tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

@Mirsario Awwh dang.... Well then... My difficulties right? you know them swords, am I right? okay how bout keeping the projectile shooting swords' feature ( e.g. Terrablade, Meowmere, etc.) that was a really hard thing to get used to... HitBox, Does the vanilla based swords have different ranges and hit boxes now? cause it seems to me that it is, its greatly making me frustrated, that slimes will kill me even when i'm on pre-WoF... why was the charging system even implemented? well for a gamer, its unnecessary for me to complain because gamers just play the game, but on the other hand, its completely changing the games mechanics, but still no harm here, i get it, this is part of the mod's concept... but how bout making it a chance to be toggleable like the fire system... No harm meant here

@Mirsario Awwh dang.... Well then... My difficulties right? you know them swords, am I right? okay how bout keeping the projectile shooting swords' feature ( e.g. Terrablade, Meowmere, etc.) that was a really hard thing to get used to... HitBox, Does the vanilla based swords have different ranges and hit boxes now? cause it seems to me that it is, its greatly making me frustrated, that slimes will kill me even when i'm on pre-WoF... why was the charging system even implemented? well for a gamer, its unnecessary for me to complain because gamers just play the game, but on the other hand, its completely changing the games mechanics, but still no harm here, i get it, this is part of the mod's concept... but how bout making it a chance to be toggleable like the fire system... No harm meant here
Those swords do have their projectiles still though, it's just from the power swing and not every swing, and it's mentioned in the main post that they all have raycast swings, which if you didn't understand simply means you have to be aiming at something to hit it, rather than swinging wildly in a ~180 degree arc above and in front of you. I personally like the idea of the melee and thrown weapon charged attack system, I just don't agree with it being on projectile weapons either, and a toggle is something I've seen several people in this thread wanting, myself included.

had an idea for a weapon/ammo addition a rocket launcher that shoots no damage rockets like TF2's rocket jumper as a pre hardmode weapon sold after defeating a boss? then either a unique ammo for rocket jumping from conventional rocket launching weapons or a accessory that can allow the user take no self blast damage

potentially allow the bunny paw frog leg and this new accessory to be combined for a compact accesory maybe even make it so it could be added onto the ankh shield

also can the obsidian skull make you no longer run around when on fire? makes it obnoxious to fight pirates especially when you just finished the WOF fight

EDIT also is the disappearing weapons bug fixed in the new beta version?
EDIT 2 the wizard can destroy your accommodations for him with his fireball attacks
he is currently exiled in my world inside a stone house
EDIT 3 the pirate crossbower banner is marked as using ammo and dissapears when you try to use it

Last edited:
Those swords do have their projectiles still though, it's just from the power swing and not every swing, and it's mentioned in the main post that they all have raycast swings, which if you didn't understand simply means you have to be aiming at something to hit it, rather than swinging wildly in a ~180 degree arc above and in front of you. I personally like the idea of the melee and thrown weapon charged attack system, I just don't agree with it being on projectile weapons either, and a toggle is something I've seen several people in this thread wanting, myself included.

Owh you got me wrong... I know that we have to charge for the projectiles to shoot, what i wanted was to keep the vanilla shooting style... and a toggle of course...

So...i get an error that says "
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulConfig.get_clientside() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulConfig.cs:line 18
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulConfig.PostLoad() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulConfig.cs:line 68
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulConfig.Load() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulConfig.cs:line 49
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulConfig.Initialize() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulConfig.cs:line 43
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.Load() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 475
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)" do you know how to fix this?

I logged in to this forum just to give you a like and a thanks for your mod. I am impressed for your work and I hope more releases because you have talent. There are some bugs but I know you will be able to fix them. I like all the new mechanics and I will adapt to the future gameplay changes that you decide to implement because I am sure those changes will be awesome.

Thanks for your work on this mod it has some serious potential. More so than any others as it breathes new life into this game. I'd love to see this continue to grow, general bugs & visual bugs squashed, and supported in the future so I became a patron. Maybe you already know about these bugs but I just wanted to throw what I noticed out there. Magic daggers are not consuming mana, many armors are not showing their sprites on the arms (looks like I'm sleeveless etc), and while wearing the mermaid vanity set wings clip through the torso while flying. Just a personal opinion, I feel as though the fall speed is a bit too much. Thanks again, I'll try to make a habit of bringing up any issues I notice while playing. Also, what keys do you think are best for reload and roll without changing the default keys for Terraria?

Thanks for your work on this mod it has some serious potential. More so than any others as it breathes new life into this game. I'd love to see this continue to grow, general bugs & visual bugs squashed, and supported in the future so I became a patron. Maybe you already know about these bugs but I just wanted to throw what I noticed out there. Magic daggers are not consuming mana, many armors are not showing their sprites on the arms (looks like I'm sleeveless etc), and while wearing the mermaid vanity set wings clip through the torso while flying. Just a personal opinion, I feel as though the fall speed is a bit too much. Thanks again, I'll try to make a habit of bringing up any issues I notice while playing. Also, what keys do you think are best for reload and roll without changing the default keys for Terraria?
i use my side mouse buttons but if you wanted to you could use f which isnt bound to any thing last i remembered

this mod has catched my attention quickly. its good, first day has been a bit harder since you have to adapt to the new system but otherwise it feels less clunky. my only complain are the player sounds and the camera shaking, i hope you can choose what to deactivate in the next version because the step sounds are a really good inmersive adition to the game.

good job with this mod. now, i have a little suggestion, would it be feasible to make the player used beds or chairs? i mean, taking in account that this mod more or less makes the game into a survival adventure, the only thing missing is giving a resting bonus to the player. i dunno, Minecraft allows the player to use beds to skip to the next morning and Starbound uses beds to replenish the player health when sleeping on them. im not sure if background objects can be used like that in Terraria but it would make sense to add a feature for the player to grant a buff or something if it is possible to sleep on a bed.

This is not a mistake, but when the use of guns, such as Goblin invasion of such an event will block the progress, it seems inconvenient, you can put the gun loaded prompt on the lower left corner of the window?

i dont know how to report this but there seems to be a bug with sticky bombs, when you throw one an after image of it stays floating on screen. it goes out when you scroll to another item but still. i use Thorium along with this mod but i dont think its related to it since its a vanilla item.

oh and, you may want to take the gore out of some enemies, i mean, organic enemies i can get it (could even change the colors for worms or bugs since they tend to have green blood/blue blood) but things like elementals, it doesnt make any sense actually since they are inorganic. this may help optimize performance a bit. not everything has blood inside basically.

EDIT:

i dont know if bombs are supposed to have delay when launching them. if not, well, there's a delay when i tried to launch a bomb underwater. not only i got the after image thing floating around the screen but also, it consumed the item while not doing anything.

just for clarification, i didnt charge the attack at first. i just throwed it with a click like well, like how they work in vanilla. i did a second try charging the attack and it worked fine.

however, i think you may want to fix that. if the other thrown stuff doesnt have a delay when launching them bombs shouldnt either. also, the after image floating around is a visual obstacle that shouldnt be there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom