tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Thanks for the heads up. I was about to download the new update to fix the error spam, but now i find that to be better than no item spawn. That must be rough.

2.1.4 released
An EXTREEEEEMELYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY important bugfix, accompanied by some minor changes.

Important:

• Moved to tModLoader 0.10.1.3, to make sure that nobody reports me any issues with multiplayer. Overhaul will tell you where to get it.
Fixes:
  • Fixed a terrible bug that'd cause items to randomly not drop from blocks and enemies.
  • Fixed Outdated tModLoader error translations not working.
  • More climbing bugfixes.
  • Fixed zombies breaking with "Disable some sprite replacements" on.
Changes:
  • King Slime now has 400 more hp, but is very weak to fire.
  • Red Devil now has weakness to water and resistance to fire, like all other hell enemies.
  • Wall of Flesh now has resistance to fire. It already had weakness to water.
[doublepost=1519783023,1519782984][/doublepost]
So.. no bugfixes today? :s
I really wanna play
Thanks for the heads up. I was about to download the new update to fix the error spam, but now i find that to be better than no item spawn. That must be rough.
Can confirm, items do not drop anymore. Is there a way to go back to the previous version?
Huge bug. Dropped items vanish. Blocks and items don't drop either.
So, today I decided to finally update tModLoader from 0.10.1.1 to 0.10.1.2 and Terraria Overhaul from 2.0.3 to 2.1.3, and this resulted in a strange bug. Sometimes items in the game just... don't drop. I mine stone, but there are no stone blocks; I kill mobs, but there is no loot; I catch butterflies, but they just disappear; I cut mushrooms in my farm, but they all vanish immediately. How do I fix this?
The mods I use are: Terraria Overhaul, Alchemist NPC, MaxStackPlus, Yet Another Boss Healthbar, Magic Storage, Recipe Browser, imkSushi's Mod, Boss Checklist and Thorium.
So hey Mirsario, i'm a Mediumcore player and I noticed that after i died all my items dissapeared (they didnt drop like usual) so i tested it again (using Cheat sheet to get them back) and the second time only 4 dropped and the rest were gone, I run Calamity, GRealm, theLuggage, Fargo's Mutant, Where's my items, Boss Checklist, Recipe Browser, More Chest loot, Alchemist & Overhaul, i didnt have any problems in the past, this is the first bug that i encountered... so... yeah...

Thanks Mirsario! i feel like you've been working on it a lot this past few days, very much appreciate

I still dont drop items on death thou

Last edited:
not sure if the current bugs i found are related to updating the mod and the Tmod environment so this comment can be taken with a grain of salt. im not sure how do Overhaul works with cursor management and im sure the mod shouldnt change the cursor behavior for the usual UI things but it seems the game is checking double for any right click i do so if i want to say, take 3 units of wood from a stack it takes 6 or even 8 units instead.

the oher issue i found was that for some reason the game was disabling ambient and music sounds after i updated the modding environment along with Overhaul. if you try to change the volume options in-game they reset again to 0 after a while, or they do it automatically after you changed them. maybe its tied to the cursor issues or something.

anyone else is having the same problem? i expect that there's some kind of non compatibility coming from the other mods, but all of them are content mods and as such they shouldnt interfere with these things compared to Overhaul so im taking it as a possible suspect.

otherwise the mod seems to be working fine, havent checked if changing the options and opening the game again fixes it, or if its related to saves from an older version of Tmod and Overhaul. but saves shouldnt interfere, im pretty sure.

I'm having a problem, when I went to see what materials I needed to repair The Undertaker, my game crashed. Is this on my end or is this happening with other people too?

Anyone know why some of my mods aren't working, they say they require a DALib file and i've searched everywhere but I cannot find a reference to this anywhere

I keep getting
Expected resource not found:
Dust/DustSmoke
Closest guess: (Is there a spelling or folder placment error)
icon
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModGetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Modloader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddDust(String name, ModDust dust, String texture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
atTerraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
[doublepost=1519887829,1519887735][/doublepost]Expected resource not found:
Dusts/DustSmoke
Closest guess: (Is there a spelling or folder placement error?)
icon

at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddDust(String name, ModDust dust, String texture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadDust(Type type)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
[doublepost=1519887979][/doublepost]
post the whole message and name your OS and processor architecture.
and is my Overhaul sttings supposed to say Mods.TerrariaOverhaul.Settings.OverhaulSttings
[doublepost=1519888173][/doublepost]I'm just installed to newest Net Framework and that is the second message is the whole message

My game also crashed and gave me
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TerrariaOverhaul.MethodSwapping.PlayerHooks_GetDrawLayers(Player drawPlayer) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\MethodSwapping.cs:line 1796
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at Terraria.GameContent.UI.Elements.UICharacter.DrawSelf(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.DrawChildren(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.GameContent.UI.Elements.UIList.UIInnerList.DrawChildren(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.GameContent.UI.States.UICharacterSelect.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
[doublepost=1519888997,1519888960][/doublepost]this is when I select single player

ok can confirm that the cursor and sound issues were caused by the save files, not TMod or Overhaul. the world and character werent compatible with the latest updates so i had to generate new ones, tested without Overhaul disabled and later enabled. there was a crash but its expected after activation (mod requires opening the game all over again).

as for Omegatani's question. dont have experince with Crystilium but the other big content mods like Thorium, and Calamity work fine so far. Spirit has some issues with a few items but most of its content is compatible and it can be fixed with later updates, Antiaris is new but its also compatible, allthought i recommend for now to create the worlds with Overhaul disabled because Antiaris seems to get into worldgen issues when you have Overhaul enabled which is strange taking in account the mod doesnt interfere on anything world gen so until the next Antiaris update it has to be done like that to evade crashes or structure issues (mostly the Guide's House).

Last edited:
How does this interact with the other big mods, like Thorium, Calamity, Crystilium, and the like?
Pretty much everything besides guns should be overhauled just like vanilla content.
[doublepost=1519955125,1519954892][/doublepost]
and is my Overhaul sttings supposed to say Mods.TerrariaOverhaul.Settings.OverhaulSttings
You didn't answer me. What is your operational system and are you on a 32-bit or 64-bit PC? Also make sure you're on tModLoader 0.10.1.3

I'm not sure if anyone else if having this issue, but I've recently created a female character and my characters body is bugged. It shows a male body and displays clipping on the torso's skin when I'm flying, but looks normal when I'm on a rope. Oddly tho its just the body, the legs are normal according to the gypsy robe.

PS: Aside from this mod, I have the "Thorium Mod" active and "Yet Another Boss Health Bar" active.
Capture 2018-03-01 20_57_51.png
Capture 2018-03-01 20_58_01.png
Capture 2018-03-01 21_11_25.png

Edit: Um, you know what? I don't think the female body shows at all and the default look is applied instead... or something like that, but what do I know. owo

Last edited:
Anyone know why some of my mods aren't working, they say they require a DALib file and i've searched everywhere but I cannot find a reference to this anywhere

DALib is a mod library for various stuff that the user Dark-Assassin has made (their homepage and mod list can be found here: https://x1.rfc1337.net/mods.php). You can find it on the mod browser as "Dark-Assassin's Mod Library (DALib)", or get it manually here: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/DALib.tmod. NOTE: As far as I know it's only for tModLoader 0.10.1.1, so keep that in mind if you updated to the more recent versions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom