tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

IIRC someone had that issue, but only with "The Enigma Mod" installed. Can't even guess what they poopcoded there.
i dont even have that mod, and i have used about every other mod in my modpack with overhaul, and just from watching a youtube video involving overhaul, i could tell i am not the only one who is having this kind of issue, plus i found my character was able to phase thru blocks like what that video featured, its most likely something to due with overhaul due to overhaul being the only one that caused the character to climb up blocks but not walls, see if this is a mod conflict or something else by seeing if the same issue happends, just in case.

Absolutely amazing mod and a must-have for me now (<3 bunny hopping in any game)!

One thing I've noticed is that there is an issue with accessory social slot rendering (sorry if this is known, I searched but didn't find anything specifically related to it). The primary example I've found relates to wearing the Angel Halo... it won't show up *unless* I'm on a mount or on the character selection screen. Other social accessories that aren't attached to the head seem to work fine, but that one is a no-go... I assume others that are shown in that spot have the same issue. I'm guessing it's because of the changes to the rendering, particularly in relation to head tracking. Is this something that can be fixed with custom sprites (like non-vanilla armors), or is it something that the rendering code will have to handle?

Either way, huge thank you for this mod. It has completely revitalized Terraria for me and has really blown my mind to how much I missed skill-based movement physics (and everything else this mod has).

Absolutely amazing mod and a must-have for me now (<3 bunny hopping in any game)!

One thing I've noticed is that there is an issue with accessory social slot rendering (sorry if this is known, I searched but didn't find anything specifically related to it). The primary example I've found relates to wearing the Angel Halo... it won't show up *unless* I'm on a mount or on the character selection screen. Other social accessories that aren't attached to the head seem to work fine, but that one is a no-go... I assume others that are shown in that spot have the same issue. I'm guessing it's because of the changes to the rendering, particularly in relation to head tracking. Is this something that can be fixed with custom sprites (like non-vanilla armors), or is it something that the rendering code will have to handle?

Either way, huge thank you for this mod. It has completely revitalized Terraria for me and has really blown my mind to how much I missed skill-based movement physics (and everything else this mod has).
Rendering code is unfinished and may never be. It's unholy crap.

Heh, I figured as much... still not even sure how such wizardry was accomplished to begin with. It's amazing as-is, and the accessory thing is such a minor issue that it doesn't really matter. Just figured I'd mention it in case it wasn't on your radar. Thanks for the reply, and huuuge thanks again for the mod. It is easily the most impressive transformation of a game's core mechanics that I've seen!

I have two questions.

Can making all buildings out of stone bricks be a bad thing in the sense that some natural disaster from overhaul can punish you for doing so?
Does this mod apply gravity to floating structures even to blocks that wouldn't normally fall down?

Last edited:
I have two questions.

Can making all buildings out of stone bricks be a bad thing in the sense that some natural disaster from overhaul can punish you for doing so?
Does this mod apply gravity to floating structures even to blocks that wouldn't normally fall down?
this mod is very much centered on player movement and the only environmental things this mod has is the fire system and when underground, earthquakes would happen. the only bad thing that seems to occur to me when i make a stone structure that has a one block thick ceiling, is the torches catching fire and falling off, taking away the background walls that i got from a painter. so you should be fine with constructing 3 or 4 stone block thick structures or make an underground base.

I'm having no success in using this mod, as the mod always crashes and auto-turns off when I try to use it.

I'm using TModloader v0.10.1.1
Failed to resolve Terraria.GameInput.InputMode
at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve(TypeReference self)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.GetConstantType(TypeReference constant_type, Object constant)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddConstant(IConstantProvider owner, TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddParameter(UInt16 sequence, ParameterDefinition parameter, ParamTable table)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddParameters(MethodDefinition method)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddMethod(MethodDefinition method)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddMethods(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddType(TypeDefinition type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddTypeDefs()
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.BuildTypes()
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.BuildModule()
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.<>c.<BuildMetadata>b__1_0(MetadataBuilder builder, MetadataReader _)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.BuildMetadata(ModuleDefinition module, MetadataBuilder metadata)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.LoadAssemblies()
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)
And i'm running Windows 7 64x with .Net framework v4.6.2

I'm talking about weather patterns this mod does add. I am currently a couple days into Spring and have adapted to the heavy rain and the lightning, but I don't know what Summer, Autumn, and Winter might bring. Winds kick up in summer according to the main post, so could that knock down my stuff?

I'm talking about weather patterns this mod does add. I am currently a couple days into Spring and have adapted to the heavy rain and the lightning, but I don't know what Summer, Autumn, and Winter might bring. Winds kick up in summer according to the main post, so could that knock down my stuff?
it might cause trees and fishes/sharks to fly around in a heavy storm as seen in the 2.0 trailer i guess.. but no clue if that would leave any terrain damage aswell.
i have yet to reach that state

Nope. The wind thing refers to a wind storm event that flings stuff around but they're uniquely spawned NPC entities during that event, not blocks. The actual block impacting stuff is: water will evaporate during summer, water will freeze during winter, water will accumulate when it rains in general, lightning will start fires on logical blocks (grass, wood, etc), lightning will turn sand into glass (only where it strikes), torches and lava (and some spells/minion attacks) will catch logical blocks (grass, wood, etc) on fire, glass can be shot (toggleable in the config)... and I think that's about it. If enough stuff burns and you don't clean up the charred blocks (hit 'em once with a pickaxe, similar to removing grass from a dirt block) you'll end up with a new biome... which might be a bit rough early game, since the mobs have quite a bit of HP.

Outside of fire, your only block-related peril is rain water knocking all your torches off the walls or flooding an area. It's easy enough to counter those situations though, and water doesn't accumulate that fast. Even fire is easy enough to deal with, so long as you keep an extinguish-capable spell on hand and a few lightning rods strategically placed.

Blocks retain their vanilla gravity (no new blocks will fall when unsupported), nothing can be blown over, earthquakes don't shift blocks. Also: the fire stuff has two toggles in the in-game config (one for torches, one for the entire fire system). Personally, I turn off torches starting fires because it was getting really annoying when re-navigating an already explored+torchlit jungle and I'm having a hard enough time keeping that biome pure as it is.

I may have missed something, but that's pretty much the gist of everything block-related. There's obviously a ton of other stuff that seasons and whatnot change, but it doesn't have anything to do with blocks or player structures. I highly recommend going through every in-game option (there are a ton of them) for this mod and tweaking it to your tastes.

Last edited:
If enough stuff burns and you don't clean up the charred blocks (hit 'em once with a pickaxe, similar to removing grass from a dirt block) you'll end up with a new biome... which might be a bit rough early game, since the mobs have quite a bit of HP.
New Biome?

Sort of. It's the "Ash" biome with a new background and slimy ash mobs (can't remember if there is new music), though I'm not sure you'd really consider it a biome-proper. It's not part of worldgen or anything, and only exists when an area has X amount of charred blocks. Pretty quick and easy to revert back to the original state (or prevent entirely), assuming there wasn't an absolutely massive fire.

Sort of. It's the "Ash" biome with a new background and slimy ash mobs (can't remember if there is new music), though I'm not sure you'd really consider it a biome-proper. It's not part of worldgen or anything, and only exists when an area has X amount of charred blocks. Pretty quick and easy to revert back to the original state (or prevent entirely), assuming there wasn't an absolutely massive fire.
unless of course you just spam the area with flaming arrows or the flame thrower

Also, I would like to point out that Charcoal phased through blocks. I was in a chest, accidentally misclicked, dropped it all, and it phased through my house and the earth. This stuff makes torches three at a time so I am pissed.

After further testing, I figured out that if I throw an item from Overhaul like Red Gel or Charcoal, and it is stopped horizontally, it phases through everything. It happens when Overhaul is the only mod enabled too.

Last edited:
i got this error
The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/DMDOKURO_ChaosElemental.mp3 failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.Stream.CopyTo(Stream destination)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WAVCacheIO.CacheMP3(String wavCacheFilename, Byte[] data)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
Please teach me how to fix this or fix this yourself
Thanks

Sounds/Music/DMDOKURO_ChaosElemental.mp3 failed to load
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
-Snipped a bunch-
I believe that indicates that you are trying to load too many mods, and, or, you do not have enough RAM allocated.

Anyways, I have my own problem to report, full log:

at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.GetConstantType(TypeReference constant_type, Object constant)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddConstant(IConstantProvider owner, TypeReference type)
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddParameter(UInt16 sequence, ParameterDefinition parameter, ParamTable table)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.<>c.<BuildMetadata>b__1_0(MetadataBuilder builder, MetadataReader _)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.BuildMetadata(ModuleDefinition module, MetadataBuilder metadata)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)
at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.LoadedMod.EncapsulateReferences(Byte[] code)

Anyways, I have my own problem to report, full log:

This is the exact same problem i'm having, too.

Back
Top Bottom