tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

My Modlist:
Thorium, Spirit and Calamity (The big ones)
Terraria Overhaul
WeaponOut
Yet another boss life bar

About the mod: simply can't believe this exists, the mod is simply amazing! Accurate new and fun mechanics, the gunfire SFX are stunning (as a gun lover, i found Vanilla gunfire SFX pretty disappointing) started a new playthrough willing to be a Mage, but when i found an Undertaker on the hearts...couldn't resist... Keep up with the good work, next month i'll save some money to support your work :)

@Bugs (Don't know if those were posted yet):
-In Multiplayer Servers, it seems like some throwing weapons (Tested with stone throwing spear from Thorium and sticky bombs) aren't being consumed when thrown, furthermore, their sprites start flying around and moving in circles as i move.
-It seems like some modded bows are using Ammunition like guns, i would recommend some "keyword" system with other mods so it can be easier to fix that one.
-WeaponOut still does not show any melee/magic weapon equipped, dunno if i'm doing something wrong or not though.

@Bugs (Don't know if those were posted yet):
-In Multiplayer Servers, it seems like some throwing weapons (Tested with stone throwing spear from Thorium and sticky bombs) aren't being consumed when thrown, furthermore, their sprites start flying around and moving in circles as i move.
-It seems like some modded bows are using Ammunition like guns, i would recommend some "keyword" system with other mods so it can be easier to fix that one.
-WeaponOut still does not show any melee/magic weapon equipped, dunno if i'm doing something wrong or not though.
First 2 are fixed for the next version, the third one isn't a bug, weaponout player rendering will always be overriden by overhaul's.
[doublepost=1505140303,1505140155][/doublepost]
Whenever I mouse over a Boomstick in my inventory I get an immediate CTD with this message:
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin()
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.PostDraw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 1438
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

I've tried reinstalling tModLoader already. Other than that I'm not really sure what to try. Any suggestions?
It's fixed for the next update. I don't think this has anything to do with tooltips though, this was more likely to happen when messing with window size/fullscreen modes.
If you're playing in fullscreen, switching to normal windowed could possibly "temporarily" save you from this.

Hey! Loving the mod so far, but seemingly I have some issues regarding the new rendering system.
I'm on a Mac, running on version 10.7.5. and seemingly the player model is rendered twice? One seems to be the vanilla/weapons out alike render where there are no reloading animations and just below it is the Overhauled one. Tried installing and uninstalling WeaponOut and tried to change to x64 version but nothing seemingly fixes it. Is it because I'm playing on a mac or related to mods?
I'm playing using Hero's Mod, Auto Trash, Mass Grave Remover and Overhauled.
Is there a way to fix this?

From the pictures you can see that in the first one, there's another handgun behind my original one, and in the second one, you can see the very same thing but with the boomstick reload animation.

Thanks in advance!
Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 6.12.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 6.10.45 PM.png

Whenever i use the boomstick, the game crashes, and idk why. so far, its only the boomstick. I disabled the mod to get it in my inventory, but as soon as i activated it and opened the inven, boom.Now i can use it, but cant scroll over it in my inventory. But unlike what was stated earlier, going out of fullscreen dosent help

Last edited:
I really like your mod, so is it okay if I make some tutorial videos on it? With credits, of course!
Sure, no need to ask.
Hey! Loving the mod so far, but seemingly I have some issues regarding the new rendering system.
I'm on a Mac, running on version 10.7.5. and seemingly the player model is rendered twice? One seems to be the vanilla/weapons out alike render where there are no reloading animations and just below it is the Overhauled one. Tried installing and uninstalling WeaponOut and tried to change to x64 version but nothing seemingly fixes it. Is it because I'm playing on a mac or related to mods?
I'm playing using Hero's Mod, Auto Trash, Mass Grave Remover and Overhauled.
Is there a way to fix this?

From the pictures you can see that in the first one, there's another handgun behind my original one, and in the second one, you can see the very same thing but with the boomstick reload animation.

Thanks in advance!
View attachment 183028 View attachment 183029
Seems to be a huge issue with Rartrin's methodswapping not working quite right on macs. Could you join the discord server? I'll try solving this later and i really need testers with mac.

Whenever i use the boomstick, the game crashes, and idk why. so far, its only the boomstick. I disabled the mod to get it in my inventory, but as soon as i activated it and opened the inven, boom.Now i can use it, but cant scroll over it in my inventory. But unlike what was stated earlier, going out of fullscreen dosent help
Sadly i think you'll just have to wait for a new version. This didn't happen for most people, though, might wanna test it without other mods, and just experiment more maybe? There's also a "vanillaplayerrendering" line in the config.

I greatly enjoy the concept of this mod, and some of it is really cool! (climbing, dodge rolls, the idea of fire, etc) But I have some issues with it.

First of all, fire. It's cool! I like the affect of it burning everything. but its way too fast. I logged into my game when i first installed it, just to see how the mod worked. apparently since i have an accessory that makes every attack a fire attack (either that or a had a fire weapon, i forgot) I swung it to see the mod, burning down my entire house. that was fun, especially when theres no way to stop the fire before it destroys the entirety of your house, or you. (that screaming sound is absolutely unbearable, by the way. makes me mad every time I hear it)

Second, I'm having major issues with building tools. Specifically hammers and some modded tools. I know the intention was "if you click on a block with the item, itll use it as a tool. if you click on an enemy or empty block, it will swing as a weapon." Alright, fine. Problem is, some items just straight up don't work because of it. Some are modded and straight up dont work and only attack (Antlion digging claws from calamity) , some are just extremely annoying to use (wooden hammer doesnt work unless you are very very specific in your positioning)
And maybe i'm being nitpicky, but I find it really bothersome when I'm trying to build a house, I miss by accident or have to fend off some zombies, and the damn tool knocks me forward right off of the building I was working on. Early game this is really dang annoying.

