tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

hello can you guys help me
overhaul breaks calamity items
the dps ot=r more like damage frames are lowered that some calamity items dropped their dps too low
ex: yharim's crystal is supposed to be blowing massive damage now its almost same as last prism

Hello, I'm having a problem. The + speed modifier on weapons/pickaxe etc. is disappearing, I've searched to see if anyone else is having this problem but can't find anything and afaik I don't think this is intentional (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyways, I have narrowed it down to terraria overhaul.

Basically when you reforge a weapon/tool to a modifier that adds a speed stat, it shows it until you pull it out then the speed disappears. Likewise, when you first start the game you can see the speed stat on the weapon until you equip it, then it disappears again. Everything else seems to be okay though.
Any idea what's causing this or how to fix it? Thanks.

Hello,

Unfortunately my game constantly crashes after 30-40 minutes of game (or sometime less)... turned off every mod one-by-one and unfortunately Terraria Overhaul is guilty!
I Log out the errors - but unfortunately can't find any - overhaul specific - log yet.
In the event viewer there is the crash event, and ofc. the exact exception (at least the type):

Application: Terraria.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException

The other thing is, that I got this silent exception 1-2 minutes before the crash:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Main.PlaySound(Int32 type, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 Style, Single volumeScale, Single pitchOffset)
at TerrariaOverhaul.SoundSystem.UpdateVanillaSoundInstances()
at TerrariaOverhaul.SoundSystem.SoundSystemThreadWork(ThreadController thread)
at TerrariaOverhaul.ThreadController.DefaultThreadUpdate(Object stateInfo) in TerrariaOverhaul\Content\ItemExtensions\DrawPresets\StaffDrawPreset.cs:line 27
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

(this is not happening before every crash... but somehow right now without Overhaul my game works without any ingame crash.)
+1 problem: After disabling the mod there are "white" blocks in my word at random spots... I can easily destroy them but there are many and pretty annoying!

Hello,

Unfortunately my game constantly crashes after 30-40 minutes of game (or sometime less)... turned off every mod one-by-one and unfortunately Terraria Overhaul is guilty!
I Log out the errors - but unfortunately can't find any - overhaul specific - log yet.
In the event viewer there is the crash event, and ofc. the exact exception (at least the type):

Application: Terraria.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException

The other thing is, that I got this silent exception 1-2 minutes before the crash:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Main.PlaySound(Int32 type, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 Style, Single volumeScale, Single pitchOffset)
at TerrariaOverhaul.SoundSystem.UpdateVanillaSoundInstances()
at TerrariaOverhaul.SoundSystem.SoundSystemThreadWork(ThreadController thread)
at TerrariaOverhaul.ThreadController.DefaultThreadUpdate(Object stateInfo) in TerrariaOverhaul\Content\ItemExtensions\DrawPresets\StaffDrawPreset.cs:line 27
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

(this is not happening before every crash... but somehow right now without Overhaul my game works without any ingame crash.)
+1 problem: After disabling the mod there are "white" blocks in my word at random spots... I can easily destroy them but there are many and pretty annoying!
i have same problem but with a slight difference
when i lof on my character on a certain map it opens fine
but when i change my character and change my map(new char and new map) it will pop this error
note i can open all my characters and maps on the first try but when i change any of those it will error
its as if overhaul is too heavy for it to load probably or something like that

please guys help us i dont know what to do everytime i change my character or map i have to restart terraria its like taking 10 mins just to switch character

I know overhaul is on a massive update compared to the previous one but isnt this too much for its own good?

also magic is kinda bugging
whenever i use magic than can be charged up to 3 projectiles it will bug until the projectile is super fast i cannot see it and it no longer damages anyone until the game crashes for some reason

also 1 last thing for the overhaul admins

the day number no longer shows on the chat after a day passes is this OK or is it a bug

when i lof on my character on a certain map it opens fine
but when i change my character and change my map(new char and new map) it will pop this error
note i can open all my characters and maps on the first try but when i change any of those it will error
its as if overhaul is too heavy for it to load probably or something like that

please guys help us i dont know what to do everytime i change my character or map i have to restart terraria its like taking 10 mins just to switch character

I know overhaul is on a massive update compared to the previous one but isnt this too much for its own good?

also magic is kinda bugging
whenever i use magic than can be charged up to 3 projectiles it will bug until the projectile is super fast i cannot see it and it no longer damages anyone until the game crashes for some reason

also 1 last thing for the overhaul admins

the day number no longer shows on the chat after a day passes is this OK or is it a bug

also i already tried disabling all mods
and it only occures when overhaul is enabled

aw i almost forgot
why is the eye of cthulhu unkillable?
it always remains with 1 HP and non stop dropping gores but still attacks and dashes to me
i tried blasting it with tons of weapons but it wont kill it
until the day arrives he leaves, right now if i want to kill eye i have to disable the overhaul and enable it again for continuation
also please dont forget the bug i mention above before this message

I would play this mod more if I had the option of using the textures I have installed instead of being forced to use this mod's textures. I'll probably put this mod with a seperate Terraria folder or something.

4.0.3 has been released.
NaY1jYA.png

> Description, Changelog & Download <
An important bugfix I should've released a long time ago. Sorry for that. It fixes random crashes & freezes, audio missing and texture corruption on linux & mac, and other important shiz.
[doublepost=1564624404,1564624009][/doublepost]
I updated to the latest version last night and tried playing on the multiplayer world I have with a friend, but there were constant crashes every few minutes or so. We're only using Overhaul, no other mods. Are there any logs somewhere that I could attach for further information?
Start the game, play for a minute, **CRASH**. Restart the game, play for a minute, **CRASH**. Check to make sure none of my other mods are interfering, restart the game, play for a minute, **CRASH**.

Over and over and over...I'm just giving up until the next patch.
An update on the linux sound not working: MacOS not working as well.
(I use a macOS High Sierra and it doesen't work)
...most bows that change projectiles shoot normal arrows...
Hello, Unfortunately my game constantly crashes after 30-40 minutes of game (or sometime less)...
All these issues were just finally fixed in the update above.

Just updated to the latest version (I got asked to update in-game), Now my entire map discovery was reset, and every time I discover the map now the bottom half generates like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/6ba7cc6e49a18e1ce0fcbf2d415f40c3.png

Just the map, the actual world is fine. I'm using Thorium mod and Terraria Overhaul.

Is there any way to fix this? Happens on new worlds too.

This does not happen when I deactivate your mod, though it screws up gravity for my char aparently (I walk, jump and fall super snow)

Edit: Sent you a pm :)

Last edited:
Now my entire map discovery was reset, and every time I discover the map now the bottom half generates like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/6ba7cc6e49a18e1ce0fcbf2d415f40c3.png
Funny. However, I'm unable to reproduce it. I'll need you to send me the following:
  • Your world's .wld, .twld from Worlds folder;
  • .plr and .tplr files of a character you used for that world (from Players folder);
  • Directory with that character's name in Players folder;
  • enabled.json from Mods folder, just to be sure;
(Put all that in 1 zip please).

Worlds, Players and Mods directories are in the following OS-dependent directory:
On Windows:
%userprofile%/Documents/My games/Terraria/ModLoader/
On Linux: ~/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/
On Mac: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/ModLoader/

Here's your fix (4.0.4 TEST 2). Let me know if it works well or not.

Seems to work fine! Thanks alot. :)

Edit: Did this version or the last do anything with underground earthquake?

I'm minging in the underworld right now and the earthquakes with this version seem to be MUCH longer and a bit more frequent than on 4.0.2

Last edited:
I'm minging in the underworld right now and the earthquakes with this version seem to be MUCH longer and a bit more frequent than on 4.0.2
It was fixed in 4.0.3, the "shake gradients" on earthquakes were very broken.
Only the following fixes are new in the version you have:
EnbAgcq.png

Here's your fix (4.0.4 TEST 2). Let me know if it works well or not.

Thanks so much for the quick fix! Was having this same issue and this solved it for me as well. Just wanna add, it was strange and jarring getting used to the Vanilla controls again when I was playing with Overhaul disabled. You've really made playing this game so much more comfortable and natural. Thanks again for all the hard work you've done.

So, on 4.0.3 everything worked fine, once I upgraded to 4.0.4 I'm getting an error while loading the mod on game startup.
Code:
[22:14:04] [8/ERROR] [tML]: Wystąpił błąd podczas ładowania TerrariaOverhaul
Wykryto mod dla tModLoader v0.10.1.5
Używasz tModLoader vtModLoader v0.11.3
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Obiekt docelowy wywołania zgłosił wyjątek. ---> System.Exception: Couldn't find method Terraria.ModLoader.ErrorLogger.LogLoadingError(String,Version,Exception,Boolean) to detour it
   w TerrariaOverhaul.MethodSwapping.MethodDetourAttribute.GetSourceMethod(MethodInfo targetMethod, Int32 paramOffset) w TerrariaOverhaul\Content\ItemExtensions\Weapons\SniperRifle.cs:wiersz 26
   w TerrariaOverhaul.MethodSwapping.MethodHookAttribute.Activate(MethodInfo targetMethod)
   w TerrariaOverhaul.MethodSwapping.MethodSwapper.InjectionLoop(InjectionMoment moment) w TerrariaOverhaul\ModEntities\Player\PlayerInput.cs:wiersz 272
   w TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod..ctor() w TerrariaOverhaul\Utilities\Extensions\ExtensionsInternal.cs:wiersz 1633
   --- Koniec śladu stosu wyjątków wewnętrznych ---
   w System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   w System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   w System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   w System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   w System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
   w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<InstantiateMods>b__1(LoadedMod mod)
   w System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   w System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   w System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad, CancellationToken token)
   w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.LoadMods(CancellationToken token)
   w Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
[22:14:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: TerrariaOverhaul

It's saying it was made for version 0.10.1.5 and I have 0.11.3 so I can't use it. Is that just me or is that an actual thing that they have to fix?

Back
Top Bottom