tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

I'm not sure if that's an actual issue or a typo of some sort, but here on the page, it says that the current version is 1.0.0, while in the mod list it says that the version of the mod is 0.9.
Is the version actually 1.0.0 and the name of the mod in the game is a typo or was the wrong version uploaded?

How do you do a Power Swing with swords? I've looked in the controls, and there's nothing there.

I'm not sure if that's an actual issue or a typo of some sort, but here on the page, it says that the current version is 1.0.0, while in the mod list it says that the version of the mod is 0.9.
Is the version actually 1.0.0 and the name of the mod in the game is a typo or was the wrong version uploaded?
Just something i forgot to change in build.txt, no worries

How do you do a Power Swing with swords? I've looked in the controls, and there's nothing there.
Just hold the use button (left mouse)

I just added this mod to a Thorium & Spirit modpack/world and there seems to be a color palate (a rainbow corner) at the top left of my forest trees. I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before.
upload_2017-7-28_12-50-27.png

Do you have any config to enable the invincibility frames and disable position tracking? Also, is there a way to make the trees work like normal? I can't stand having the bases of trees everywhere.

Okay, so the first several minutes of gameplay with the mod utterly amazed me. It's almost everything I can wish from the game itself. I do have a few things I'd ask before I go any further, though.

One, is there a way to disable the screen moving as my cursor does? It's quite frustrating to build like this.
Two, I was experiencing crashing throughout my gameplay including a "Terraria has Stopped working" tab. Should there be a definite reason or fix for this failure, please let me know!

Thanks for the mod, by the way. I'm looking forward in continuing my adventure! :merchanthappy:

Okay, so the first several minutes of gameplay with the mod utterly amazed me. It's almost everything I can wish from the game itself. I do have a few things I'd ask before I go any further, though.

One, is there a way to disable the screen moving as my cursor does? It's quite frustrating to build like this.
Two, I was experiencing crashing throughout my gameplay including a "Terraria has Stopped working" tab. Should there be a definite reason or fix for this failure, please let me know!

Thanks for the mod, by the way. I'm looking forward in continuing my adventure! :merchanthappy:
check "configuration" feature, you just need to set fixedCamera to true.
i'm unsure what that error even might possibly mean, exceptions mean nothing without stacktraces, and you don't even have an exception shown...

Is this the correct place for reporting errors, or is there a repository somewhere? I love the concept and what I have played of it so far, which admittedly isn't much.

Anyway, I just found a crash. Whenever I try to place a bonfire, I get the following popup and then crash.
upload_2017-7-28_12-53-59.png
ATTACH]

When I log back in, the campfire is not there or in my inventory, and the resources used to make it are still there. This only happens when the spirit mod is also installed, so it might be their fault, but I thought I'd mention it.

Trees drop a dirt block when felled (only when more than one block is effected and it plays the felling animation)

Probably intentional but unmentioned: Stone background objects drop 6 stone. The broadsword swing, even if not charged up, will launch you forward a tiny bit and cancel your momentum. The minimap shows your character's head where the camera is, not where the character is. Zombie Eskimos (at least, probably more) seem to get stuck traversing slightly ragged terrain until they get line of sight to you.

Got this error when trying to add Overhaul and Thorium at the same time when Spirit is already loaded. Same error when adding Thorium when both Spirit and Overhaul are already loaded, or adding Spirit with Overhaul and Thorium are loaded. No problems in any other combination, though I did notice that removing one and adding another in the same reload had the same issue. Not all combinations of that are tested currently though, just let me know if that would be useful.

upload_2017-7-28_13-25-9.png

I also crashed once with thorium and spirit also on when trying to save & exit the game. Went to a "Windows has encountered an error" message, I don't know if it actually saved because I only tested campfires on that world, and I cannot reproduce it. Probably a fluke.

Now this one seems to happen randomly after a bit of time, no clue what could be causing it. Now that I'm looking at it, it seems to be the same error message as the campfire placing one. This is with all 3 mods.
upload_2017-7-28_14-14-38.png

Someone already mentioned this I believe, but ropes are very glitchy; It is easier to glitch into a wall than to not, and when aiming at the rope above or below you (straight up or down) causes the sprite to spaz out between the left and right facing inward sprites. That last one unfortunately doesn't show up on screenshots.
upload_2017-7-28_14-41-56.png

And finally, there are some camera/lighting issues when spawning in, where the camera zooms in from the left and shadows aren't applied for a moment, so you can see every block on screen, even underground.

Sorry for the error spam, hope it helps though! This mod looks amazing, thanks for making it!

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-28_12-55-56.png
    upload_2017-7-28_12-55-56.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 332
  • upload_2017-7-28_13-36-51.png
    upload_2017-7-28_13-36-51.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 275
  • upload_2017-7-28_14-42-10.png
    upload_2017-7-28_14-42-10.png
    276 KB · Views: 367
A very minor complaint: Because of the physics in this mod, Climbing Claws and Spike Boots are rendered pretty much useless, as you can't quickly shift your momentum back to the wall you just jumped from. Is this intended to favor the new "Climb Walls" feature?

check "configuration" feature, you just need to set fixedCamera to true.
i'm unsure what that error even might possibly mean, exceptions mean nothing without stacktraces, and you don't even have an exception shown...
Thanks for that.
Also, I've notice that the crash happens whenever I save, including when I try to exit the world.

@Xechon,
Thanks for taking your time reporting.
I'm completely unsure what's that the spirit mod does that makes it crash. I'll have a look at it tommorow.
Loading errors are extremely inadequate and are very hard to fix. To be honest, you shouldn't be reloading mods in the first place. Just enable the ones you want and restart the game. All intentional things you named are really intentional.

btw, you can post this in mod's discord (it's in the first post), that'll make stuff easier.
[doublepost=1501273284,1501273134][/doublepost]
A very minor complaint: Because of the physics in this mod, Climbing Claws and Spike Boots are rendered pretty much useless, as you can't quickly shift your momentum back to the wall you just jumped from. Is this intended to favor the new "Climb Walls" feature?
I'll see what i can do to fix it tommorow.
[doublepost=1501273446][/doublepost]
Do you have any config to enable the invincibility frames and disable position tracking? Also, is there a way to make the trees work like normal? I can't stand having the bases of trees everywhere.
There not being invincibility frames (well, each npc has their own attack delay) is a very important part of all new balance now, so i can't add an options for that. Pretty much the same goes for position saving.
Regarding trees - i'll remove the root's invincibility in next update.

I don't know how to get pictures of the crashes, but the game crashes whenever I place a dirt block or a workbench.

Back
Top Bottom