Also a quick thing, swimming is, in my opinion, too slow. Even with flippers, it is nearly impossible to do anything underwater. It's understandable, but at the same time, you're basically instantly dead if you get stuck in any water deep with an enemy, which isnt fun.

Kinda long, sorry about that! those are just my first impressions.

Hey! so i've been trying to play this mod for a while now, but it doesn't seem to be working, i have a bunch of other mods such as Calamity and Thorium installed yet i never had any issues with them, but when i download TerrariaOverhaul and reload my mods the game just crashes and gives me this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkqt3eq61gj01zc/error log (combined).txt?dl=0
I have the latest version of TModLoader as well as the latest game version, i just don't know what's wrong..some help would be much appreciated.

Hey! so i've been trying to play this mod for a while now, but it doesn't seem to be working, i have a bunch of other mods such as Calamity and Thorium installed yet i never had any issues with them, but when i download TerrariaOverhaul and reload my mods the game just crashes and gives me this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkqt3eq61gj01zc/error log (combined).txt?dl=0
I have the latest version of TModLoader as well as the latest game version, i just don't know what's wrong..some help would be much appreciated.
Uh oh. Just fixed this dumbness for the next version, which you'll sadly have to wait for.
You can try the following though:
- Deleting TerrariaOverhaul.json from Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/
- Loading the mod without any other mods to see if that magically makes it work or not

Sure, no need to ask.

Seems to be a huge issue with Rartrin's methodswapping not working quite right on macs. Could you join the discord server? I'll try solving this later and i really need testers with mac.

Sadly i think you'll just have to wait for a new version. This didn't happen for most people, though, might wanna test it without other mods, and just experiment more maybe? There's also a "vanillaplayerrendering" line in the config.
I was playing with calamity, thorium, tremor, and spirit, with minor mods in the back, but it still crashes with boomstick and super shotgun. what would i change about the vanilla rendering? {Nvm, i took out some, and it apparently started working normally???

Uh oh. Just fixed this dumbness for the next version, which you'll sadly have to wait for.
You can try the following though:
- Deleting TerrariaOverhaul.json from Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/
- Loading the mod without any other mods to see if that magically makes it work or not
I believe the weapon ai for throwing weapons breaks Yoyo's as when i attempt to use a yoyo from another mod it does not travel very far, neither does the regular wooden yoyo, its a complete departure from the way the yoyo ai worked before and i was wondering if this was planned, a mod conflict bug, or a bug in general.

Edit: or... it might just be that throwing bug? i dunno... gonna reload my world and see if that fixes it.

i found a weird bug when you aim with a gravity potion buff if you aim down the character looks up. pretty anoying

Attachments

• 20170913230124_1.jpg
    20170913230124_1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 214
For whatever reason, the console keeps spamming this.

The path mentions a Windows user "Merser", but that's not my name so I assume it might be what's causing the problem..?
Also, it says (it's barely visible btw) "Press - to toggle this console", but it doesn't do anything.

This popped out of nowhere, reloading the mod does nothing, and the mod seems to work normally otherwise. I also tried to look for the OverhaulMod.cs and try to fix it myself, but I couldn't even find the file.

I found a similar problem
I was bombing a metorite, so i crafted a bunch of sticky bombs and began the demoilition when i realised i had dropped about 20 bombs without loosing a single sticky bomb
[doublepost=1505424432,1505424348][/doublepost]Also, regarding sword projectiles, I suggest do it based on a damage charge (so you must do a certain amount of damage and then alt click to do a projectile attack), and also allow the player to fire sword projectiles through charge attacks

I believe the weapon ai for throwing weapons breaks Yoyo's as when i attempt to use a yoyo from another mod it does not travel very far, neither does the regular wooden yoyo, its a complete departure from the way the yoyo ai worked before and i was wondering if this was planned, a mod conflict bug, or a bug in general.

Edit: or... it might just be that throwing bug? i dunno... gonna reload my world and see if that fixes it.
i found a weird bug when you aim with a gravity potion buff if you aim down the character looks up. pretty anoying
already fixed for the next update
For whatever reason, the console keeps spamming this.

The path mentions a Windows user "Merser", but that's not my name so I assume it might be what's causing the problem..?
Also, it says (it's barely visible btw) "Press - to toggle this console", but it doesn't do anything.

This popped out of nowhere, reloading the mod does nothing, and the mod seems to work normally otherwise. I also tried to look for the OverhaulMod.cs and try to fix it myself, but I couldn't even find the file.
Sadly i wasn't smart enough to backup sources of 1.1.2, so i can't figure out what the error is based on the line.
(The path to the source file is based around the OS it's was generated in, that means mine)
Maybe join the discord server? I may give you a beta to test if it's fixed or not later.
Will the Golden Shower ichor weapon put out fires? huehue
Yup, one guy demanded it.

Is there any way to disable the weapon charging system... but still keep the other overhauls... the weapons got me so frustrated when i go on boss fights... I think it would change the mod... but It's good to know

Back
Top Bottom