tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Is this the place to post bug reports? Sometimes when I put items into the repair machine, I get a very long error message. Some items, notably some mod items like the Danger Dual Shot from Thorium, don't even seem to be repair-able. When I put them into the machine, the repair button is clickable but nothing happens. Additionally, nothing shows up on the right side to indicate which materials are required to repair the item.

Can we please change Arkhalis back to having a fast autoswing? As it stands now it's way worse than Enchanted Sword, which is a huge disappointment.

Can we please change Arkhalis back to having a fast autoswing? As it stands now it's way worse than Enchanted Sword, which is a huge disappointment.
i disagree on that one, though i do wish there were some changes on modded weapons such as the fungicide from calamity which is a gun, does not seem to reload for me, but then again its unique to the other weapons.

Is this the place to post bug reports? Sometimes when I put items into the repair machine, I get a very long error message. Some items, notably some mod items like the Danger Dual Shot from Thorium, don't even seem to be repair-able. When I put them into the machine, the repair button is clickable but nothing happens. Additionally, nothing shows up on the right side to indicate which materials are required to repair the item.

As a followup to this, here's the screenshot of the error:

CEAE6D09122118986DE854DB9998ED32456FC0FA

The mod is somewhat unplayable with this because I would have to recraft any item I want to use after a while..

well you could just deactivate the repair thing before the playthru

The thing is, I LOVE the durability mechanic. I really want to use it. I hope this is an issue that can be fixed..

EDIT: I just disabled everything except Thorium and Overhaul. I still get the same error. Is there a way to officially report this as a bug?

Last edited:
Hi, I just wanted to report a multiplayer bug-

Trees fall over and the stumps remain, however you can't mine them to remove them. Single player works fine, just in multiplayer!

cheers!

I made this account moments ago. I needed to thank the person that put time and effort into this beautiful mod. These additions should've been vanilla. So for all all your effort spent, thank you.
Like pedguin said, if an update were to suddenly come out showing all this stuff, players wouldn't be able to get used to the controls until after a while of gameplay. Although this mod is good, it is a bit hard to control. But the dev put alot of effort into this mod so congrats. Very nice mod indeed
[doublepost=1516921356,1516920905][/doublepost]
I didn't test it with other mods too much, but most stuff should work fine, and i'm all for cross compatibility.
I assume with all the custom changes to weapons that it's not compatible with any other big content mods? Unless I didn't read if it was / wasn't somewhere. If not is there any plan to try add compatibility to other mods?
I'd say huge mods like Super Terraria World and Antatis (sorry if i spelt that wrong) wouldn't be compatible with this mod

Trees fall over and the stumps remain, however you can't mine them to remove them. Single player works fine, just in multiplayer!

cheers!
Fixing this issue for you, are you using an axe or pickaxe. Because modded or not axes are needed to break stumps.
All types of platforms can catch fire-
Huh. I think the reason is that the game only counts all blocks as one. I'm guessing the dev forgot to make certain blocks seperate and platforms got mixed in. Thats my guess
Trying to help the dev finish up some bugs and not make it waste time reading this
Your welcome

Hey, I'm having a problem trying to run this mod, where it just has an error and turns off the mod. No other mods are enabled.

TModLoader Version: 0.10.1.1
.NET Framework: 4.6.2 (Yes, I checked.)
Failed to resolve Terraria.GameInput.InputMode
at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.GetConstantType(TypeReference constant_type, Object constant)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddConstant(IConstantProvider owner, TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddParameter(UInt16 sequence, ParameterDefinition parameter, ParamTable table)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddParameters(MethodDefinition method)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddMethod(MethodDefinition method)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddMethods(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddType(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddTypeDefs()
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.BuildTypes()
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.BuildModule()
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.<>c.<BuildMetadata>b__1_0(MetadataBuilder builder, MetadataReader _)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.BuildMetadata(ModuleDefinition module, MetadataBuilder metadata)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)
I'm also running Windows 7 x64.

EDIT:
The error is still occuring, with no change in the error. Hoping there is a fix for this

EDIT2: Any info on why this could be happening/what the fix is for this?

Last edited:
Are there any plans to release certain aspects of this mod separately? I'd love to have the new hook physics by itself!

So daedalus must be bugged or something else - it behaves just like any other bow.
Some vanity items (eg. halo) are certainly bugged since they arent displayed at all (some are displayed though when on minecart).
Also some work on capes, maybe? They just look and feel dull.

Fixing this issue for you, are you using an axe or pickaxe. Because modded or not axes are needed to break stumps.
Having the same problem. I used the axe like normal but the tree stumps cannot be removed. (They drop wood but do not disappear unless the server is reloaded)
When you remove the "tree falling animation" in the overhaul options, the entire tree cannot be removed instead.

