tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Ive noticed that when the Mop is active, All summons do no damage. If i switch to another item in my hotbar, they start doing damage again. The summons are Blood Clots from Calamity, but its also happens with other summons aswell.

Last edited:
Hey! Love this mod, especially the ambience, but I have one issue. When jumping up and down, the lighting on the blood decals sort of "flashes" kind of violently, somewhat like a strobe effect. I turned off all other mods to see if it solves the issue and it does not appear to do so.

Hey! Love this mod, especially the ambience, but I have one issue. When jumping up and down, the lighting on the blood decals sort of "flashes" kind of violently, somewhat like a strobe effect. I turned off all other mods to see if it solves the issue and it does not appear to do so.
bad math in shaders that i was unable to fix because i'm dumb.

hey i loaded up the mod today to get some stuff done and i had palepink squares showing up in my crimson i thought i just needed to reload it but it is all still there what do i do to fix it other then say something is wrong here? Capture 2018-03-24 20_24_17.png

hey i loaded up the mod today to get some stuff done and i had palepink squares showing up in my crimson i thought i just needed to reload it but it is all still there what do i do to fix it other then say something is wrong here? View attachment 196513
Apparently at some point i changed crimson ligaments' internal name, so all old instances turned into pink blocks. Mine them up, they won't appear again.

When it rains in spring the mod makes a lot of thunder, like too much, it rained for a day and i saw 7 or 8 strikes, well, it's the "burning everything including my house which had a stonebrick roof" part that is of annoying though. Any chance can you reduce the thunder striking likeliness, or add a thunder rod? (Or I could just build houses with an extra layer of bricks and no wooden walls, but i'd prefer the rod though) Other than that the mod is fantastic, it brought so much to the game.

When it rains in spring the mod makes a lot of thunder, like too much, it rained for a day and i saw 7 or 8 strikes, well, it's the "burning everything including my house which had a stonebrick roof" part that is of annoying though. Any chance can you reduce the thunder striking likeliness, or add a thunder rod? (Or I could just build houses with an extra layer of bricks and no wooden walls, but i'd prefer the rod though) Other than that the mod is fantastic, it brought so much to the game.
There is a lightning rod.

This mod is absolutely amazing. It makes playing the non-overhauled version of Terraria pretty hard. However its not perfect, but I'll explain that in a bit.

Movement with this mod is perfect and a lot less linear than before. You can actually dodge the attacks from bosses or enemies, rather than attempting to jump or dash around it. My only real issue is that the falling speed isn't capped so going down to the underworld is jarringly fast, and the momentum you gain while using a gravitation potion is ridiculous, making it useless for much more than finding a sky island, and this issue came to light in the Queen Jellyfish fight from Thorium where her bubbles shoot you to the top of the map, and your absurd falling speed probably despawns the boss once it catches up to you in the sky.

Combat is hit or miss, some changes are okay, others can be annoying. A lot of weapons that had their best quality being auto-fire have been nerfed in this mod (primarily the Murumasa, which is now pretty useless aside from making the Night's Edge) and a lot of other weapons have been made better due to this.

The dodge roll is by far my favorite mechanic from the mod, as it makes combat feel less clunky and annoying. I would highly encourage making this part of an Overhaul Lite or something, for people who only want the most important features, like the combat roll or weapon changes.

All of the other changes are pretty welcome additions that make the game feel just that much more polished. Great mode overall, however it does have a one glaring issue. The alt-tab issues. This makes doing anything else but Terraria basically impossible unless you like playing on windowed mode. If this issue were to be fixed, the mode would be a clear 10/10, entirely worth playing.

However, due to the alt-tab issues I give it a 8/10, wholly worth playing, but its not as perfect as it could be due to one major issue, and the main post detailing things about the mod needs to be updated! It says projectile swords only use their projectile on power attacks but it is quite the contrary, they fire projectiles per swing, and shoot three on power attacks.

Great mod!

I have three major mods and two minor mods in combination. they are: Calamity, Tremor, Thorium, dual wielding, wing slot.

before this mod, i could make new worlds. post enabling, no longer. what is going on?

This mod is absolutely amazing. It makes playing the non-overhauled version of Terraria pretty hard. However its not perfect, but I'll explain that in a bit.

Movement with this mod is perfect and a lot less linear than before. You can actually dodge the attacks from bosses or enemies, rather than attempting to jump or dash around it. My only real issue is that the falling speed isn't capped so going down to the underworld is jarringly fast, and the momentum you gain while using a gravitation potion is ridiculous, making it useless for much more than finding a sky island, and this issue came to light in the Queen Jellyfish fight from Thorium where her bubbles shoot you to the top of the map, and your absurd falling speed probably despawns the boss once it catches up to you in the sky.

Combat is hit or miss, some changes are okay, others can be annoying. A lot of weapons that had their best quality being auto-fire have been nerfed in this mod (primarily the Murumasa, which is now pretty useless aside from making the Night's Edge) and a lot of other weapons have been made better due to this.

The dodge roll is by far my favorite mechanic from the mod, as it makes combat feel less clunky and annoying. I would highly encourage making this part of an Overhaul Lite or something, for people who only want the most important features, like the combat roll or weapon changes.

All of the other changes are pretty welcome additions that make the game feel just that much more polished. Great mode overall, however it does have a one glaring issue. The alt-tab issues. This makes doing anything else but Terraria basically impossible unless you like playing on windowed mode. If this issue were to be fixed, the mode would be a clear 10/10, entirely worth playing.

However, due to the alt-tab issues I give it a 8/10, wholly worth playing, but its not as perfect as it could be due to one major issue, and the main post detailing things about the mod needs to be updated! It says projectile swords only use their projectile on power attacks but it is quite the contrary, they fire projectiles per swing, and shoot three on power attacks.

Great mod!
Disabling blood on tiles does fix the crashes from alt tabs. I tried fixing this completely a hundred times already. Sucks how all of XNA is closed sourced on windows.
[doublepost=1522063306,1522063263][/doublepost]
I have three major mods and two minor mods in combination. they are: Calamity, Tremor, Thorium, dual wielding, wing slot.

before this mod, i could make new worlds. post enabling, no longer. what is going on?
Grab a beta on previous page, or turn off overhaul for worldgen. It doesn't affect it, but does interfere because of some bugs.

The rod of discord now causes this odd shadow afterimage effect, and a large black bar to show up on the side of the screen of which you are teleporting to. The latter of which was fixed by enabling smooth camera, though the former still remains. I've tried the beta in hopes it would contain a solution, but no such luck. I do not seem to remember such an occurrence in v1.0. I hope that helps narrow down the possible cause for this issue.

Attachments

• 20180326192900_1.jpg
    20180326192900_1.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 235
I noticed a graphical bug that happens when this and Thorium mod are enabled, which is that Fighter type mobs added by Thorium only display the bottom portion of their sprite, and the rest is invisible. I tried disabling all mods except for Overhaul and Thorium and it still happened. Aside from that they work perfectly fine, hitbox and functionality wise, so it's just a graphical issue, but I just thought it should be added to the Mod Compatibility section.
Treeentbroke.png

The screenshot is of a Mahogany Ent.

Bug report; for whatever reason the set bonus from Titanium Armor doesn't seem to work. It just never does. SOMETIMES deequipping and equipping the set solves it, but even then, it's like for 1 minute (2 procs), I've ran through the map for like 2-3 minutes looking for stars and despite hitting everything in sight it just stopped proccing early on.
It might be something on my side though, I had issues with fire mechanics in the past...
EDIT: Items also randomly disappear as I pick them up. The ones I remember the most was when I lost a Blessed Apple and Life Fruit this way, but it happened before too.
ANOTHER EDIT: I'm now getting less than 10 eternia crystals from a wave in the Old One's event, so this is actually really troublesome.

Last edited:
Can you make it so beehives don't spawn on player placed walls during summer? I'm tired of having to clear out so many hives from my house. Otherwise this is a great mod.

Any possibility for a "Lite" version of this, mostly just the essentials like seasons and the like? Stability is easily compromised and crashes on loading.

Also the fact that burning surface mushrooms turn into Wood instead of charcoal is hillarious to me and I think that any mushroom directly struck will turn into a tree would be amusing enough.

Last edited:
Question: In the config, or somewhere, would it be possible to disable most things to just have like ambiance? I just really want cave sounds etc

i asked this on the Nexus page but it seems like it's a little dead there so i came here instead

I have a problem that happens only when this mod is enabled

i'm using a texture replacer (slim character) and i noticed something pretty annoying, the sprite of the character change if i weild a weapon or not, worst in that is i beleive the character use the male torso despite being female

with a weapon https://i.imgur.com/fibkD1H.png
and without https://i.imgur.com/gTL0nr2.png

also remove certain accessories from being diplayed like Handcuffs and the like
is there any way to deactivate sprite changes on the character ?

Thanks in advance

Barb-tan,

You could try changing player rendering back to vanilla. Just look for the config file for Terraria Overhaul in your documents (in the ModLoader file) and set VanillaPlayerRendering to "true". Of course, this will disable the enhanced rendering, especially the gun aiming.

Back
Top Bottom