tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WANTING, THINKING AND LOOKING FOR, FOR A LONG TIME! I'M TRYING VERY HARD TO NOT USE EXAGGERATION SWEARWORDS RIGHT NOW. GENERALLY NO MODS, NOT EVEN IN SKYRIM ACTUALLY ADD NEW ANIMATIONS AND CHANGE GAMEPLAY MECAHNICS. I REALLY NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY NO ONE EVER TRIES TO ADD NEW AI, BEHAVIOR OR ANIMATIONS AND FINDING THIS IS GOLD! THESE TYPE OF MODS ARE REALLY RARE ON EVERY COMMUNITY.

Gore doesn't seem to stay on screen like it should, and I'm not really sure why this happens
Is it because I play with low graphics and such?
Oh, actually, on the json file, I found that bloodStay is set on false, but I'm not sure if it's because of this since I haven't changed anything and the mod description says you can disable it (which wouldn't make much sense if it was already disabled)
I don't want to mess stuff up so I'm asking here

Honestly, from the sound of things, finding out a way to make Overhaul highly customizable would satisfy almost everyone. Easier said than done, of course.

This. I ended up having to get rid of the mod by the time hardmode came around, and really missed the silly gore effects and headstomping.

Done. Successfully completed a Revengence mode Calamity play through with the Terraria Overhaul mod enabled. After you get some wings to negate fall damage and a cross necklace, the game basically goes back to vanilla. All the mod guns don't use mags so they are normal but all mod swords and bows are ruined by the charge up crippling their DPS.
Cross necklace wastes one accessory slot. with no added buffs. (sure, menacing and warding are good, but still don't make up for that accessory slot.)
i quit on this mod because of how hard Boc and skeletron are, boc's minions instakills you and skeletron stunlocks you. beenades are good but you have to kill queen bee to get it...... and her bees instakill once stacked up.
i hope in the future we can get a fix to this and an overhaul (get it) to the sword mechanics.

So this mod is great! Love all the stuff you've changed.

With that said, I have one tiny request (that I did see has been requested before but don't know for sure if it was ever implemented), and also a bug report (bug stopped after disabling your mod so I'm pretty sure it's the TO Mod)!

So the request is, is there anyway to make the trees get fully chopped down by chopping the stump? I know it's a tiny thing, and it's really because I am lazy but I'd love to just be able to chop the stump and have the whole thing fall over. Or maybe the stump stays but the tree begins to regrow? Would practically remove the purpose for acorns but that doesn't seem like a huge deal, or who knows, you can turn them into a throwing weapon!

And the bug, all throwables that were created by YOURSELF, seemed to be unlimited, I created a set of 30 throwing knives, and whenever I threw one, the quantity stayed the same but I still was dealing damage and in fact could still pick up the loose ones resulting in getting more, when my friend crafted some spears from Thorium, the same thing happened, but instead I couldn't pick his up and get unlimited spears, only we were allowed to throw unlimited of what we crafted. Odd and tiny bug, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Anyways love the mod, it really is great! Keep up the sweet work dude.

I tried summoning the old one's army, and after I got to wave 7 of tier 2, the ogre final boss would not spawn. Instead, wave after wave of normal enemies kept pouring out, and the progress bar got stuck at 99%. Oddly, when i approached the left portal, I got kicked back and took damage, and my minions kept lunging at an invisible enemy making ogre noises inside the portal. And even though i could see damage indicators coming out, the invisible ogre would not die. I spent all day and night trying to kill this invisible ogre while keeping the enemies from the right side at bay, until they eventually overran the crystal. I have no other mods installed, and I've never had this happen before in vanilla.
bug.jpg

Here's the screenshot. The scythe projectile seems to inflict damage on the ogre, and you can see me getting hit. I've tried the event twice so far and it's happened both times. I'll give it another shot after this, with tier 2 ballistas and a bunch of summons to keep the crystal safe while I try to determine if the ogre can actually die.

I have a bit of an odd thing going on here, I have used the config command after setting all fire-related effects off, and they act as though they are still on. Which annoys me greatly as this is going to cause a problem for me in the future regarding the jungle.

