Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a second Terraria game, not Terraria 2.
Most people would call that Terraria 2 as far as I know.
It's just another Starbound
...Another Terraria. Like, the titles are the same, how far off can you go with that?
If there's a similarity between Starbound and this game, it'd be the visual style, but that's about it as far as I know.
aside from the amount of content, that is

Is it just me or do I not like the direction this is going in? Sure I'll give it a try but this seems too different to me.

To be honest... Im not so hyped, I really doubt that it will be better than the original. Also, with so many smooth animations and textures, seems that this new game will be like GTA IV to the past-series: Pretty graphics and such, but not too much content or fun

Most people would call that Terraria 2 as far as I know.

...Another Terraria. Like, the titles are the same, how far off can you go with that?
If there's a similarity between Starbound and this game, it'd be the visual style, but that's about it as far as I know.
aside from the amount of content, that is
Ahem.
and mechanically a Terraria clone with some expansion on a gameplay gimmick that didn't need expansion in the first place.

Well, I'm little bit scared of it..
So, new game looks realy cool, I'm happy about it..
Relogic and Engine, you started train of hype, I got insult, thank you!

I'm not sure how to react about this... I mean, why make a game that is basically Terraria but upgraded? Sure, Red said many times that he doesn't like the limitations that Terraria has, but seriously, from a developing/marketing point, this is not a smart move. Whatever if they are going to have a team to update Terraria, if this Otherworld is better, why would people keep playing the old one if they're basically the same game.

Dear social life...
I am sorry to inform you that once Terraria: Otherworld is released, we must part ways. We shared great times together, times I will always cherish. One day, I hope you can forgive me and move past the pain I have caused you having notified you of this.​

Some good things and bad things I saw.
Pros
-You can see your equipped weapons and shields!
-Lighting effects are well done.
-Clearly more complicated engine and game mechanics going on.
-Probably story oriented/campaign.
-Smooth Animations/Well Drawn Art Style

Cons
-Looks like Starbound..should have stayed pixelated!
-Doesn't feel Terraria....looks like a Terraria clone.

Speculation
-Then again it is in PRE ALPHA! sooo it has a long way to go. I am sure its chocked full of features we all have been begging for over the years.
-It will probably still rock if it shares mechanics from Terraria: Original.

Wait wait wait, hold on. Was it not said that it wasn't related to anything made before it? This looks very Terraria related, like a ton.

I'm not sure how to react about this... I mean, why make a game that is basically Terraria but upgraded? Sure, Red said many times that he doesn't like the limitations that Terraria has, but seriously, from a developing/marketing point, this is not a smart move. Whatever if they are going to have a team to update Terraria, if this Otherworld is better, why would people keep playing the old one if they're basically the same game.

I guess it then depends on how smart you think we are....because if we are smart, it will *not* be the same game. #youdecide

Please people that have nothing positive to note, don't say it! There was no thought towards Starbound until it was brought up. It is unfair to critisize when the game is in a pre-alpha stage and nothing really has been set in stone yet.

With this in mind, I joining the hype train.
47045042.jpg

EDIT: 77th post. I feel extremely lucky right now.

HOLY EFFING :red: I WANT IT THIS LOOK AMAZING:eek: but in all seriousness this looks like moonman(a kickstarter Game) and terraria with tapi mods also saw EoW looking "enemies":nursewhat:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom