tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Is there a way to get Terraria Overhaul's source code for tModLoader, such that it can be edited and re-compiled by users? (In case context is important, this is about that thing about me not liking how bunny-hopping works in Terraria Overhaul, so I'd like to remove everything related to it.)

Is there a way to get Terraria Overhaul's source code for tModLoader, such that it can be edited and re-compiled by users? (In case context is important, this is about that thing about me not liking how bunny-hopping works in Terraria Overhaul, so I'd like to remove everything related to it.)
No, but there were plans to go open source for a long time. I'm currently rewriting a lot of garbage code and cleaning it up.
[doublepost=1535290727,1535290707][/doublepost]..btw now it'll take me years to read all previous messages I missed here.
[doublepost=1535290783][/doublepost]
Hey so I godamn love this mod, except one thing.

It removes autoswing on weapons that REALLY need it. Superfast weapons just need to have autoswing rather than charge attacks.

Please some sort of feature where you can switch it off either totally if thats easier (bound to be, similar to the grapple mechanic, WHICH IS PHENOMENAL BTW) or if possible for seperate weapons. Since some I love autoswing and some I love being able to charge attack the :red: out of them :D

Thanks I hope you're able to do something!
What weapons for example? I'm pretty sure there's code that should keep autoswing for stuff like digging claw.

No, but there were plans to go open source for a long time. I'm currently rewriting a lot of garbage code and cleaning it up.
[doublepost=1535290727,1535290707][/doublepost]..btw now it'll take me years to read all previous messages I missed here.
What weapons for example? I'm pretty sure there's code that should keep autoswing for stuff like digging claw.

There are no official mods that I've found which makes autoswing available for everything. I've read that there are some unofficial ones, but they've gotten people banned on Steam for cheating, so I'm not taking any chances.

I really think autoswing should be available for every weapon that originally had that ability in the vanilla version, especially ranged ones (staves, arrows, etc). Granted, the charged weapon feature isn't bad, but there really needs to be an option to turn it off because very fast melee attacks are no longer possible. Also, there should be an option to turn off the gun reload feature. And finally, since locking onto enemies doesn't work anymore (even though it shows that you are locked on), using ranged attacks to fight fast moving bosses (The Twins, Skeletron Prime, etc) and enemies is impossible with a controller. Many people, including myself, can't work with WASD & a mouse.

Terrablade and other weapons like that, they have really high attack speeds and getting 3 beams is cool and everything but i much prefer a constant beam WITHOUT getting RSI :D If it was an option to be enabled or not that would be amazing. Per weapon preferably if thats even possible

I have an issue that has gone unresolved. Several other players have had this issue and reported it on your Discord and were ignored. I messaged them privately to find their only work around was to either not use the mod or get someone else to host it.

tModLoaderServer.exe crashes or boot loops in any attempt to start a dedicated server with your mod. The crash logs generate no usable information as to pinpoint the cause. I understand that trying to revolve this issue for a tiny minority is hard when there's not much info to go on other than that. It's not a system specs issue for sure or a game/mod version incompatibility. Could it be an issue with Microsoft Visual C++ or Netframework?

Hey so I godamn love this mod, except one thing.

It removes autoswing on weapons that REALLY need it. Superfast weapons just need to have autoswing rather than charge attacks.

Please some sort of feature where you can switch it off either totally if thats easier (bound to be, similar to the grapple mechanic, WHICH IS PHENOMENAL BTW) or if possible for seperate weapons. Since some I love autoswing and some I love being able to charge attack the :red: out of them :D

Thanks I hope you're able to do something!

If you have not already, whatever you have for alt attack (default is Right Mouse click), hold that down and then hold down the main attack ( default is Left Mouse click). This will call back the vanilla attack as long as you keep the alt attack button down, allowing you to auto-swing should the weapon be capable of it.

I was able to do this with the True Excalibur and a few other weapons.

If you have not already, whatever you have for alt attack (default is Right Mouse click), hold that down and then hold down the main attack ( default is Left Mouse click). This will call back the vanilla attack as long as you keep the alt attack button down, allowing you to auto-swing should the weapon be capable of it.

I never would have thought of using the dual-wield mod that way...OK, you win the internet for the day! Find a way to fix the broken ranged weapon lock-on, and you'll get it for life! :)

Last edited:
LWa0UzM.png

Woah

Oh so I just hold down both clicks and it works as normal??? Thats cool, if it wasnt intended it should be a mechanic :p

This MOD is wonderful, I think the movement of the boom stick is moving.
But this weapon is sad because it is weak in the second half.
I want you to add a super boom stick.

tengo un problema, cuando voy a poner reiniciar al mod, me tira este error

Attachments

• Loading Errors.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 172
This mod Overhaul will work with Calamity without any problems/bugs/errors ? Can i use with Magic Storage, Calamity, Extensible Inventory + mod Helper, No More Tombs, Yet Another Boss Health Bar, Recipe Browser, Boss Checklist, MaxStackPlus ?

Small bug with a couple of items, the molten and obsidian scales which set enemies on fire when they hit you are also setting me on fire (with the fire system disabled due to randomly occurring crashes when it is on)

When you say "99% of the game is moving around" what do you mean? that means all the npc are moving and generating even if i'am not there? same with the storm and things like that?. I ask because the game becomes slower and I wanted to know for that, and when I updated the mod, the spring animation in the trees does not appear, the trees keep on being greens, when earlier they were brown, it wanted to known if you changed it or if it is some error, although not eh spent to another period to see if it works correctly. Oh, and the mod is amazing!

hi, got this crash when creating a world with calamity and overhaul
Índice fuera de los límites de la matriz.
en TerrariaOverhaul.DataCore.SaveBits(Byte bits) en C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\DataCore.cs:línea 73
en TerrariaOverhaul.DataCore.Save() en C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\DataCore.cs:línea 57
en Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.SaveModData()
en Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.Save(String path, Boolean isCloudSave)
en Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime)
en Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
en Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Back
Top Bottom