View attachment 182782Hello,I have problems,what should I do error not know what,and why this error occurs please help me.
Update .NET framework to the latest version - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130
Only the mod creator can fix this. If you REALLY want to play, use the previous version of tModLoader here and try again. (Though, I recommend you wait for the mod to get updated)
Nope, that's not my fault.
[doublepost=1505033930,1505033872][/doublepost]
I have a bit of an odd thing going on here, I have used the config command after setting all fire-related effects off, and they act as though they are still on. Which annoys me greatly as this is going to cause a problem for me in the future regarding the jungle.
Fire effects mean shaders & skies. All fire related annoyances and issues are fixed for the next version.
[doublepost=1505034050][/doublepost]
And the bug, all throwables that were created by YOURSELF, seemed to be unlimited, I created a set of 30 throwing knives, and whenever I threw one, the quantity stayed the same but I still was dealing damage and in fact could still pick up the loose ones resulting in getting more, when my friend crafted some spears from Thorium, the same thing happened, but instead I couldn't pick his up and get unlimited spears, only we were allowed to throw unlimited of what we crafted. Odd and tiny bug, but figured I'd throw it out there.
All this stuff was fixed for the next version an eternity ago, but the update's huge, so that's why the fixes didn't release yet.
(If i actually cared enough to backup my sources i would've released a bugfix only update already)
[doublepost=1505034078][/doublepost]
Gore doesn't seem to stay on screen like it should, and I'm not really sure why this happens
Is it because I play with low graphics and such?
Oh, actually, on the json file, I found that bloodStay is set on false, but I'm not sure if it's because of this since I haven't changed anything and the mod description says you can disable it (which wouldn't make much sense if it was already disabled)
I don't want to mess stuff up so I'm asking here
goreStay is what you want to check on.
[doublepost=1505034227][/doublepost]
THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WANTING, THINKING AND LOOKING FOR, FOR A LONG TIME! I'M TRYING VERY HARD TO NOT USE EXAGGERATION SWEARWORDS RIGHT NOW. GENERALLY NO MODS, NOT EVEN IN SKYRIM ACTUALLY ADD NEW ANIMATIONS AND CHANGE GAMEPLAY MECAHNICS. I REALLY NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY NO ONE EVER TRIES TO ADD NEW AI, BEHAVIOR OR ANIMATIONS AND FINDING THIS IS GOLD! THESE TYPE OF MODS ARE REALLY RARE ON EVERY COMMUNITY.
And after my >5 years wait and release of my own mod some people started trying to implement same features in other mods. wat.

Sorry if my previous post made any confusion, by fire related effects I meant the fire system regarding torches, fire weapons etc.

Update .NET framework to the latest version - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130

Nope, that's not my fault.
[doublepost=1505033930,1505033872][/doublepost]
Fire effects mean shaders & skies. All fire related annoyances and issues are fixed for the next version.
[doublepost=1505034050][/doublepost]
All this stuff was fixed for the next version an eternity ago, but the update's huge, so that's why the fixes didn't release yet.
(If i actually cared enough to backup my sources i would've released a bugfix only update already)
[doublepost=1505034078][/doublepost]
goreStay is what you want to check on.
[doublepost=1505034227][/doublepost]
And after my >5 years wait and release of my own mod some people started trying to implement same features in other mods. wat.
I don't understand sir, who has implemented your same features? I would really like to know and then oppose it.
[doublepost=1505061990][/doublepost]
Ultimate Combat, FNIS, Tk Dodge, tons of mods using FNIS to add custom animation.

If there isn't one which I'm missing already, could you add a way to turn off the changes to the "On Fire" debuff? I find it incredibly obnoxious when all of a sudden I find my self on fire and I'm unable to attack or do anything until it runs out. I also really hate the sound, but I have an easier time dealing with the sound than the effect.

Found a bug involving stick dynamite. When I use it in a multiplayer server it doesn't get consumed. However, the dynamite still explodes. Making for an easy way to hell. I take this is a bug with explosives in general.
I was using 3 stick dynamite if that helps.
known and fixed, update in a week or so
[doublepost=1505083112,1505083092][/doublepost]
If there isn't one which I'm missing already, could you add a way to turn off the changes to the "On Fire" debuff? I find it incredibly obnoxious when all of a sudden I find my self on fire and I'm unable to attack or do anything until it runs out. I also really hate the sound, but I have an easier time dealing with the sound than the effect.
Everything about fire is 10 times less annoying in the next update.
[doublepost=1505083294][/doublepost]
I don't understand sir, who has implemented your same features? I would really like to know and then oppose it.
Dark assasin for some reason had an urge to reimplement charging, his mod is kinda broken though. Someone on tml's discord server was talking about making something similiar. Nothing i care about, just weird that they didn't do it before.
edit: wat? i'm not blaming anyone, don't start flamewars.

Last edited:
Whenever I mouse over a Boomstick in my inventory I get an immediate CTD with this message:
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin()
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.PostDraw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 1438
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

I've tried reinstalling tModLoader already. Other than that I'm not really sure what to try. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom