Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote the Terraria Facebook page, "As you likely have figured out, Terraria: Otherworld did not make its planned 2015 launch.
I never check Facebook on principle so I wasn't aware of this. If it's true then I'd be very surprised. No idea who posted that but that person should have never done that.

About the lack of communication, well, they're likely very busy. I can't blame them for that. They're also don't really have an obligation to us to share everything they do.
It's nice if they do ofcourse, can't deny that.

I've begun to wonder if the PR team for OW is only allowed to regurgitate information, considering that we've now passed the 3 month milestone for having literally no information about the game or its development appear. They even had the chance to say something yesterday and make us all feel pranked, but then pull the "But we're actually serious" card on us and make us all excited, but they didn't. Every once in a while I'll scrounge around for threads in different places and I've noticed some people are wondering if the game is even being developed; that they suddenly stopped for some reason after video December. It's a far-fetched assumption, but it's still a seed of doubt that's going to continue to grow. I'd just like something that will reassure myself that I'll even be able to play this game that I'm looking forward to. Something that will prove to me that the game is coming and not just some half-baked reply reusing old information from a PR member that's grown tired of addressing the subject.

This lack of info has been getting on my nerves for a bit now. Even with the whole 1.3.1 update there hasn't been any news for many months, let alone an employee actually say something in that thread.
I think the team has their hands in too many cookie jars right now with the stupid comic book, pixel privateers, otherworld, 1.3.1, and whatever else they haven't mentioned or I am forgetting.
Yes, I get it, they are a small team. Logic would assume that a small team should be working on a small amount of projects... or in this case just one project.

I said it before and I will say it again, their PR is absolutely horrid. Worst of any company that I have ever seen, and that is no exaggeration.

They need to get their $#!t straightened out or they will lose yet another customer. Just take one week to update us all on every project.

To ReLogic; As you can see, I am not the only one who is getting annoyed by the lack of info and communication. Maybe it's time to get your heads out of your rears and give your public what they want.

This lack of info has been getting on my nerves for a bit now. E
I said it before and I will say it again, their PR is absolutely horrid. Worst of any company that I have ever seen, and that is no exaggeration.

They need to get their $#!t straightened out or they will lose yet another customer. Just take one week to update us all on every project.

To ReLogic; As you can see, I am not the only one who is getting annoyed by the lack of info and communication. Maybe it's time to get your heads out of your rears and give your public what they want.

You've said it before, and as you say, you've said it again, and now you are sounding like a broken record. We get it. They get it. You want more info. For their own reasons, they have not provided any, and its not going to be forthcoming because you continue to make the same post every few days.

Why not consider playing another game in the mean time, while these games and updates are under development? If you are so frustrated, then maybe you need to take a break from focusing so hard on Terraria. If its causing you so much stress to do nothing but tunnel-vision on the upcoming updates, then you shouldn't do it. But there is no need to keep repeating yourself all over the forums, so I'd ask that you stop.

Apparently you don't get it when I am not the only one complaining.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

With all that I have complained and other people have complained they are only hurting themselves at this point.

And it isn't just about this game.

With all that I have complained and other people have complained they are only hurting themselves at this point.

And it isn't just about this game.

You can't use the logic of "Well I'm a paying customer therefore I am an entitled brat" to get their attention and make them care about your copmlaints. I agree with Leinfors that they have a good reason for not sharing information as of yet. If I were in their shoes, I'd prefer whiny children stayed away from my game and I doubt they'll miss your 10 dollars.

Hey sonryu. I have a lot more to be ticked off about than just this. I have been waiting for 1 1/2 years for the mobile version to become stable. I paid for a broken pile of junk and no one has offered to help me find out what the issue is. Great customer service there.

But as far as otherworld and 1.3.1 is concerned, they are free to do as they want, just as I am and many other people. They are losing customers and it isn't only me.

When your "squeaking" involves abuse and rage, it is not going to be tolerated here. If you can't be civil and respectful with your criticism and disappointment, don't post; if you persist in doing so, you will be removed from the conversation. You will not get any further warning about this.

Even with the whole 1.3.1 update there hasn't been any news for many months
@Cenx regularly posts updates and small spoilers on her profile and on her Twitter: http://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/713032898627158016 Most of these tweets are in the feed on the front page of this forum - you don't need a Twitter account to see them.

Yes, I get it, they are a small team. Logic would assume that a small team should be working on a small amount of projects... or in this case just one project.
So which is it - continue working on all of the projects you constantly complain about, or shelve all but one? Your statements are contradictory.

The comic book is done - no resources currently being expended on that (and never were, by game developers).
T-shirts/other merch - no developer resources involved, all done on the business side.
Pixel Privateers - aside from a couple of volunteer testers lent to them, no developer resources expended.
Otherworld - @Loki (a Re-Logic employee) regularly responds to this thread - apparently you either ignore that or you just don't like his answers.
Mobile - You want a refund? Here's where you can start with that: http://support.505games.com/support...00041180-what-should-i-do-if-i-want-a-refund- Good luck.
Console - update news released 4 days ago.

There. You're all caught up.

Oh, please. Picroma and Cube World. It's not even close.

Your $5-10 purchase of a video game in the past does not entitle you to rage and scream for information on demand. Regarding this game (Otherworld) - you have ZERO monetary investment in it.

When your "squeaking" involves abuse and rage, it is not going to be tolerated here. If you can't be civil and respectful with your criticism and disappointment, don't post; if you persist in doing so, you will be removed from the conversation. You will not get any further warning about this.

@Cenx regularly posts updates and small spoilers on her profile and on her Twitter: http://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/713032898627158016 Most of these tweets are in the feed on the front page of this forum - you don't need a Twitter account to see them.

So which is it - continue working on all of the projects you constantly complain about, or shelve all but one? Your statements are contradictory.

The comic book is done - no resources currently being expended on that (and never were, by game developers).
T-shirts/other merch - no developer resources involved, all done on the business side.
Pixel Privateers - aside from a couple of volunteer testers lent to them, no developer resources expended.
Otherworld - @Loki (a Re-Logic employee) regularly responds to this thread - apparently you either ignore that or you just don't like his answers.
Mobile - You want a refund? Here's where you can start with that: http://support.505games.com/support...00041180-what-should-i-do-if-i-want-a-refund- Good luck.
Console - update news released 4 days ago.

There. You're all caught up.

Oh, please. Picroma and Cube World. It's not even close.

Your $5-10 purchase of a video game in the past does not entitle you to rage and scream for information on demand. Regarding this game (Otherworld) - you have ZERO monetary investment in it.
LMFAO!!! Where has there been abuse in these posts as of lately? Are you high? Thats a serious question. Rage? Screaming? Wow, I didn't know my typing on a keyboard turned into an audible voice heard from hundreds of miles away. You must be a psychic to see me watching a disney movie with my toddler completely raging while I enjoy her laughs and smile. Yeah, rage. Don't confuse rage with disappointment and sarcasm.

So wait, I have to go all over the place to find out about these "updates" instead of the place that they should be in which is these threads?

But I am guaranteed now that you will say I am being abusive again, as if I am hurting your safe space, so I can expect to be banned any moment now, all because I express my dissatisfaction. Welcome to 2016 where everyone get offended by someone else having an opinion.

P.S. Oh yeah, CubeWorld. You got me on that one. I had to look that up. Why? Because I have never heard of that before. Let me remind you of what I said. "Worst of any company that I have ever seen,".

But I am guaranteed now that you will say I am being abusive again, as if I am hurting your safe space, so I can expect to be banned any moment now, all because I express my dissatisfaction. Welcome to 2016 where everyone get offended by someone else having an opinion.

Its not about having an opinion. Its about spewing a lot of inaccurate and exaggerated concerns, not just once, but frequently, repeatedly, and in multiple threads. You don't need to repeat yourself. You've made your opinion abundantly clear, and have no further need to repeat it. Its up to Relogic whether they want to follow your advice or not, but on these forums, your continued and redundant posting is being disruptive, so that is the reason you need to stop.

If you think you can use these threads "squeak" annoy Relogic into letting you have your way, you misunderstand how these forums work.

You know, Moderators, gunking up this thread with you guys chewing me out certainly isn't helping to fix what you guys are griping at me about. Don't you think PMing me would have been a better idea, or are you guys just trying to make an example out of me so other people know not to get out of line?

SMH

You know, Moderators, gunking up this thread with you guys chewing me out certainly isn't helping to fix what you guys are griping at me about. Don't you think PMing me would have been a better idea, or are you guys just trying to make an example out of me so other people know not to get out of line?

SMH

You wanted a public response, or at least a reason for a lack of one on the part of Relogic employees themselves. If you want to point out a bunch of supposed accusations of Relogic in a thread, it seems fitting to refute them in that same thread. Seems like something that requires an equally public response to me. But I'd be happy to take all further discussion on the matter to PM, should there be anything else to say.

The last time Loki posted in this particular thread was in June 2015. 10 months ago. Is he posting in a different thread about it?

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-otherworld-an-update.38448/page-22#post-922107

This is likely the thread TK is referring to, as its more or less taken the place of this one for recent posting. We have a lot of news threads, many of which are simultaneously active as regular users keep bumping them. Its rather easy to get them confused.

"Promised in 2015"? Who told you that? As far as I know Re-Logic never gives release dates, not even estimates.
Just be patient, the game will be done when it's done. Companies rushing a game's development is never a good thing. Be thankful that Re-Logic don't have to meet any deadlines so the game they'll eventually release will be better for it.

Actually, it's in one of the trailers (if you just search Terraria: Otherworld trailer on YT). It said the release date was 2015, but due to unsatisfactory material in the game, the developers pushed it to 2016.

I agree, though. It's about quality, not the rush. Plenty of games have had potential, gotten released too early, and have become unpopular because of numerous bugs and crashes.

image.png
image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom