tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Pleas help. I have been having a nasty glitch with this mod wich makes the backgrounds an absolute eye soar. I have tried re-installing the mod several times and configuring the overhaul setting's sadly nothing has yet worked. I am running mac os.

Edit: The issue has been resolved. The Version of the mod up for grabs on the mod browser is borken, and I would recommend instead of downloading the mod form the browser download it insted from GitHub.
ModBrowser redirects you to that same github link though..?

This mod has really revitalized Terraria for me. Great work. The overhaul made to guns in particular makes them immensely more fun to use.

My only issue is the change made to melee weapons, replacing most of the auto-swing mechanics for charged attacks. The mod settings let me disable the changes to items overall but then I lose the awesome changes made to guns. Is there a way to just revert the charge attack back to auto-swings without losing the changes made to guns? Being able to keep the damage bonus based off of momentum would also be great.

Thanks again.

Hi guys, I'm wondering if this mod changes the ennemy spawn rate on the pillar events? I had a dramatically increased spawn rate on my last run and I'm wondering what may be the cause? I had no battle potion nor blue candles, and anyway the effect was really much stronger (ennemies spawning 50 by 50 or so, litteraly filling up my screen).
Does that comes from this mod? I thought it was AlchemistNPC but VVV101 says his mod doesnt modifies the spawn rates.

Edit: Things are back to normal now, so unless someone know something that may explain this I think it was just a temporary bug. Thanks anyway !

Last edited:
Yo im on mac trynna play this and I can install it just fine, it runs like a dream but the one issue is that its causing all my ranged weapons do only one damage, any way to fix this?

Every weapon only does 1 damage, and I only take 1 damage from enemies. The only thing that doesn't do that are the swords. Is there a way to fix this?

Every weapon only does 1 damage, and I only take 1 damage from enemies. The only thing that doesn't do that are the swords. Is there a way to fix this?
Are you using the tModLoader 0.11 beta or the unofficial 64 bit tModLoader?
I seem to recall that being a bug with one of those, although I'm not certain.

The incompatibility with "[1.3] tModLoader 64 bit (Branch of tML)", because it increases the memory thus allowing to put more MOds and without errors of memory insufficient.

[00:48:50] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.10.1.5ws client
[00:48:50] [1/INFO] [tML]: Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
[00:48:50] [1/INFO] [tML]: Working Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
[00:48:50] [1/INFO] [tML]: Launch Parameters:
[00:49:05] [6/INFO] [Terraria]: JIT loading finished
[00:49:05] [7/INFO] [tML]: Finding Mods...
[00:49:06] [7/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: TerrariaOverhaul
[00:49:06] [7/INFO] [tML]: Instantiating Mods...
[00:49:06] [7/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: TerrariaOverhaul_0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> TerrariaOverhaul_drpc_0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[00:49:06] [7/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: ModLoader
[00:49:08] [7/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: TerrariaOverhaul
[00:49:09] [7/INFO] [TerrariaOverhaul]: Initialized translations with 287 lines.
[00:49:09] [7/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: TerrariaOverhaul_0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> TerrariaOverhaul_MonoMod.RuntimeDetour_0, Version=18.11.10.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[00:49:09] [7/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: TerrariaOverhaul_MonoMod.RuntimeDetour_0, Version=18.11.10.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> TerrariaOverhaul_MonoMod.Utils_0, Version=18.11.10.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[00:49:10] [7/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading TerrariaOverhaul
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.MissingFieldException: Campo não encontrado: 'Terraria.Main.statusText'.
em System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers._PrepareMethod(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, IntPtr* pInstantiation, Int32 cInstantiation)
em MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.DetourRuntimeILPlatform.PrepareMethod(RuntimeMethodHandle handle)
em MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.DetourHelper.Pin[T](T method)
em MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.DetourHelper.GetNativeStart(MethodBase method)
em MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Detour._TopApply()
em MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Detour..ctor(MethodBase from, MethodBase to)
em TerrariaOverhaul.MethodSwapping.MethodSwapper.AddDetoursLoop(Boolean late)
em TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.Load()
em Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__13_0(Mod mod)
em Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(Action`1 loadAction)
em Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load()
em Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load()
[00:49:10] [7/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: TerrariaOverhaul

there is a bug that when you have wings on and have any armor or vanity that shows skin your characters torso becomes invisible except when you are holding a weapon
upload_2019-2-10_11-9-7.png

I don't know if it's some mod's fault, or because of my computer but I wanted to try out this mod, and when I tried to enable it (restart mods etc.) my terraria crashed, leaving me with a log:

Can not load the 'discord-rpc' DLL: The specified module can not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
in drpc.DiscordRP.Initialize (String applicationId, EventHandlers & handlers, Boolean autoRegister, String optionalSteamId)
in TerrariaOverhaul.DRPSystem.Init ()
in TerrariaOverhaul.SystemHooks.Init ()
in TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.Load ()
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load (Object threadContext)

or something like that. Is there a solution to this? I tried re-installing it manually or auto (removing it in-game)

this mod has good ideas and nice gameplay but is has a garbage code..i mean realy realy bad.. 0 optimizing.
If the dev would have some interest in optimizing this mod would be great but yeah maybe this will not happen if he don't get money out of this mod XD

There is a glitch in the mod related to the music. As far as I know, if you disable the enhanced music, the regular music won't play in certain situations. Night time came by and I was waiting for the music to begin playing, but the daytime music just kept going. When I left and came back, the game started playing the music I heard in the main menu. It feels as if night time lost its assigned music track with one of these updates. I don't know if it is just this one or others too, but it would be much appreciated if this could get fixed soon. I love my music.

For those who like Terraria's default music, I can't see this being an issue, but I modded my music long before getting TModLoader to be inspired from other games, so not being able to listen to what I like is a hassle.

this mod has good ideas and nice gameplay but is has a garbage code..i mean realy realy bad.. 0 optimizing.
If the dev would have some interest in optimizing this mod would be great but yeah maybe this will not happen if he don't get money out of this mod XD
...Uh...
You... You do realize that they spent a very large amount of time actually optimizing Terraria's code itself in addition to their own code?
Unless you're either running it alongside a ton of other mods, or on a potato PC, it should run nearly as well (but obviously not as well with all the rendering improvements and complex new systems) as Vanilla.

"You can filter mud as much as you want. It'll still be dirty, unless you filter out the parts that make it mud." -Myself, 2019
Or in this case: You can optimize Overhaul as much as you want. It'll still be slower, unless you remove the parts that make it Overhaul.

TL;DR: this mod adds and changes too much for it to run smoothly on every system that runs Vanilla Terraria fine, unless they were to outright remove a lot of that.
If you want it to run better, you're probably going to have to wait until they release the config update, and disable a lot of the more intensive aspects with the new configs.

If you're going to add custom music that is HD versions of the originals, can you at least make it so that people who want to turn off all the enhanced music won't have the music break on them? I use a custom music pack, so I don't want the extra music features in my Overhaul play through, but the fact that the game breaks the music if you turn off the features is so irritating. Can this get fixed soon please?

I have seen it happen with the Night theme and the Underground theme.

I'm not sure if it's either me being dumb, or if it's actually the mod, but I think Ballistas are effected by the arrow thing. It kinda makes it hard to hit those flying fhecks.

Is the lack of short-hopping a feature? Also is there any way to completely disable the climbing/mantling animation? And does anyone else get a massive amount of lag when switching between biomes, including water?

This mod conflicts me. On one hand, I love its aesthetic and atmospheric features, especially the addition of seasons. But on the other hand, I just couldn't care less about the gameplay changes to make the game harder (it's already hard enough in vanilla), and it's also really buggy, as seen in the above screenshots. (I also have the same Autopause problem, and I kind of really need autopause.)

I'd really appreciate options to just keep the aesthetic changes and ignore the gameplay changes, while also having all those bugs fixed.

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom