tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

While I really enjoy this mod I wish you could toggle the change to the broadswords off,the charge attack and targeting is nice early to mid game but i'm using it with the Calamity mod and very close to end game gear.and many of there end game swords auto-swing faster then i can click.the charge attack does 1.6 damage and all but these swords would normally be swinging at least 2-3 times in the time it takes for 1 charge attack causing them to lose quite a bit of dps.not to mention your hand gets tired of clicking in some of the prolonged boss fights from that mod.iv actually taken to being a gunner instead of my normally melee runs for that very reason.

System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.PostDraw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 4592
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

I think there is an issue with boss death animations, I am not 100% sure it's not on purpose, but 70% of the time bosses die, they repeatedly shoot out gore while playing their death animation, as if they where repeatedly exploding like they do in vanilla, on top of the animation. I'm pretty sure it's not intended because it blocks out visibility of the animation, and overall looks really bad.

Is it possible to download previous version of the mod? There was a point that one update highly dropped my FPS both in single and multiplayer and i can barely play it with this mod. I think it started at 2.1.3
And yes, every settings both vanilla and mod are at the lowest.

Is it possible to download previous version of the mod? There was a point that one update highly dropped my FPS both in single and multiplayer and i can barely play it with this mod. I think it started at 2.1.3
And yes, every settings both vanilla and mod are at the lowest.
you can get them here, but it's better if you joined the mod's discord and tried to do a performance snapshot with some tool, to figure out what exactly is wrong. I highly doubt that it's overhaul's fault that your performance dropped, since there was nothing but optimizations after 2.1.

you can get them here, but it's better if you joined the mod's discord and tried to do a performance snapshot with some tool, to figure out what exactly is wrong. I highly doubt that it's overhaul's fault that your performance dropped, since there was nothing but optimizations after 2.1.
My laptop might not be the best thing in the world but i did check turning off only overhaul and the FPS indeed increased. I don't have a discord and barely know what it is exactly but i will see what i can do, thank you.

I've got a bit of a problem, When i use this mod my character flickers between his normal skin tone and a ghostly white one. Is that this mod?

When you leap off a nearby hill and perfectly time a power attack that crits doing nearly three times more damage and killing the Eye of Cthulhu you too will become an Overhaul fan.

Momentum + power attack + critical hit = Overhaul Awesomeness.

I love it.

My laptop might not be the best thing in the world but i did check turning off only overhaul and the FPS indeed increased. I don't have a discord and barely know what it is exactly but i will see what i can do, thank you.
I can also confirm that with an AMD FX quadcore 12GBDDR3 and a GTX 950 this mod adds considerable performance overhead and the presence of graphical artifacts becomes much more common. While I don't think this issue is entirely exclusive to Overhaul I think the overhead definitely contributes. I also get periodic hangs with overhaul installed which while not game breaking or prolonged they can happen at inopportune times causing death or poorly timed reactions to what is presented on screen. There seems to be no timed pattern to the hangs so I doubt it's cause by a process stack or logic loop that runs regularly.

Overall good mod but the longer I play the more little things niggle at me. For example wall kicking only ever works when you don't need it and never when you do need it. Maybe tie the control to a key and then have it context aware to when the key is pressed and then base it on the player movement and controls to make it more reliable to perform and less likely to happen unexpectedly. Or at least an option for an acrobatics context button.

Bounce bug needs fixing when dropping through platforms too. Boss fights aren't fun when that keeps happening.

Don't climb unless I press up..... Very important. (Edit: Or at least unless I push sideways in the direction of a ledge)

I will be back with more feedback.

I'd be happy to help you layout the controls in a more intuitive manner.

Last edited:
this mod seems to have broken my metorite armor as the set bonus doesn't work anymore, I shoot the space gun but it still uses mana.

I'll be frank, the controls somewhat confuse me. I think it's me being dumb, but I want to ask anyway. So as I'm tinkering with mods and making sure everything is in order for me and my bud, the whole quick select system seems weird to me. For one, the Copper Sword that I spawned with was stuck as my main item in slot 12 of the hot-bar and I couldn't change to anything else. Must've been a bug, because when I quit and reopen, I could switch slots fine

Secondly, I don't understand how to select items. Like I had to spawn in a Stardust Dragon Staff to protect me while messing around with stuff, and the copper sword were both in that. Maybe it's a most used system? But then again I spawned a Rocket Launcher to mess around and it's not there? I probably pressed something and can't figure out what.

I also got 2 crash errors when I got clicked out the window (in windowed mode) but I'm not sure that relates to your mode. I think the first one was different from this one I'm about to show, but I was too dumb to take a screenshot. Second one I just got: http://prntscr.com/jdklvo

Otherwise though, this is astonishingly amazing.

this mod seems to have broken my metorite armor as the set bonus doesn't work anymore, I shoot the space gun but it still uses mana.
Right click the space gun it's not broken just different.
[doublepost=1525446216,1525446064][/doublepost]
I'll be frank, the controls somewhat confuse me. I think it's me being dumb, but I want to ask anyway. So as I'm tinkering with mods and making sure everything is in order for me and my bud, the whole quick select system seems weird to me. For one, the Copper Sword that I spawned with was stuck as my main item in slot 12 of the hot-bar and I couldn't change to anything else. Must've been a bug, because when I quit and reopen, I could switch slots fine

Secondly, I don't understand how to select items. Like I had to spawn in a Stardust Dragon Staff to protect me while messing around with stuff, and the copper sword were both in that. Maybe it's a most used system? But then again I spawned a Rocket Launcher to mess around and it's not there? I probably pressed something and can't figure out what.

I also got 2 crash errors when I got clicked out the window (in windowed mode) but I'm not sure that relates to your mode. I think the first one was different from this one I'm about to show, but I was too dumb to take a screenshot. Second one I just got: http://prntscr.com/jdklvo

Otherwise though, this is astonishingly amazing.
Looks like a missing texture. Are your mods installed correctly?
Looking again it could be some sort of object definition file or resource pack.

Could you make this made compatible with item customizer v2.0?

Or how do you disable the player holding the weapon? Just standing there with no weapon like in regular.

Roof Moat.
Heads float.
I took a picture

Attachments

• 20180505131652_1.jpg
    20180505131652_1.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 559
http://prntscr.com/je6mrj

got this error when starting up Terraria today, had to uninstall cause I'm playing with a friend. I'd love to have this mod on while we play, and appreciate the help Homeless but I need a bit more assistance.

Back
Top Bottom