tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Just received an error message saying that Overhaul is meant for an older version of tModLoader and then recieved this message

10/5/2017 8:27:49 PM
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 startPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Int32& hoveredSnippet, Single maxWidth, Boolean ignoreColors)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringWithShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, String text, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.Utils.DrawBorderString(SpriteBatch sb, String text, Vector2 pos, Color color, Single scale, Single anchorx, Single anchory, Int32 maxCharactersDisplayed)
at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIMessageBox.DrawSelf(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.DrawChildren(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.DrawChildren(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

i've only seen the same bug with sticky bombs. when you throw one, sometimes the item is consumed an nothing happens, other times it doesnt consume but its thrown. sometimes you craft it and the item isnt created or theres an image of it floating around the screen instead of, say, sitting in your hand like the other weapons.

bombfishes and shurikens have worked fine so far. but if its happening to all thrown items then its something serious, it gimps the class as a whole. and bombs are a vital part for spelunking (and cleaning spreading biomes).

I just decided to stop playing this mod for 1 main reason, What's the point on making Some melee based weapons do Throwing damage? i guess i get it for Pre-Hardmode weapons like the enchanted boomerang or the flammarang, but past the Wall of Flesh most of the items become useless! what's the point? if you are gonna change what kind of damage a weapon does then make sure to create some armor that enhances throwing damage! :mad:

it isnt a problem if you use thorium. however, i havent tested if the change makes those weapons get bonused from throwing related stuff. gotta have to research it.

it isnt a problem if you use thorium. however, i havent tested if the change makes those weapons get bonused from throwing related stuff. gotta have to research it.
Despite enjoying Thorium a lot, i don't think it should be required to make the Vampires knives of the Paladin Hammer usefull.

melee has plenty of weapon alternatives but ok.

speaking of weapons. is there a way to disable the screen shake of the Space Gun? its really annoying.

I just decided to stop playing this mod for 1 main reason, What's the point on making Some melee based weapons do Throwing damage? i guess i get it for Pre-Hardmode weapons like the enchanted boomerang or the flammarang, but past the Wall of Flesh most of the items become useless! what's the point? if you are gonna change what kind of damage a weapon does then make sure to create some armor that enhances throwing damage! :mad:
Already changed it back to how it is in vanilla for the next update.

melee has plenty of weapon alternatives but ok.

speaking of weapons. is there a way to disable the screen shake of the Space Gun? its really annoying.
Check "Configuration" spoiler in features.

i know overhaul is quite new so im not sure if this has been brought already but anyways, wanted to report this weird bug i found. i crafted a "Dragon's Breath", a hardmode magic book weapon from Thorium, but overhaul takes it as a throwing weapon instead. tested by disabling the mod and reloading only with thorium, and it was working as expected. im gonna test if other magic weapons suffer the same issue in my run.

it may be related to how the weapon was programmed i think, since it shoots a stream of projectiles that return to the caster. overhaul may be taking this as a sign to declare it as a throwing weapon. gonna add this to the thorium thread too, but this may happen with other weapons from other mods that follow the same mechanic.

hellwing bow + hellfire arrows
try it
you'll like it
O9R80Ly.jpg

i know overhaul is quite new so im not sure if this has been brought already but anyways, wanted to report this weird bug i found. i crafted a "Dragon's Breath", a hardmode magic book weapon from Thorium, but overhaul takes it as a throwing weapon instead. tested by disabling the mod and reloading only with thorium, and it was working as expected. im gonna test if other magic weapons suffer the same issue in my run.

it may be related to how the weapon was programmed i think, since it shoots a stream of projectiles that return to the caster. overhaul may be taking this as a sign to declare it as a throwing weapon. gonna add this to the thorium thread too, but this may happen with other weapons from other mods that follow the same mechanic.
all these issues are fixed for 2.0, just like tons of other stuff.

Long time lurker/inactive forum member here. I dropped in to ask a question of you, Mirsario, but first:
WOW, I love your mod. You've probably heard this a hundred times, but It's incredibly impressive what you have been able to do by reworking the game's mechanics. Friends and I have been playing it, and it really breathes new life into Terraria more than any content mod I've played. That said, I'm quite attached to content mods which add more equipment options to the game, which leads to my question:

I recently installed Thorium and Spirit with tModLoader, and have found that several Thorium bows are operating... like guns (and on a side note, the special abilities of melee weapons such as the Bellerose are not working either). I assume this is probably due to an update to those mods which overwrites the compatibility you added in v1.0.3:

• All bows from mods (Spirit, Calamity, Thorium) now work correctly. Even their alternative firing modes.

If this is the case, I was hoping you might be aware of which versions of those mods are fully compatible with the current public Terraria Overhaul version. After all, as cool as the new weapons are, they're not really all that fun to use without your overhaul affecting their gameplay.

Thanks again for this awesome mod, and sorry for the long-winded post.

is there a way to disable the new melee swing mechanics? that is the only thing making me not want to use this mod

Hello! This mod is a miracle. Just one question: In how many percent is it compatibile with Thorium? What do you think about its compatibility with Crystillium mod? I suggest not adding too much items, because there are many good mods already when it comes to content. How did you change throwing weapons? There is not info on the first page.

Good job and good luck ! You seem to be very involved in it.

is there a way to disable the new melee swing mechanics? that is the only thing making me not want to use this mod
nope
Hello! This mod is a miracle. Just one question: In how many percent is it compatibile with Thorium? What do you think about its compatibility with Crystillium mod? I suggest not adding too much items, because there are many good mods already when it comes to content. How did you change throwing weapons? There is not info on the first page.

Good job and good luck ! You seem to be very involved in it.
I don't know how much compatibility there is with thorium, but it's definitely not perfect in 1.1.2
Shouldn't have any issues with crystillium though. Throwing has just basic power throws.

Back
Top Bottom