tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Nothing odd, mod's assemblies have references to "Terraria.exe", if it's not found - none of terraria's classes and structs can be loaded.
That makes sense.
Too bad that means I can't rename TerraLoader to "Terraria.exe" and have it work that way, then.

Also, the mod is great so far!

Not sure what i am doing wrong, but i cant craft onyx blaster even i have all things.
Only mod i have is Overhaul 2.0.3
onyx-blaster.png

I don't know if it is me or there seems to be bunch of bugs in the latest update particularly where i can climb on anything that has at least 1 tile and get through walls or the ground

20180210135400_1.jpg

So, supposedly Autumn makes the Corruption/Crimson stronger...What exactly does that mean? I've already noticed the new music and gore, but does it change anything gameplay related? Meaning, are the mobs stronger, more numerous? Do the bosses have a chance to spawn randomly? Or is it just for spookiness?

EDIT: Possible bug report: The "It sees you" debuff isn't inflicted in a corrupted desert.

Last edited:
What's the "It sees you" debuff?

Honestly, no idea. It's automatically applied whenever you enter an evil biome during Autumn, but I don't know anything else about it. I'm guessing that it lowers stats like movement speed or life regen, or maybe it's just to tell you that something's wrong.

In normal Terraria if I press shift and move the cursor to a tile it will automatically select appropriate tools without the need to put in your bar or opening your inventory but in Overhaul it only change manual-automatic mode

Is there a settings to change this? I like to not have to open my inventory everytime I want to build/destroy something.

That makes sense.
Too bad that means I can't rename TerraLoader to "Terraria.exe" and have it work that way, then.

Also, the mod is great so far!
Same issue here, I'm using the Terraria Game Launcher to run tModLoader. It requires you to rename the tModLoader excecutable so that Steam can boot into the Game Launcher(Terraria.exe).

So I enjoy this mod, I actually really love it, having something that drastically changes the way the game is played is refreshing. But I have a few questions that also double as complaints depending on the answers.

Are earthquakes meant to be really common? Because having an earthquake happen every other five minutes is really annoying.
Are items meant to clip through walls in the middle of a summer storm? Because being hit by a flying shark, piranha, or tree is not only annoying but an actual hindrance for early game expert characters. If I was playing a Hardcore character, I'd pretty much just be dead if a flying tree phased through the walls of my house (or the blocks of the underground as I'm mining even).

Honestly, no idea. It's automatically applied whenever you enter an evil biome during Autumn, but I don't know anything else about it. I'm guessing that it lowers stats like movement speed or life regen, or maybe it's just to tell you that something's wrong.
The "It Sees You" debuff is referring to the corruption getting stronger. I went there to grab some vile mushrooms, and after staying for a long time, and killing off enemies, I was greeted with a horrifying surprise. Unprepared characters may not be ready to take this threat on. I would recommend having beat at least Skeletron.

I can only guess what the crimson equivalent is because I haven't seen it first hand.
[doublepost=1518373096,1518372730][/doublepost]Also, I have a question myself, does anyone know any good methods of temperature control?
Winter Freezes water, and Summer evaporates it, and I need a bit in my house for alchemy.

Not too sure about temperature control, but I've been using the following for keeping my in-house pond stocked with water (picture brightened in PS a bit so you can see better):

autolakefill.jpg

It keeps it at the level the water sensor is located all the time by utilizing water duplication techniques and some automation. Super useful, and a really fun entry into practical wiring for myself personally. Takes a few buckets to get started initially, but my ponds are ~ 300 blocks (for fishing) and it filled them in no time, with zero effort on my part after the initial water 'seed'.

The design could be much more compact depending on your needs, but that's the general wiring flow for it. The whole thing is automatic, so you don't need pressure plates, switches, bird engines, or anything similar. Just set it up and you'll never have to manually do anything with it again.

If you want to avoid wiring you could always setup a stair-style duplication method using rain water run off. I had initially designed my base to collect and dupe rain water that way, but that just wasn't reliable enough during dry spells... at least for fishing. For alchemy it'd probably be more than enough to tide you over between seasons.

**EDIT**
Something else to consider: make a sink. I'm not sure of all the details of alchemy (I never bother with it), but if you just need to make bottled water (rather than having access to actual water blocks/buckets) the sink is invaluable as a source of infinite crafting water. I personally prefer ponds over crafting stations, but a sink is definitely a far easier and cheaper solution.

Last edited:
How do you wall jump? I think I did it by accident once, but after spending ten minutes failing to replicate it, I'm not sure if I did it all anymore.

Press the opposite movement direction key at just the right time (i.e. as soon as you hit the wall). So if you're using WASD and jumping at a wall to your right, press "A". It's a little tricky to pull off reliably since it seems to be nearly frame-perfect. Practice against a flat wall without any movement accessories (to minimize unexpected behavior) and you'll get the hang of it.

In normal Terraria if I press shift and move the cursor to a tile it will automatically select appropriate tools without the need to put in your bar or opening your inventory but in Overhaul it only change manual-automatic mode

Is there a settings to change this? I like to not have to open my inventory everytime I want to build/destroy something.
Just re-configure your keybinds.

Back
Top Bottom