Story Terraria: Overgrowth

I think every writer has their own skill, and I think collaborative writing really allows for stories to be well rounded and come out better. I still think you're writing is incredible, and would ping you on Steam all the time if I could.
Awwww..... Thanks <3

That means a lot coming from you.

QHlrRJE.gif

The heart of the jungle is beating, it shakes the very ground, but can you hear it?

index.php
Derunih here, at long last bringing you another installment of Overgrowth. Yes, yes, you can stop refreshing your alerts tab now. On a more serious note, thank you all for waiting on it, I am glad to see this has been so well received, especially in this early a stage.

index.php

To teach a man to fish, or a boy...

CH:2
The little boy stares up at his parents with wide eyes, trying to listen as they pointed at the large amount of water, “Now look, Spencer. You don’t know how to swim yet, so you need to be careful, okay?”

The boy nods slowly, and the mother giggles, “We will ask you on what you learnt, so make sure to pay attention.” She leans down, and pats him on the head. He squirms, and reaches up to adjust his floppy hat he was wearing.

The father glances at them, trying not to let go of his fishing rod, “Don’t tease him too much, Claire. After all, he needs to pay attention to this, especially if we want him to take care of himself these days.”

She crosses her arms, and scowls briefly, “We agreed on no gloomy talk, Henry. We need to stay cheerful, or everything back there will run us ragged.”

The boy just blinks up at them as they argue. He also watches his dad’s hands, fascinated by how the Fishing Rod worked. He wasn’t strong enough to hold one yet, but he liked all the colourful fishies his dad catched. Especially the rare ones!

Just as Henry let go of the rod with one hand to turn to Spencer, slightly abashed from his scolding, something tugged at his line. Something big. He was jerked off of his seat, and the dorsal fin of a mighty Shark was seen sailing out of the water.

Claire screams, and runs forward to help pull him away from the shore. Spencer just sits on the sand, and adjusts his hat, thinking that that was the biggest fish he had ever seen. Looked kinda funny, too.
It didn't take long for Spencer to notice that it wasn't all okay, on the contrary. As red liquid pooled above the ocean, his mother's shrieks amplified. He stood up, confused, scared, and afraid by the sight.

Claire waded into the water, waist deep, in time to witness the stream of blood trailing towards the surface... stop. Her eyes widened and she shouted "Spencer, look away! C-close your eyes." In response he put his hat over his eyes, almost with the mindset it was a game, and only muffled distress could be heard. When he finally took the hat away from his eyes, his mother was gone too.

Amusing bubbles of red blood popped as they came in contact with air. Funny. Spencer likes bubbles.
Spencer didn't know much of what had happened, other than that he was breaking the rules of the game. He was also tired. So he laid in the sand, closed his eyes.

index.php
Whew, glad to have that written. Thank for your patience, please remember to like, leave a comment, and a theory or two. Banners, and any other contribution you want to make to the thread, are always welcome! If you'd like to be tagged per episode make sure to ask for a subscription!

Art Credits: @Pinelord | @Vikri | @DerpoTheMagnificent

Subscribed Members:

@Brick Creeper -
@excession -
@PrivateIvy
@The Laughable Frog
@Sad Seth

Life_Fruit_%28Tiles%29.png
G4T5ju1.png
G4T5ju1.png

Last edited:
Hurk, I missed the alert too!. *Glares at alerts tab*

Anyway, dang, son! RIP Angler's parents. Story's still looking great so far.

Also, I must say, Spencer was always my favorite Angler name.

The high-pitched laughter was from Moon Lord. Woops, I just spoiled the finish... Hahaha
I liked it.
What about a story with the name Terraria: Overgrowth and a subtitle "The heart of the jungle is pulsing, it shrieks in pain, but can you hear it?" did you like this idea?

The high-pitched laughter was from Moon Lord. Woops, I just spoiled the finish... Hahaha
I liked it.
What about a story with the name Terraria: Overgrowth and a subtitle "The heart of the jungle is pulsing, it shrieks in pain, but can you hear it?" did you like this idea?
I can't believe I didn't think of that.

QHlrRJE.gif

The heart of the jungle throbs, it runs its walls threadbare, but can you hear it?

index.php
Teal is back again, to post more stuff. People are starting to catch on, and we're excited to see people piece together our story. We hope you guys continue drop likes and comments. Speaking of which, the initial buzz of this thread has died down quite a bit, so please don't forget to help us keep this thread alive. Likes, comments, and sharing really do benefit us, and make us feel like our writing is being read. Gotta keep Derunih happy or he locks me in the closet and recites the alphabet. Damnit Teal, you :red:d the thread to death.

Also worth note, is that this is a double chapter. We'll be releasing the next installation sooner than our regular totally consistent schedule would allow.

index.php

Yo ho and a bottle of… Aww...

CH:3
Muscles rippling in the warm and salty air, the first mate stands proudly at the wheel. Aboard the Terra Absolutus. Amongst the men, currently at his command, was much ruckus. Despite the eager attempts to hush them and focus them on preparing the ship from departure, they continued mutter incomprehensible sea shanties, and all manner of random thing. He had to pull the captain card just about now.

"Now, what would Cap thing if he returned to this bundle of second rate dogs?" The crew slurred some curses and resumed their chores without much further instruction, aside from the occasional dramatic bark. He gently scraped a telescopic eyepiece against the wheel in boredom. Lacking anything better, he uncoiled it, and watched the treeline, awaiting the captain's return.

Sweat cooling upon his brow, he scowls at one of the deckhands to come and plague him with yet another worry. He holds up a hand, already guessing what it was, “No, don’ you start on me. We ran out of somethin’ else, did we?”

The deckhand nods, looking woried, “Yes sir, and you won’t like hearin’ what it is.”

Narrowing his eyes at the unfortunate messenger, the first mate stepped down from the helm, “OH won’t I now? We have water in reserve. And we have some hard-tack left to chew. The only thing I can think of is the ru… No. I will personally make sure to throw tha man overboard that drank the last o’ that.”

The deckhand opens his mouth, closes it, then opens it once more with great hesitation, “I… I didn’ see the one to do it. But, the kegs are all empty sir. You could ask around, but not many know we are out yet, and the mood is sour as it is.”

The first mate growls at the messenger, causing him to scamper elsewhere to help keep the vessel in shape. He muttered to himself, “I knew that already, you thrice-cursed mother kicker.” Hefting the Telescope, he scans the shore once again. Nothing.

Emitting a sound halfway between a heated curse and a resigned sigh, the First Mate calls out, “The Capn’ is late! Probably lost track of time in some seedy tavern or the like. So, I’ve been thinkin’, I want me a piece o’ that!” Chuckles from some of the crew, fixed stares from the rest, “And once I have had me fill as well, I’ll drag his bloated behind back, with those rations he promised!” That brought more cheers. Good.

Pointing at the Quartermaster, the First Mate ordered, “Get me a couple of strong lads to accompany me on my venture, and make sure to keep everything orderly till my return. I find one sign of disobedience upon our Capn’s vessel, and it is your back that’ll bear the punishment!”

Seeing the Quartermaster nod solemnly, the First Mate smirked. He had always been a smart one, and knew exactly why he had received his orders. Watching the scurry of crewmen getting a longboat ready, the First Mate pulled out the telescope again. Need to remember to leave it with the Quartermaster.

index.php
Boy, that was exhausting. For Derunih. I was asleep whilst he did all the hard work, rest assured I got a few hours in the closet.Keep the feedback flowing, and don't forget to share the story, and ask for a subscription, if you're enjoying our story.

Art Credits:
@Pinelord | @Vikri | @DerpoTheMagnificent

Subscribed Members:
@Brick Creeper -
@excession -
@PrivateIvy -
@The Laughable Frog -
@Sad Seth -
@FSG Gaming -
@Doom0 -

QHlrRJE.gif

The heart of the jungle throbs, it runs its walls threadbare, but can you hear it?

index.php
Teal is back again, to post more stuff. People are starting to catch on, and we're excited to see people piece together our story. We hope you guys continue drop likes and comments. Speaking of which, the initial buzz of this thread has died down quite a bit, so please don't forget to help us keep this thread alive. Likes, comments, and sharing really do benefit us, and make us feel like our writing is being read. Gotta keep Derunih happy or he locks me in the closet and recites the alphabet. Damnit Teal, you :red:d the thread to death.

Also worth note, is that this is a double chapter. We'll be releasing the next installation sooner than our regular totally consistent schedule would allow.

index.php

Yo ho and a bottle of… Aww...

CH:3
Muscles rippling in the warm and salty air, the first mate stands proudly at the wheel. Aboard the Terra Absolutus. Amongst the men, currently at his command, was much ruckus. Despite the eager attempts to hush them and focus them on preparing the ship from departure, they continued mutter incomprehensible sea shanties, and all manner of random thing. He had to pull the captain card just about now.

"Now, what would Cap thing if he returned to this bundle of second rate dogs?" The crew slurred some curses and resumed their chores without much further instruction, aside from the occasional dramatic bark. He gently scraped a telescopic eyepiece against the wheel in boredom. Lacking anything better, he uncoiled it, and watched the treeline, awaiting the captain's return.

Sweat cooling upon his brow, he scowls at one of the deckhands to come and plague him with yet another worry. He holds up a hand, already guessing what it was, “No, don’ you start on me. We ran out of somethin’ else, did we?”

The deckhand nods, looking woried, “Yes sir, and you won’t like hearin’ what it is.”

Narrowing his eyes at the unfortunate messenger, the first mate stepped down from the helm, “OH won’t I now? We have water in reserve. And we have some hard-tack left to chew. The only thing I can think of is the ru… No. I will personally make sure to throw tha man overboard that drank the last o’ that.”

The deckhand opens his mouth, closes it, then opens it once more with great hesitation, “I… I didn’ see the one to do it. But, the kegs are all empty sir. You could ask around, but not many know we are out yet, and the mood is sour as it is.”

The first mate growls at the messenger, causing him to scamper elsewhere to help keep the vessel in shape. He muttered to himself, “I knew that already, you thrice-cursed mother kicker.” Hefting the Telescope, he scans the shore once again. Nothing.

Emitting a sound halfway between a heated curse and a resigned sigh, the First Mate calls out, “The Capn’ is late! Probably lost track of time in some seedy tavern or the like. So, I’ve been thinkin’, I want me a piece o’ that!” Chuckles from some of the crew, fixed stares from the rest, “And once I have had me fill as well, I’ll drag his bloated behind back, with those rations he promised!” That brought more cheers. Good.

Pointing at the Quartermaster, the First Mate ordered, “Get me a couple of strong lads to accompany me on my venture, and make sure to keep everything orderly till my return. I find one sign of disobedience upon our Capn’s vessel, and it is your back that’ll bear the punishment!”

Seeing the Quartermaster nod solemnly, the First Mate smirked. He had always been a smart one, and knew exactly why he had received his orders. Watching the scurry of crewmen getting a longboat ready, the First Mate pulled out the telescope again. Need to remember to leave it with the Quartermaster.

index.php
Boy, that was exhausting. For Derunih. I was asleep whilst he did all the hard work, rest assured I got a few hours in the closet.Keep the feedback flowing, and don't forget to share the story, and ask for a subscription, if you're enjoying our story.

Art Credits:
@Pinelord | @Vikri | @DerpoTheMagnificent

Subscribed Members:
@Brick Creeper -
@excession -
@PrivateIvy -
@The Laughable Frog -
@Sad Seth -
@FSG Gaming -
@Doom0 -

Yay! More chapters!

I wish I could produce good writing as quickly as you guys.

*Jack Sparrow voice* Not the rum!

Looking good still! I'm a bit late, had to go write my own thing.

First mate seems like a pretty cool, clever guy. I can't wait to see how all these stories we've read so far come together. I wonder if all the NPC's will be involved?

Random off topic note: The Pirate is one of my favorite NPC's, and I consider the Angler to be his child.

Go back write your story chapters! 'cause the "jungle will go restless" when you write the chapter 20 or so... :v
confirmed rich mahogany is illuminati, if you get 6 rich mahogany wood and you divide it by 2 you get 3 that is the number of sides of a triangle, that represents a pyramid, pyramids are illuminati.

QHlrRJE.gif

The heart of the jungle pounds, it quakes beneath the ground, but can you hear it?

index.php
**Author's Note:** If you are uncomfortable with potentially gruesome writing, it is recommended you maybe skip this one. Reader discretion is advised.

index.php

♫'Overboard, through the plants, to find Cap'n we go!'♫

CH:4
Stepping out of the longboat onto the shore, the First Mate looks around. He barks orders for two of the men to guard the boat in case they need to leave quickly, and the other two men he brought come with him, setting foot into the deep foliage.

The two men hack out a path through the dense vines, bushes and branches, as the First Mate keeps an eye behind them. He feels a chill run down his spine, despite the jungle surrounding them being so sticky and hot. The plants behind them just seemed to fall back into place, blocking the pathway back in a manner almost like the very plants are trying to trap them…

Shaking his head, the First Mate scolds himself under his breath. Jungles don’t trap people. Bandits and cannibals trap people, and we can deal with both easily. And so can the captain, supposing he hasn’t depleted an entire villages cellar in an evening. Hoo boy, what a memory that was.

Quake. The plants are falling into place faster now. As weathered by the fickle seas as he was, the eerie nature of the plant life caging them was getting to the First Mate, just as he bumped into the crew member in front of him. Swiveling around, a string of particularly strong curses, largely concerning his mother and upbringing, died before they were uttered.

Against a tree, there laid the Captain. Vines covered his body, and they seemed to be drinking him, his skin already taught against his bones. The jungle around them rustled, and the men ran. He could hardly blame them, as he was the one running fastest, lobbing cannonballs ahead of him to shred the vines into a rough paste. Of course this only helped to limited extent, considering the mass of vegetation regenerated at incredible rates. The jungle seems to work cohesively, each element collaboratively assisting the capture attempt. Just as brambly carpeting encroaches, and he is on the brink of collapsing, the swallowing recedes. He hunches over, rests a hand on either knee, and gasps. Letting his lungs refill.

After a short recovery he instinctively turns, and speaks to his crew mates. Only to find them missing. Though, a bit of the jungle is brightened, color swelling into the plant life. He can see it a distance away, just through the dense vegetation. Bright orange illuminates some of the vines, and he can only assume that the plant's are happy to receive a nutritional meal.

He traipses along, in continuous shuffle, trying to find shelter for the encroaching night. And, sustenance, ideally. After quite literally clawing his way out of mud, he can see a cave, dimly lit by the fading light. His excitement fuels him to scurry to the cave, and collapse against the hard floor.

Crawling into the cave, he looks around. Nobody here, but the sound of gently lapping water is echoing from deeper in. Water is good, so he keeps crawling, trying to find something to drink. He manages to exert a majority of his remaining energy, but also finds the water. All around the water, blue moss spans the length of the body. The occasional pale mushroom protruding from it, blue spots littering them. They emit a very faint glow. As the last of day's light dims, a new light is born. The top of the cave is littered with blue goo, which now radiates a very bright light. White worms writhe against the ceiling, encompassed in what would seemingly be their blue mucus. He takes a minute to absorb the scenery, disgusting, but astonishing at once.

As his resistance fails, he becomes aware of a worm which had seemingly lost its ability to stick to the ceiling, and fell towards the water. Before ripples could be formed from the fall, a fish darted out of the water to eat the worm, and resubmerged itself moments later.

Reawakened, and invigorated, the First Mate charges into the water. He roots around in the mud attempting to disturb the fish. Nothing. He feels around more, recoiling when large jaws clamp down on his finger. Entrenched into the mud is a large, round, slime textured, fish. He simply grabs it by the tail and tugs, only to fall face first in the water. The fish has grappled itself into the dirt with its spiny fins. He jumps on it, and to his surprise, it soars out of the water into his arms. The fish is huge and fat to have jumped out of the water with such grace, precision, and speed. The fish resembles the jungle very closely. He chucks the fish past the body of shallow water and smiles at the satisfying thud.

He trudged over to the fish, sits down, and without the energy to sanitize/prepare it, he clamps down. Slime pools in the back of his throat, and he is tempted to gag. Grissily lard tasting sludge sticks to his teeth and runs over his lip, despite him having barely penetrated the fish's exterior. He clamps deeper, determined to get to the meat. After accomplishing so, and hacking violently at the taste, he is met with the crunch of bones. Which are brittle enough to break, and flavor his entire mouth with a nauseating trifecta. Slowly, and grimly, he eats, bit by bit. Swallowing scales, fins, spines, whole. After gorging himself on the scrumptious morsel he lays down against the cave's cold floor, and contemplates dying, and how he can honor his captain. More worms fall from the ceiling.

index.php
I hope you enjoyed the second part of the First Mate’s wanderings, and everything it entailed. And I hope to see you lot again once the next chapter is out! Don't forget to share, like, and drop us some feedback. A few word goes a million miles. If you'd like to be tagged per edition, make sure to shout loudly in Teal's ear for a subscription.

Subscribed Members:
@Brick Creeper -
@excession -
@PrivateIvy -
@The Laughable Frog -
@Sad Seth -
@FSG Gaming -
@Doom0 -

Last edited:
QHlrRJE.gif

The heart of the jungle pounds, it quakes beneath the ground, but can you hear it?

index.php
**Author's Note:** If you are uncomfortable with potentially gruesome writing, it is recommended you maybe skip this one. Reader discretion is advised.

index.php

♫'Overboard, through the plants, to find Cap'n we go!'♫

CH:4
Stepping out of the longboat onto the shore, the First Mate looks around. He barks orders for two of the men to guard the boat in case they need to leave quickly, and the other two men he brought come with him, setting foot into the deep foliage.

