Portfolio/Multi-Topic Terraria Overall Suggestions (please don't take this too seriously... (T^T)

Kyle Lightyear

Terrarian
... <.< Huh... Thread has changed a lot I guess...

Oh, yeah >.> ... About the title, it's pretty much like what it said, Overall Suggestion (ex: Mining, Travelling, Farming, etc.)
This is mostly about my thought about the game... Its pretty much like... what part needs adding and... *mumble* *mumble*

Mining
Mining, the most common action Terrarians would do in in-game-daily stuff. But ever since you entered mine- Well, with lots of resource of course- and you would literally mine for a every, every long time. My suggestion here is to make something that would
cause the Terrarian to go back up to make again. I mean mining 23 day in reality is kinda... o.o-like. Terraria with awesome survival skills could just go down on the first mine on the first day, and then come back up with lots of bars, pretty much like One Trip to full set Lead/Iron Armor and then Travelling Jungle. It's kinda... well, I don't know how to put it >.> Wait, how should it put it?

- Anyone who have thoughts about this feel free to reply

Farming
Some of you Terrarians -Well, during Singleplayer mode- probably (I guess) , doesn't really plant stuffs like Dayblooms, Blinkroots, etc. So, it's kinda boring-like. So, my suggestion here is to expand the Farming part. Like, try to expand the plant's properties... like... like umm... Medicine or something? Like to cure debuff (Well, then this might needed to add all kinds of debuffs...) or sickness of something? Sickness that you'll have when you're exposed to the rain for too long or something? Staying near l- never mind, you guys knew what I meant. Move on >.>

Travelling~
Yay! My favorite part! Travelling! Opening chests, looking for floating islands, breaking the fourth wall and stuff- wait, fourth wall? <.< - A-Anyways, what the Travelling lacks are: Tall mountains, Canyons, Straight Holes and Stuffs. The terrain's just a bit too... Well, horizontal-ly? It should be like- suddenly a deep hole to underground and then followed up with a lime-ing tall mountain, which make travelling more challenging. I mean, who hates Hardcore Travelling? Anyone? Anyone? No one :c ...?

lacking mountains and canyons? are you kidding me?! to get to the jungle or dungeon I need to travel over at least 2 or 3 mountains, and on one side of the mountain is usually a large canyon, sometimes one that leads directly into a cave system. any more mountains and I would be playing 2D Skyrim.

For the mining, I'd assume something that would bring the player back up to the surface would be adding an NPC and a durability mechanic similar to Starbound, but that seems incredibly off putting. I assume a durability mechanic has been talked and talked and talked about since the dawn of time, and since it's not in terraria I assume it's a generally un-liked method of stretching out the game's length.

lacking mountains and canyons? are you kidding me?! to get to the jungle or dungeon I need to travel over at least 2 or 3 mountains, and on one side of the mountain is usually a large canyon, sometimes one that leads directly into a cave system. any more mountains and I would be playing 2D Skyrim.
I did say don't take this seriously ._. Anyways, isn't it's kinda easy to just travelling to the end of the world? All I do is just keep walk right, equip with lots of dirt blocks and it's good to go. Well, if your would have a lot of horribly all of mountains then I... you know? It's just a thought... so yeah.

It's a bit hard to understand some parts of this, but... A Terrarian with awesome skills could survive for many days underground? Well, the point is, those who can do that, ninety-nine times out of a hundred, have practiced to be able to - hence if they can do it, they deserve to be able to do it, not be limited. Terraria is, after all, a game where freedom to do whatever you want is one of its best selling points.

Want a game where mining is constantly interrupted by annoying, pointless mechanics like hunger, sleep and thirst bars? There's plenty of sandbox games which do that already. Heck, I'm sure there is/will be mods to add this to Terraria, as well.

The farming bit suggest some more things I can only answer with "why?" Farming is boring to me. Adding arbitrary ways to make it a must-do will not make it fun, only annoying. I am quite happy with not having to even consider having buff potions in my inventory until Frost Moon/Fishron. I see no need to, yet again, limit the player for the sake of such a pointless thing as realism.

As for mountains, I'll agree with Scarecrow - There's plenty of mountains and canyons in a map already. They're no Mount Everest/Colorado Canyon but they're high/deep enough to be a bother for a starting player.

In short: Realism is cute and good, until it gets in the way of fun.

I did say don't take this seriously ._. Anyways, isn't it's kinda easy to just travelling to the end of the world? All I do is just keep walk right, equip with lots of dirt blocks and it's good to go. Well, if your would have a lot of horribly all of mountains then I... you know? It's just a thought... so yeah.
then why suggest it at all?
if you are openly going to let us make fun of you
then you are just going to get made fun of.

then why suggest it at all?
if you are openly going to let us make fun of you
then you are just going to get made fun of.
I was thinking add it to Expert game mode? You know?
Terraria would get boring when you keep doing the same thing all over again and again. What I want about it is more different experience, make the game rather, or more interesting.
Oh yeah and, if you ever completed a game, sometimes you would it's a bit, you know? Don't want to do over again or something I guess?

Last edited:
it's expert mode not nuisance mode.
Aah... like I said, It's just a thought. I just feel like expanding Terraria in different ways. Nevertheless, it has no intentions of make real suggestions. Feel free to keep pointing out my mistake, I will be wondering how long could you keep it up.

Aah... like I said, It's just a thought. I just feel like expanding Terraria in different ways. Nevertheless, it has no intentions of make real suggestions. Feel free to keep pointing out my mistake, I will be wondering how long could you keep it up.
as the readers, it is basically our job to point out the mistakes. because it's a suggestion that was put here to go into the game.

if you yourself can't take your own suggestion seriously, then you shouldn't post it.

even actually funny joke suggestions don't make it far.

Back
Top Bottom