2.0.3 released

Added:
  • Added 2 remix tracks (Eye of Cthulhu and Chaos Elemental) from DM DOKURO, ayyyyyyyyyy. AFAIK he was planning to update them at some point, but i'm too impatient.
  • Updated Kirbyrocket's Boss 1 remix with sexier guitars.
  • Added new awesome zombie sprites from Haxx.
  • Players now turn into zombies when killed by them. BRAINS!
  • Added and improved more error checks and explanations. For people who aren't very smart.
  • Sound for Skeletron Prime's cannon.
  • Many items like gel and wood will now float in water.
  • New spring sprites for ebonstone, crimstone and evil bushes.
  • Crimson ligaments now die in spring.
Changes:
  • Cleaned up a lot of code. This doesn't change anything. Just want to note that i did it. Yes.
  • Evil biomes' atmosphere is now much "lighter" in spring.
  • Rebalanced bows and fixed some issues related to them. Severely increased bows' charge speed.
  • Enhanced camera's behaviour when using Rod of Discord.
  • Finalized all music tracks' volume.
  • It can now be HOT in jungle in summer and spring.
  • Reduced volume of remix tracks.
  • Armed zombies no longer can jump at you.
  • Increased Goblin Repair Kit's cost to 3 gold.
  • Female zombies now have higher pitched growls.
  • Severely nerfed daedalus stormbow again. Yet it's still overpowered. HOW.
  • Finally fixed items requiring hardmode repair kits while still in pre-hardmode.
  • Changed queen bee natural spawn message.
  • Bees now have a delay for spawning when you cut flowers. Also lowered the chance of spawn for spring.
  • Now 2 queen bees may spawn instead of 1 when in hardmode.
Fixes:
  • Fixed random MP crashes related to trees.
  • Fixed server configurations not being properly sent to clients until the next day. They're sent every second now, as it's just 5 bytes.
  • Fixed seasons not always being synced immediatelly as you join a server.
  • Fixed very, VERY rare crashes on startup.
  • Fixed exception spam when trying to repair some items from mods.
  • Fixed camera jumping when using Rod of Discord and teleportation related items, like Onsoku Katana from WeaponOut.
  • Fixed WeaponOut fists rendering. The player's head will no longer rotate when you use them, though.
  • Fixed error explanations not working sometimes.
  • Fixed Daedalus Stormbow acting like a normal bow.
  • Fixed some small issues with fire synchronization.
  • Fixed onyx blaster looking like it still uses normal bullets.
  • Adjusted handgun's muzzleflash offset.
  • Fixed a bug that'd cause you to hear wolf howls at first day even though it's not gonna be a full moon.
  • Fixed an issue with world loading where in summer hurricanes sometimes would become normal rains and vice versa.
  • Fixed some null ref exception error spam in multiplayer.

Known issues:
  • There MAY be a really weird issue on linux. The mod only works if you reload mods. So when you launch the game you should hold LShift to skip mod load and then go to mods and press reload mods. Working on a fix.
  • Player zombie sync isn't flawless.
  • Alt tab/fullscreen toggle issues are STILLLLLL a thingg. I have *almost* no clue as of right now how i could fix them. PRAY.

Just wondering if this is being looked into? Here's a clearer image of the error:

https://imgur.com/a/eIVQz
Having the same problem. I used the axe like normal but the tree stumps cannot be removed. (They drop wood but do not disappear unless the server is reloaded)
When you remove the "tree falling animation" in the overhaul options, the entire tree cannot be removed instead.
So daedalus must be bugged or something else - it behaves just like any other bow.

cheers!
The thing is, I LOVE the durability mechanic. I really want to use it. I hope this is an issue that can be fixed..

EDIT: I just disabled everything except Thorium and Overhaul. I still get the same error. Is there a way to officially report this as a bug?
I'm already killed all pre-hardmode bosses, but he sells primitive repair kit. Is he sells it in hardmode? If he is, it's strange to found items and fix them in hardmode, where they are almost useless.
Hello guys. i starting to like to mod, but having some big issues with crashing in multiplayer with my friend.
is me, or the female chestplate is the male chestplate?
so uhh my game somewhy started in summer and my first night had a storm but isnt it supposed to start in spring?
Hello. I'm having an issue with trees.
all of that should be fixed my dudesgalspeoples

now i'm gonna go nap for 30 hours

2 issues while playing that i'd wish take attention:
1) when swinning a melee, you slightly move forward - why it's made so? don't remember it to be same in vanila. anyways it make trouble with often falling from cliffs when trying to defend from say bats, and it's even worse with "self-moving" on ice = currently each time i use melee i have to push back like crazy
That's not a bug. The mod adds a new melee system: For more damage, you want to move faster, so run at the enemies and click. It automatically pushes you towards your cursor for reasons I don't know.

all of that should be fixed my dudesgalspeoples

now i'm gonna go nap for 30 hours

Awesome!

Also, I'm SO happy you decided to improve bows. I was thinking the entire time that bows were just objectively inferior to guns because of the charge required to make them do anything useful. I'm *still* not really sure if the charge up mechanic works in Terraria (a very fast paced game compared to Starbound, for example), but I'll play with it and see how it goes. :)

Back
Top Bottom