Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right guys,please stop speculating about Terraria 2.I think Re-Logic is not going to make sequel to Terraria called Terraria 2 because they are already making one,and its called Terraria Otherworld.There is not going to be an sequel because terraria does not have any deep story so they are making Spin-off with different game mechanics. And BTW Starbound was not bad because its graphics,Starbound was bad because it was :red:ing boring and all you were doing was mining,getting killed in dungeons where was nothing but fancy posters,mining,defeating stupidly hard bosses where you can just build something around him and keep hitting him for 1 damage,mining,getting fuel for travelling to new planets that look the same,mining and close the game because it is still :red:ing boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
All right guys,please stop speculating about Terraria 2.I think Re-Logic is not going to make sequel to Terraria called Terraria 2 because they are already making one,and its called Terraria Otherworld.There is not going to be an sequel because terraria does not have any deep story so they are making Spin-off with different game mechanics. And BTW Starbound was not bad because its graphics,Starbound was bad because it was :red:ing boring and all you were doing was mining,getting killed in dungeons where was nothing but fancy posters,mining,defeating stupidly hard bosses where you can just build something around him and keep hitting him for 1 damage,mining,getting fuel for travelling to new planets that look the same,mining and close the game because it is still :red:ing boring.
Fun fact: It´s confirmed that there will be a sequel-like game to Terraria, which because of a lack of confirmed name, fans call 'Terraria 2'.
Fun fact 2: It's confirmed Terraria Otherworld is not this 'Terraria 2'.
Question: Why did you bring Starbound into the mix?
Fun fact 3: There is no reason at all to mock a perfectly good game on this forum. You might find Starbound boring, but that doesn't make it a bad game. I don't like Call of Duty, doesn't mean I go ranting everywhere that it's is by definition a bad game.

~Fin~

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun fact: It´s confirmed that there will be a sequel-like game to Terraria, which because of a lack of confirmed name, fans call 'Terraria 2'.
Fun fact 2: It's confirmed Terraria Otherworld is not this 'Terraria 2'.
Question: Why did you bring Starbound into the mix?
Fun fact 3: There is no reason at all to mock a perfectly good game on this forum. You might find Starbound boring, but that doesn't make it a bad game. I don't like Call of Duty, doesn't mean I go ranting everywhere that it's is by definition a bad game.

~Fin~
I read the forums,and I really hate when people keep asking about Terraria 2 when new amazing Terraria Otherwold is in development now and lot of people just come over it and still asking about Terraria 2.
Last specific informations about Terraria 2 are from 2013.
I get really angry from reading this: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...bout-the-link-with-this-and-terraria-2.13223/
And I mentioned Starbound because many people are saying that Terraria Otherworld is going to be crap because it looks like Starbound and Starbound was not that good as Terraria.

Will the game need high graphics to run? i hope not cause i have potato computer... i can run normal terraria smoothly though

Will the game need high graphics to run? i hope not cause i have potato computer... i can run normal terraria smoothly though
It should actually run smoother than Terraria. The optimization and generally the way the game works is a ridiculous mess in terms of code.
Assuming red isn't going to code the game the same way he did originally

It should actually run smoother than Terraria. The optimization and generally the way the game works is a ridiculous mess in terms of code.

The game will hopefully be built on a different engine, meaning that it should be more optimized and (even better) less limits on blocks and such!

Should run smoother based on...? Oh, right, absolutely nothing aside from what you've been told about "the optimization". You have no idea who is even building the game, how experienced they are, or what kind of graphical or mechanical demands the game will even have.

Also, as far as I know, otherworld is mostly outsourced to that mediocre run-of-the-mill developer... whatever it's named... and Red himself isn't even involved in the project, much less in a basement building the engine by himself.

Should run smoother based on...? Oh, right, absolutely nothing aside from what you've been told about "the optimization". You have no idea who is even building the game, how experienced they are, or what kind of graphical or mechanical demands the game will even have.

Also, as far as I know, otherworld is mostly outsourced to that mediocre run-of-the-mill developer... whatever it's named... and Red himself isn't even involved in the project, much less in a basement building the engine by himself.
I doubt very much that you know exactly who is working on T:OW either, or what their background or experience is.

Otherworld is a joint effort by Re-Logic and Engine Software - it is not outsourced.

There really is no reason to be arguing over details that haven't been released yet.

When they say its coming to the sony and xbox that means its awhile away. They have to burn millions of cds first then get it shipped to the four corners of the globe and that can take up to 12weeks before it can even be released. This is all i want for xmas!!

When they say its coming to the sony and xbox that means its awhile away. They have to burn millions of cds first then get it shipped to the four corners of the globe and that can take up to 12weeks before it can even be released. This is all i want for xmas!!
Maybe before the PlayStation Store and the Windows Store came into existance. Did you forget that Terraria was released to the PlayStation Store for the PS3 and PS Vita? I've even got the demo on my PS Vita. Terraria: Overworld would be likely be done the same way. No optical discs required.

Yep you are right. They have officially said there will be no physical release at this stage. There will be no beta or alpha either. Wow and this is not Terraria 2 its just a spin off and not a true sequel

I am really looking forward to the upgraded corruption. In normal Terraria I felt as if it was just there and there was no reason to worry about it. Also turrets look fun :) Also a plus is an Automated boss farm... Unless you put health on the turrets ( Which I hope you do ) and also maybe make them shoot people who aren't on your team (If you add teams!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom