tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. :D
While I'm not a fan of a few of the sound effects, It looks like a very nice mod to play around with.
I'm excited to see what else you do with this.
I was also wondering if Axes will get a buff/change like hammers did?

so i got this error
Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 8.29.17 AM.png

does it mean im out of memory

hey its me again, just got the error again after updating. it happened after using a life crystal again
(im new to the forum so idk if this is how you post it, feel free to correct me)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayers()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

edit1: ill try it with vanilla player rendering, ill tell you all how it goes
edit2: yea it crashed

Last edited:
hey its me again, just got the error again after updating. it happened after using a life crystal again
(im new to the forum so idk if this is how you post it, feel free to correct me)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayers()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

edit1: ill try it with vanilla player rendering, ill tell you all how it goes
edit2: yea it crashed
Yup, looks like spirit compatibility still wasn't fixed.

I would LOVE!!! if this mod ..well modded grappling hooks. Like if it makes it simmilar to that of the overword trailers. that would be f-ing cool with this mod!!! .

PS: 11/10 would download again

I would LOVE!!! if this mod ..well modded grappling hooks. Like if it makes it simmilar to that of the overword trailers. that would be f-ing cool with this mod!!! .

PS: 11/10 would download again
download joostmod, it adds a swingy hook, its pretty much what you want

I have a problem with hammers, it seems that i can't hammer blocks,
most of the times when i try to hammer blocks my character uses hammer atack.

The mod is amazing, i bet you put some work to make all this possible.

Btw, is there a possibility for blood mechanic as a stand alone mod?

While i see this mod has a lot of potential i ran into a great many of issues that have been bugging me.
Take this all with a grain of salt.

Double jumping before hitting the ground after a long fall is a common strategy to reset one's momentum and thus avoid fall damage.
With the current gravity system in place, it takes greater skill and even more precise timing to do right, which i don't mind.
What i do mind is that when i executed this lil' trick, it didn't work. I took the exact same damage as if i have never even double jumped.
Unless i did miss something in the notes, this seems like a bug in need of purging.

Sword hit-boxes act strange too. Swinging my axe and other melee weapons seem to deal damage to entities before they have reached them.
While that seems like an acceptable change, i don't understand the changes made to the hit-boxes of most melee weaponry.
The Cactus sword in particular seems to have a lot smaller hit-box. My sword literally phases through the enemies i'm trying to hit. It seems like as if melee weaponry only hits on the sides now? Which essentially makes all melee weapons have a short-sword esque feeling, greatly reducing their reliability.

The changes made to the bows don't all stand right either.
Why is there a need for the stun and unload of the charged arrow if you hold your charged arrow for too long? Doesn't make sense, it is another major detail that makes bows far less reliable and harder to use. The system commonly used all around games, where charging and releasing at the right time results in greatly increased damage, while overcharging only has one downside, and that is missing the perfect shot.

Besides these issues i enjoy the mod.
I'm hoping the viewpoint that I've provided will be of help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom