tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Hello, Linux player here, I just made this account to report that I am getting absolutely no sound once the loading music ends. Prior to this update I got sound and in-game music but no main menu background music and assumed this was intentional for whatever reason. I tried turning all my other mods off and deleting the associated config directory for this mod from my tmodloader directory but still no dice. I also noted that the noSound option that was just added does not show up either in game or in the generated config json upon changing settings once. I tried adding it as false under the sounds category to see if maybe there was something odd going on which also did not solve the problem.

Could this be a case of inconsistent path casing? On Linux (and OSX) the files 'myFile' and 'myfile' would be two completely different files, for example.

This mod changed Terraria for me and I would really like to play with it :D

hey, why is my server console constantly getting spammed with "playerupdate" messages by this mod? it's really annoying.

This mod looks interesting. I mean a mod that completely changes the fundamentals of Terraria sounds and looks pretty cool, especially since it reminds a lot about DOOM, which is always nice.

Is there any way to disable the "resizing tile array" on world loading function? I use just under the maximum amount of mods my memory can hold and I find that I run out of memory unless terraria overhaul is the only mod loaded.

Haven't been here for a long time, once again.

4.0, and 4.0.1/4.0.2 have been released.
yB1Jyn9.png

4.0 Changelog
4.0.1 & 4.0.2 Changelog
Completely re-imagined combat with auto-reuse, improved visual feedback, and unique gameplay between broadswords, axes & hammers, as well as a colossally impactful critical strike rework, community-voted sleeping feature, compatibility with >=v0.11 and 64-bit tML versions, improved compatibility with other mods' content, plenty of Quality of Life changes, and never-ending amounts of bug fixes and optimizations that were needed so much.

Last edited:
Since the most recent overhaul update I have been getting a lot of errors (Note: I see this errors while in multiplayer)
Mod List: Terraria Overhaul, VeinMiner, Even More Modifiers, AlchemistNPC Lite, Reduced Grinding, WeaponOut, Recipe Browser, Shadows Of Abaddon(SacredTools), Calamity Mod (No Calamity Music), Fargo's Mutant Mod, Base Mod, GRealm, HelpfulNPCs, Ore Seeds, MorePotions, Calamity Mod Music, Boss Checklist, Wing Slot, Boss Expertise, Crystilium, Magic Storage, Yet Another Boss Health Bar, Which Mod Is This From?, Loot Bags, SuperQuickRespawn, Spirit Mod, No More Tombs, Imksuishi's Mod
when going into water in certain places and when I enter the desert and I constantly freeze and sometimes crash:

20190706121238_1.jpg
I also get a issue in magic storage with this error popping up when I go to craft something (It crafts the item but it floods the screen with this text):
20190706122157_1.jpg

Since the most recent overhaul update I have been getting a lot of errors (Note: I see this errors while in multiplayer)
You ran out of memory on the first one. It was supposed to crash the game, not sure why it didn't.
Second one doesn't say much, may not be an overhaul issue.
[doublepost=1562698594,1562698494][/doublepost]
Is there any way to disable the "resizing tile array" on world loading function? I use just under the maximum amount of mods my memory can hold and I find that I run out of memory unless terraria overhaul is the only mod loaded.
Not as of right now. That function should actually lower your memory usage when you're playing on small or medium worlds (vanilla would have large sized world arrays in all cases).
[doublepost=1562698658][/doublepost]
hey, why is my server console constantly getting spammed with "playerupdate" messages by this mod? it's really annoying.
Fixed in 4.0.2, update.

Hello, Linux player here, I just made this account to report that I am getting absolutely no sound once the loading music ends. Prior to this update I got sound and in-game music but no main menu background music and assumed this was intentional for whatever reason. I tried turning all my other mods off and deleting the associated config directory for this mod from my tmodloader directory but still no dice. I also noted that the noSound option that was just added does not show up either in game or in the generated config json upon changing settings once. I tried adding it as false under the sounds category to see if maybe there was something odd going on which also did not solve the problem.

Could this be a case of inconsistent path casing? On Linux (and OSX) the files 'myFile' and 'myfile' would be two completely different files, for example.

This mod changed Terraria for me and I would really like to play with it :D
Someone else reported this too, yes. Can't promise a fix soon, but can you tell me which tML version you're on?

Could you check if it works fine on 0.10.1.5?
[doublepost=1562701483,1562701139][/doublepost]
totally not btw
Yeah, will do. I was just suggesting the paths thing because I have seen that be a problem in a lot of other mods for other games so felt it might be worth suggesting. I'll edit this post with the results when done.

=EDIT=
on tModLoader v0.10.1.5 - Same issues of no sound whatsoever both in main menu and in-game.

Last edited:
I have a strange issue where fire arrows and any projectile or weapon that causes fires won't actually catch anything on fire, torches and the lightning still work though
Mod List: Terraria Overhaul, VeinMiner, Even More Modifiers, AlchemistNPC Lite, Reduced Grinding, WeaponOut, Recipe Browser, Shadows Of Abaddon(SacredTools), Calamity Mod (No Calamity Music), Fargo's Mutant Mod, Base Mod, GRealm, HelpfulNPCs, Ore Seeds, MorePotions, Calamity Mod Music, Boss Checklist, Wing Slot, Boss Expertise, Crystilium, Magic Storage, Yet Another Boss Health Bar, Which Mod Is This From?, Loot Bags, SuperQuickRespawn, Spirit Mod, No More Tombs, Imksuishi's Mod

I have a strange issue where fire arrows and any projectile or weapon that causes fires won't actually catch anything on fire, torches and the lightning still work though
Are the fire projectiles shot by you or by enemies?

The problem with the music in the game, if you turn on overhaul and any mod that has music, background music (from mods) begins to slow down. How to cure?
(problem noted: calamity, endurium, ...)

Back
Top Bottom