The two men hack out a path through the dense vines, bushes and branches, as the First Mate keeps an eye behind them. He feels a chill run down his spine, despite the jungle surrounding them being so sticky and hot. The plants behind them just seemed to fall back into place, blocking the pathway back in a manner almost like the very plants are trying to trap them…

Shaking his head, the First Mate scolds himself under his breath. Jungles don’t trap people. Bandits and cannibals trap people, and we can deal with both easily. And so can the captain, supposing he hasn’t depleted an entire villages cellar in an evening. Hoo boy, what a memory that was.

Quake. The plants are falling into place faster now. As weathered by the fickle seas as he was, the eerie nature of the plant life caging them was getting to the First Mate, just as he bumped into the crew member in front of him. Swiveling around, a string of particularly strong curses, largely concerning his mother and upbringing, died before they were uttered.

Against a tree, there laid the Captain. Vines covered his body, and they seemed to be drinking him, his skin already taught against his bones. The jungle around them rustled, and the men ran. He could hardly blame them, as he was the one running fastest, lobbing cannonballs ahead of him to shred the vines into a rough paste. Of course this only helped to limited extent, considering the mass of vegetation regenerated at incredible rates. The jungle seems to work cohesively, each element collaboratively assisting the capture attempt. Just as brambly carpeting encroaches, and he is on the brink of collapsing, the swallowing recedes. He hunches over, rests a hand on either knee, and gasps. Letting his lungs refill.

After a short recovery he instinctively turns, and speaks to his crew mates. Only to find them missing. Though, a bit of the jungle is brightened, color swelling into the plant life. He can see it a distance away, just through the dense vegetation. Bright orange illuminates some of the vines, and he can only assume that the plant's are happy to receive a nutritional meal.

He traipses along, in continuous shuffle, trying to find shelter for the encroaching night. And, sustenance, ideally. After quite literally clawing his way out of mud, he can see a cave, dimly lit by the fading light. His excitement fuels him to scurry to the cave, and collapse against the hard floor.

Crawling into the cave, he looks around. Nobody here, but the sound of gently lapping water is echoing from deeper in. Water is good, so he keeps crawling, trying to find something to drink. He manages to exert a majority of his remaining energy, but also finds the water. All around the water, blue moss spans the length of the body. The occasional pale mushroom protruding from it, blue spots littering them. They emit a very faint glow. As the last of day's light dims, a new light is born. The top of the cave is littered with blue goo, which now radiates a very bright light. White worms writhe against the ceiling, encompassed in what would seemingly be their blue mucus. He takes a minute to absorb the scenery, disgusting, but astonishing at once.

As his resistance fails, he becomes aware of a worm which had seemingly lost its ability to stick to the ceiling, and fell towards the water. Before ripples could be formed from the fall, a fish darted out of the water to eat the worm, and resubmerged itself moments later.

Reawakened, and invigorated, the First Mate charges into the water. He roots around in the mud attempting to disturb the fish. Nothing. He feels around more, recoiling when large jaws clamp down on his finger. Entrenched into the mud is a large, round, slime textured, fish. He simply grabs it by the tail and tugs, only to fall face first in the water. The fish has grappled itself into the dirt with its spiny fins. He jumps on it, and to his surprise, it soars out of the water into his arms. The fish is huge and fat to have jumped out of the water with such grace, precision, and speed. The fish resembles the jungle very closely. He chucks the fish past the body of shallow water and smiles at the satisfying thud.

He trudged over to the fish, sits down, and without the energy to sanitize/prepare it, he clamps down. Slime pools in the back of his throat, and he is tempted to gag. Grissily lard tasting sludge sticks to his teeth and runs over his lip, despite him having barely penetrated the fish's exterior. He clamps deeper, determined to get to the meat. After accomplishing so, and hacking violently at the taste, he is met with the crunch of bones. Which are brittle enough to break, and flavor his entire mouth with a nauseating trifecta. Slowly, and grimly, he eats, bit by bit. Swallowing scales, fins, spines, whole. After gorging himself on the scrumptious morsel he lays down against the cave's cold floor, and contemplates dying, and how he can honor his captain. More worms fall from the ceiling.

index.php
I hope you enjoyed the second part of the First Mate’s wanderings, and everything it entailed. And I hope to see you lot again once the next chapter is out! Don't forget to share, like, and drop us some feedback. A few word goes a million miles. If you'd like to be tagged per edition, make sure to shout loudly in Teal's ear for a subscription.

Subscribed Members:
@Brick Creeper -
@excession -
@PrivateIvy -
@The Laughable Frog -
@Sad Seth -
@FSG Gaming -
@Doom0 -

Very nice! (Not gruesome enough XD)

I love where this is going.