tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

so uhh my game somewhy started in summer and my first night had a storm but isnt it supposed to start in spring?

2.0.2 released

Added:
- Overhaul will now inform kRPG users that there's a community-made kRPG patch for overhaul compatibility.
- Added "logEverything" setting to config .json, linux builds will no longer log everything just because they're linux builds (increasing performance).

Changes:
- Blizzard will now always have underground ice music.
- Modified recommended controls a bit.
- Bees no longer spawn in snow and desert biomes.

Fixes:
- Removed a lot of debug logging i accidentally left in. That heavily improved performance. iamsryplsduntkilmi
- Fixed main menu seasons again. Jesus.
- Falling trees should now always be synchronized, as they're now sent over network completely.
- Fixed a silently caught exception in evil biomes.
- Fixed one of thousands alttab crashes.
- Bone break sounds should no longer play for non local clients. Yes, i'm lazy to fix the only issue with them.
- Fixed players not being able to pickup hearts when their health is modified by mods like Leveled.
- Fixed bunny gore having white fur when it's not winter.
- Fixed seasonal textures sometimes not loading in.

can smbdy explain me that :red:?
The issue is that you can't read and didn't install .net framework 4.6.
[doublepost=1516038132,1516038035][/doublepost]
so uhh my game somewhy started in summer and my first night had a storm but isnt it supposed to start in spring?
Yeah, it's supposed to be spring. Hopefully i just fixed it in 2.0.2. Recreate your world with it if you're not too far in.

Uuuh...I can't download the mod actually ._.
You were trying to download it while i was uploading a new version. Try now.
[doublepost=1516039665,1516039584][/doublepost]
Very much appreciated, waiting for the debug-free version then. Overhaul is one of the only reasons why me and my little family here went in the Terraria-venture again. Sure other mods as well, but the overhaul made it so much more different then vanilla, sadly none of us here has a machine that can handle a forest on fire without loosing the ability to play .. haha .. thus we had to deactivate the fire system, other then that, respect for the great mod/overhaul and keep up the coding. Thanks.
RIP my frames after the update went from having 60 fps to 1-2 fps ;-;
2.0.2 released. It all should be fixed now.

Umm, With v2.0.2 When in multiplayer, I can't seem to cut down any stumps at all. After reloading the world, the stumps break. I've tested with no mods loaded, and only The overhaul loaded. It only happened when the overhaul was loaded.

Umm, With v2.0.2 When in multiplayer, I can't seem to cut down any stumps at all. After reloading the world, the stumps break. I've tested with no mods loaded, and only The overhaul loaded. It only happened when the overhaul was loaded.
Looks like i'm gonna post bugfixes every day til the end of my life.

Looks like i'm gonna post bugfixes every day til the end of my life.

Gotta love coding right? :)

I mentioned it yesterday while trying to help the other dude but Just to add to the pile there's a slight incompatibility with the Vending Machines mod. The mod adds a sword that only kills NPC's but with Overhaul on that sword doesn't damage NPC's. Actually had to copy my world file and disable overhaul to kill the NPC's I wanted to turn into Vending Machines.

I don't really know if there's anything you can do about it though because I'm not entirely sure why you would have your own kind of FoF system for weapons to begin with.

Speaking of Bee hives spawning in weird places. Any way you could make them not spawn if it's a player placed back wall?

I swear I need a bee keepers suit every time I go into my greenhouse or my bedroom.

Last edited:
Hello, is there any way to turn off the bow mechanic (without diabling the mod)? So that they autofire again.

I can appreciate the concept but so far it's been quite underwhelming in practice and guns have turned into the go-to ranged weapon.

Hey, when you generate a world this mod and the Antiaris mod, the guide house in the Antiaris mod doesn't appear right. But it's only the guide house, not any other buildings. It's kinda weird. Could you try and fix it?

Happy to be able to say that the problem i had is resolved and with the addition of the new functions i am very pleased. Great work.

If i may ask though, may anyone else have encountered the following situation:
World created and a tree stands with a stump of 2 blocks wide on top of 2 different bioms, snow and glacial, when i tried to fell it (as it may be related to the tree change in overhaul i ask here), the game crashes. I tried 3 times and then left the tree alone, just a minor thing, maybe super rare, but for world-shaping it is a bit annoying still .. ;)

Thanks again, and keep up overhauling terraria, as it can never be to less replay-ability XD

Is there any way to turn weather effects like extra water and evaporation off? I know it's one of the key features of spring, summer, and fall, but it makes fishing pretty annoying, specifically for surface and skylakes, as skylakes almost always entirely empty. Sorry if this was asked or if there's a setting I missed, I just didn't see anything about it.

Last edited:
Mirsario, if I can make one suggestion you take to heart today it is this. DO NOT :red: WITH PEOPLES KEYBINDINGS... That is akin to taking Liam Neesons family hostage.

Last edited:
ugh ty
The issue is that you can't read and didn't install .net framework 4.6.
[doublepost=1516038132,1516038035][/doublepost]
Yeah, it's supposed to be spring. Hopefully i just fixed it in 2.0.2. Recreate your world with it if you're not too far in.

Hello. I'm having an issue with trees. I see a lot of people have issues with chopping down a tree but my issue is when I do chop down a tree it leaves the stump, so I go onto to chop the stump down and it gives me wood but the sprite of the tree stays there and I can no longer continue to chop it. It begins to chop; with cracks forming, but then after a certain amount of cracks form it just resets back to having no cracks. I'm unable to build where the stump is and the only way to fix it; make the stump go away, is to reset the game which is obviously really annoying to do everytime I chop down trees.

Also sometimes I'll crash completely when I go to chop down a tree. There is no log that pops up or anything it just completely freezes and then crashes.

Other mods I'm using if its needed;
chads furniture
elements awoken
magic storage
nomoretombs
spirit
thorium

and I'm using the latest tmodloader 10.1.1

Hello. I'm having an issue with trees. I see a lot of people have issues with chopping down a tree but my issue is when I do chop down a tree it leaves the stump, so I go onto to chop the stump down and it gives me wood but the sprite of the tree stays there and I can no longer continue to chop it. It begins to chop; with cracks forming, but then after a certain amount of cracks form it just resets back to having no cracks. I'm unable to build where the stump is and the only way to fix it; make the stump go away, is to reset the game which is obviously really annoying to do everytime I chop down trees.

Also sometimes I'll crash completely when I go to chop down a tree. There is no log that pops up or anything it just completely freezes and then crashes.

Other mods I'm using if its needed;
chads furniture
elements awoken
magic storage
nomoretombs
spirit
thorium

and I'm using the latest tmodloader 10.1.1
Known issue (can't update known issues on the forum so quickly, have to do it in ~3 places already), will try to fix asap. Hopefully this is only in multiplayer.

2.0.2 released

Added:
- Overhaul will now inform kRPG users that there's a community-made kRPG patch for overhaul compatibility.
- Added "logEverything" setting to config .json, linux builds will no longer log everything just because they're linux builds (increasing performance).

Changes:
- Blizzard will now always have underground ice music.
- Modified recommended controls a bit.
- Bees no longer spawn in snow and desert biomes.

Fixes:
- Removed a lot of debug logging i accidentally left in. That heavily improved performance. iamsryplsduntkilmi
- Fixed main menu seasons again. Jesus.
- Falling trees should now always be synchronized, as they're now sent over network completely.
- Fixed a silently caught exception in evil biomes.
- Fixed one of thousands alttab crashes.
- Bone break sounds should no longer play for non local clients. Yes, i'm lazy to fix the only issue with them.
- Fixed players not being able to pickup hearts when their health is modified by mods like Leveled.
- Fixed bunny gore having white fur when it's not winter.
- Fixed seasonal textures sometimes not loading in.

Hey Misario...:)
Ever since i updated to 2.0.1 the following errors happened to me when entering a previous world that had the mod enabled :
15/1/2018 7:22:20 PM
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 startPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Int32& hoveredSnippet, Single maxWidth, Boolean ignoreColors)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringWithShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, String text, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.Utils.DrawBorderString(SpriteBatch sb, String text, Vector2 pos, Color color, Single scale, Single anchorx, Single anchory, Int32 maxCharactersDisplayed)
at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIMessageBox.DrawSelf(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.DrawChildren(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

15/1/2018 7:31:12 PM
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.String.InternalSplitKeepEmptyEntries(Int32[] sepList, Int32[] lengthList, Int32 numReplaces, Int32 count)
at System.String.SplitInternal(Char[] separator, Int32 count, StringSplitOptions options)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Int32& hoveredSnippet, Single maxWidth, Boolean ignoreColors)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringWithShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, String text, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.Utils.DrawBorderString(SpriteBatch sb, String text, Vector2 pos, Color color, Single scale, Single anchorx, Single anchory, Int32 maxCharactersDisplayed)
at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIMessageBox.DrawSelf(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GameTime time)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

16/1/2018 10:45:00 PM
at System.String.Concat(String str0, String str1, String str2)
at System.Diagnostics.StackTrace.ToString(TraceFormat traceFormat)
at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
at System.Exception.GetStackTrace(Boolean needFileInfo)
at System.Exception.get_StackTrace()
at TerrariaOverhaul.Debug.LogException(Exception e) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\Debug.cs:line 69
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.DrawMinorInterface(SpriteBatch sb) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 3879
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.PostDraw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 3705

16/1/2018 10:56:50 PM
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 startPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Single scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)

16/1/2018 11:33:38 PM
to be able to continue playing with the world i had to disable the mod...but it felt very tasteless after using your mod :(
i waited and updated the mod to 2.0.2 to see if it will work but the the loading stops at "97% loading world data"....(you can see the errors of the new version start from 16th of January)i do have to note that it was crashing when i was at the end of autumn but i had thought it was the alt tabbing crashes you said were a bug......
MY MODS:
[
"AlchemistNPC",
"Antiaris",
"Bluemagic",
"BossChecklist",
"BossExpertise",
"CalamityMod",
"Carnation",
"CrystiliumMod",
"ExtraGunGear",
"Fargowiltas",