a step up, its the commercial language for AAA games as well, and it gets you closer to the metal(hardware) giving you plenty of room for optimization.

Quite simply yes, C++ is in every way a step up from Terraria which was written in C# which simply generates slower code. Besides the fact that Terraria uses XNA which is discontinued. We write our own low-level tech which allows for greater optimization, customization and flexibility.

Quite simply yes, C++ is in every way a step up from Terraria which was written in C# which simply generates slower code. Besides the fact that Terraria uses XNA which is discontinued. We write our own low-level tech which allows for greater optimization, customization and flexibility.
Rudi!!! I know I'm being a prick by asking so much about details that certainly belong only to the team, but, are you using any famous media libraries?(such as sfml, sdl , allegro) or are you guys writing everything from scratch(wrapping some opengl, and functions to handle keyboard input and so on)

Reason is, I myself am trying to get into game development, (learning a bit about serialization atm to be honest) so questions like this about "what kind of tools my favourite devs use" happen to come into my mind frequently, since you're all so close to the community, I cant help but ask them.

Sorry for being annoying

edit: Ah, I got it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom