tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Damn, i like this mod a lot for its features but the wolves/monsters spawning in my base and killing npcs is far too annoying for me
Too bad

God damn wolves

If it gets bad, there are some ways to at least reduce the monsters spawning in/on/near your base. One is to get some sunflowers and place them on the grass near your base (this only works if you place them on the normal forest/hallow grass though). The other way is to get a peace candle and put it on some table area.

With enough iron/lead you can craft lightning rods that attract thunder strikes pretty well

ahhh xD cool :3 i didnt go mining yet :3 gotta hunt dem iron like crazy now xD
How does it work tho? how far do i need to put it from my house for it to work?

I'm playing Overhaul with calamity, thorium and other mods, and some of the thorium and calamity monsters sprites are only half shown.
If someone else already had this problem and it has been solved, please tell me how.
Screenshot:View attachment 197390

This cause is for the Overhaul, the same happened to me with the new biome that the enemies of said biome appeared like this (Reachman)
reachman.png

Another question, someone knows which mod is the cause of his leaving the game suddenly because I'm going to the deepest of that infested ocean and the game crashed.
ocen.png

i should try again to update the mod, remove my configs maybe and see if it stops crashing because with the version i have, even with pink candles and sunflowers
There's just an obscene amount of monsters spawning sometimes

Edit: found where that crash comes from, last mod version isn't compatible with Terraria patcher anymore, but even then, the game crashed after i tried loading a character

Last edited:
ahhh xD cool :3 i didnt go mining yet :3 gotta hunt dem iron like crazy now xD
How does it work tho? how far do i need to put it from my house for it to work?

You can place it anywhere for it to work. I place mine on the roof of my house. BUT...you need to place the lightning rod on blocks that are not flammable.

Hey, so I keep getting an error message that disables the mod. Wondering if it's a compatibility issue with some other mod (probably is; I always over-mod moddable games).
Here's what the log spewed out if any of you are willing to help.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index)
at System.Reflection.PropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj)
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.get_steamID() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 144
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.get_isCool() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 195
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.InvokeCool(Action action) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 7412
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.InitEmotes() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 886
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.Load() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 548
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Steamworks is not initialized.
at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.get_SteamID64()

Top of spoiler

Thanks.

Hey, so I keep getting an error message that disables the mod. Wondering if it's a compatibility issue with some other mod (probably is; I always over-mod moddable games).
Here's what the log spewed out if any of you are willing to help.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index)
at System.Reflection.PropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj)
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.get_steamID() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 144
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.get_isCool() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 195
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.InvokeCool(Action action) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 7412
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.InitEmotes() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 886
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.Load() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 548
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Steamworks is not initialized.
at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.get_SteamID64()

Top of spoiler

Thanks.
Stacktrace looks as if you pirated terraria, or something's wrong with the way you launch it.
Although fake steam DLLs i had to use for testing multiplayer (something about steam or terraria broke, even yoraiz0r couldn't help me) didn't cause anything like this.
Maybe you're in offline mode?

Is there any possibility to know if the next version will be compatible with terraria patcher again ?
Current one (2.1.6) isn't and It would be really nice to know if it's definitive or not :dryadcry:

https://i.imgur.com/guyHr6p.png this is the error
I have this same problem. I want to use the new version, but it crashes my game as soon as my mods reload. The fact that 2.1.6. works is impressive, since @Mirsario worked on it using only a phone.

@Mirsario

Could you, perhaps, prevent the spawning of bee hives in Town NPC rooms, please? My home has 32 rooms and there is one or more beehives in every single room. It's a lot.

Little problem here.
So...I have music remixes disabled, but there is still Overhaul version hallowed theme. Is this a bug or it's intended? I have my custom wavebank and it kinda ruins it.

@Mirsario

Could you, perhaps, prevent the spawning of bee hives in Town NPC rooms, please? My home has 32 rooms and there is one or more beehives in every single room. It's a lot.
Try placing some candles on tables.
Little problem here.
So...I have music remixes disabled, but there is still Overhaul version hallowed theme. Is this a bug or it's intended? I have my custom wavebank and it kinda ruins it.
bug
i Overheard you can become a Zombie in this mod is that true?
just die to a zombie.

i dont know if this is intended behavior or its just due to spawning mechanics but there's still regular mobs messing around during events. like, for example whenever there's a solar eclipse the enemy table or whatever Terraria uses to spawn enemies shouldnt be still vomiting Forest Wolves or Slimes, it should be just Solar Eclipse mobs.

in addition, i noticed that mod specific events or locations get their specific music theme replaced with the regular purity/tundra theme. i think the only exception to that is the Sulfurous Sea from Calamity. i have yet to figure if its something from an specific content mod or if it happens to all of them but so far Calamity and Thorium dont suffer those. Spirit on the other hand seems to get the music theme overriden for the Spirit biome, Blue Moons and Reach biome. will have to check with them but this could happen with other mods in the future so it should also be looked on from Overhaul's side.

also, the ambient sound for the snowstorm is everywhere during winter. not sure if other's have reported it before but you still hear the wind howling on the desert, jungle and ocean.

Stacktrace looks as if you pirated terraria, or something's wrong with the way you launch it.
Although fake steam DLLs i had to use for testing multiplayer (something about steam or terraria broke, even yoraiz0r couldn't help me) didn't cause anything like this.
Maybe you're in offline mode?

Nah, Terraria is legit (proof below [credentials self censored as to not get hacked again lol]). Idk what causes me to be in offline mode or how to get back online. Steam is on while playing, and mod browser works...

ss.png

Back
Top Bottom