Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-logic lookslike the threads about "true armor, true terra blade, true copper shortsword"
Terraria, Terraria 2, Terraria otherworld, Terraria Airarret, Terraria: Terraria Terraria
Terraria, the non-legend of Cthulhu.

Yay, a new engine! I assume that removes many limitations of vanilla Terraria?

What is this madness you speak of? Limitations? Sounds horrible.

All kidding aside, every engine/game will have limits of course. Limits in regards to keeping it playable on a large quantity and diversity of hardware for example. But for now our biggest limitation is how much :red: we can make to put in the damn thing, not limitations of the engine.

ios terraria was not on sale Saturday otherwise I would have it by now :c it was only a steam sale for the pc version
Terraria isn't expensive anywhere how is this a reason for not buying it? I bought it twice on console where it's arguably the most expensive and it's still a pittance compared to other indie games on console.

I have never played it and would like to confirm I enjoy the game and can get the enjoyment out of what I pay for it before I actually pay for it. I tend to get tired of games within a few days or weeks. I also need to buy a copy for 2 of my friends and 1 for my boyfriend. In the end I am not gonna spend $20 to find out I don't like the game and if I don't like it my friends most likely wont. It's less of a risk for me to buy it on sale and I may be able to convince several people I know to purchase it.

Last edited:
Looks very cool. :)
The art style reminds me of old Sega games.
Bit like Wonder Boy in Monster Land mixed with Terraria.
(Only talking about art style, not gameplay)

Seems like this one is about protecting (and placing?) some sort of crystal devices that terraform areas.

I have never played it and would like to confirm I enjoy the game and can get the enjoyment out of what I pay for it before I actually pay for it.

Have some faith, dude. This game is amazing and well worth the $11, probably worth more tbh. You've already made a forum account, so you know you're interested.

That being said, a demo version of Terraria might not be a bad idea. Play for free in a small world: the limitations being that the only summonable boss is the Eye of Cthulhu, and limit the types of items that can spawn. Or maybe put it on a 30 day trial or something.

I can't help but noticing two things that can go very wrong in this:

1. This game looks almost like another Starbound; it seems like the level layout and the weapons all seem too similar to that of those in Starbound, and it looks just as complex (which isn't necessarily a good thing).

2. There would have to be a canon to the Terraria franchise now; this game is like what would happen if the player let the Corruption or Crimson take over (a branch canon), so the control and crafting mechanics shouldn't be very different for that reason.

I understand that was only in the Alpha stage, but I just ask you to keep these two things in mind to avoid this being looked at as being another indie cash-grab. Thank you! (Love you 505 Games!) :D

I have interest in the game and it does look like I will get enjoyment out of it, the only issue is I like to know what I am buying before I buy it, and I do not know how the controls will be. Not to mention all these glitches and corruptions and data losses I keep hearing about D: ! Most of the games I play are free to play for example Avabel, The World of Magic, Order And Chaos Online, Deepworld, Blockheads, EKOWorld, King the MMORPG, and a few others. I am hesitant to spend 5+ USD for a glitchy game when I can just get one free with or without glitches xD

I have interest in the game and it does look like I will get enjoyment out of it, the only issue is I like to know what I am buying before I buy it, and I do not know how the controls will be. Not to mention all these glitches and corruptions and data losses I keep hearing about D: !
This thread isn't about Terraria on iOS, it's about a different product altogether. Please stay on topic, thanks.

I have never played it and would like to confirm I enjoy the game and can get the enjoyment out of what I pay for it before I actually pay for it. I tend to get tired of games within a few days or weeks. I also need to buy a copy for 2 of my friends and 1 for my boyfriend. In the end I am not gonna spend $20 to find out I don't like the game and if I don't like it my friends most likely wont. It's less of a risk for me to buy it on sale and I may be able to convince several people I know to purchase it.
Twenty bucks won't break you it's just 20 bucks, ps4 terraria was 20 bucks, hell i paid 15 on ps3 not knowing anything about the game, you're here and you can't make up your mind on 5 bucks, i'm tempted to check for bait.

But omg i love the new animation style, i'm hoping we get more focus on the melee mechanics.

Last edited:
This looks Cool! I can't wait to get it, also The Moon seems to be moving very fast. but its an Pre-Alpha which I can see why its moving so fast. :dryadhappy:

EDIT: Oop, was typing so long I didn't catch the Mod warning, sorry 'bout that, deleted and back on topic: =D

The only things that look really Starbound-y to me are the trees and the player height, which I'm very okay with, as the trees look highly detailed, swaying back and forth and such. I hope there are lots of character customization options, as my favourite part of any game is trying to get the character to look like me =P. Also, is there a ballpark figure on the price yet, or is it far too soon to tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom