tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

So some deserts in real life have variations in temperatures being Hot in the day and Cold in the night. In Overhaul, its only the base over world difference. So shouldn't the desert be Hot at Day, and Cold at Night?

Here's what I'm thinking. In Spring and Autumn, it uses "Hot" at Day (7:30AM - 4:30PM), "Freezing" at Night, and transitions the first three and last three hours of day. Summer brings the Desert up by one climate buff, and Winter beings it down by one climate buff.

So some deserts in real life have variations in temperatures being Hot in the day and Cold in the night. In Overhaul, its only the base over world difference. So shouldn't the desert be Hot at Day, and Cold at Night?

Here's what I'm thinking. In Spring and Autumn, it uses "Hot" at Day (7:30AM - 4:30PM), "Freezing" at Night, and transitions the first three and last three hours of day. Summer brings the Desert up by one climate buff, and Winter beings it down by one climate buff.
it's already so in the next version.

No, that'd require grealm's dev to add some tags to the entities. Which isn't in any means hard, there's even a tutorial.
i asked this because i didn't want it to be so
the regreaser's meant to make things more susceptible to fire
making it put fire out would be counter-intuitive

I'm interested in getting into playing modded terraria, but I'm wondering how should I use these big content mods:
Tremor, Antiaris, Calamity, Spirit Mod, Thorium, Terraria Overhaul.

Should I use these mods together for most content at once or are they best played seperately?
I'd appreciate what the modder recommends to do.
(I'm not familiar with the modding community or the mods enough to know what to do here, please advise.)

I'm interested in getting into playing modded terraria, but I'm wondering how should I use these big content mods:

Should I use these mods together for most content at once or are they best played seperately?
(I'm not familiar with the modding community or the mods enough to know what to do here, please advise.)
1. tremor is crap
2. calamity and thorium don't go well
3. spirit is not great if you're gonna do multiplayer.
so, it's fine if you would want to play with thorium, spirit and antiaris, althought if i were you i would replace spirit with grealm, which is great and has bonus content for when thorium is installed.
definitely save calamity for another playthrough, it's too craycray.

suggestion
make each season 124 days instead
that way it's realistic
and you have a chance to get used to each season

I'm currently doing an expert singleplayer playthrough with Calamity, Spirit, Thorium, and Overhaul after a very long hiatus and having never really played modded content. It's quite enjoyable for my tastes (which are ultra masochistic), though the Calamity content is brutal with Overhaul's changes. The Hive Mind and Slime God bosses will really kick you in the face early on, to say nothing of the hardmode content that goes totally bonkers. If you don't mind a much slower progression and certain bosses that feel out of order (assuming you go off of the Boss Checklist order), this combo is fantastic. Can't really speak to Tremor or Antiaris.

You're almost definitely going to want to use Magic Storage, by the way. There is just way too much stuff to collect to deal with hundreds of chests all over the place... unless you happen to like that side of things, in which case go crazy :) I also recommend (to the point of considering them "must-have"): Recipe Browser and Boss Checklist. Both of those will save you a ton of wiki searching, and make the game far more self-contained. One slight note: Spirit has two events that are not setup to be part of Boss Checklist at the moment, so make sure you look those up if you want to experience them.

2. calamity and thorium don't go well

Out of curiosity, why don't you think Calamity and Thorium go well together? Granted the bosses are all over the place, but I'm a couple hundred hours into this playthrough and I've found Thorium content to be a decent stopgap between Calamity tiers.

Or do you mean neither of those mods go well with Overhaul itself? In which case: I haven't had much of an issue. I mean, it's hard as nails with some of Overhaul's changes, but not impossible. You have to get really, really skilled at shmup-style dodging, but that's something that Overhaul is amazing for due to dodgerolls and bunnyhopping. I think the only thing I've found a bit odd to figure out is the grappling hook stuff, since (some/all?) modded hooks use the vanilla physics... but meh, it's kind of nice to have variety.

Last edited:
I can understand why he'd think Tremor is crap, but I am actually playing with all of those mods installed in my current playthrough. A lot of the items in Tremor are just completely useless because it's all unnecessary mid-game content, but there are a few late-game items that are really fun; even if debatably broken. Which, in my opinion, is actually a requirement for Calamity. Some of the bosses are really difficult, and they're designed specifically to be difficult; but there's little variation in the way you're meant to beat them, all of Calamity's post-ML magic weapons are pretty awful.

Antiaris is pretty neat. Some of it's content is made invalid by Overhaul, such as an item that makes every melee weapon auto swing, but overall it just adds to the experience. Occasionally, there'll be world generation problems with Antiaris and Calamity both running on the same world; but it only seems to happen occasionally, with Calamity's hardcore ice biome destroying Antiaris's buildings depending on where they get generated.

Hey this mod has conflict the weapon out mod. It prevents me from being able to toggle weapon visibility from the weapon out mod
how do you imagine two rendering systems working together? Overhaul completely removes any possibility of enabling weaponout's, like it should.

Hello.
I just got back into the game, and after installing the mod with the latest version of tModLoader, the game gave me a message that the mod was disabled because it detected that it was for version 0.10.1.1. Will it still work correctly? I just want to make sure.

Edit: Here's a picture of the error, and the error log.
Overhaul Error Message.PNG
Code:
Buffer cannot be null.
Parameter name: buffer
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer, Boolean writable)
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer)
   at TerrariaOverhaul.StoredTexture.CheckTexture() in Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 7208
   at TerrariaOverhaul.StoredTexture..ctor(Boolean fromAssets, String path) in Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 7194
   at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.InitEmotes() in Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 693
   at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.Load() in Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 475
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Last edited:
Hello.
I just got back into the game, and after installing the mod with the latest version of tModLoader, the game gave me a message that the mod was disabled because it detected that it was for version 0.10.1.1. Will it still work correctly? I just want to make sure.

Edit: Here's a picture of the error, and the error log.
Code:
Buffer cannot be null.
Parameter name: buffer
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer, Boolean writable)
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer)
   at TerrariaOverhaul.StoredTexture.CheckTexture() in Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 7208
   at TerrariaOverhaul.StoredTexture..ctor(Boolean fromAssets, String path) in Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 7194
   at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.InitEmotes() in Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 693
   at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.Load() in Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 475
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Not yet compatible with tml 0.10.1.2

Thank you Mirsario, Sickboy and Lady Cheyenne Snowfield.

I really appreciate the insight and information, it really helped me understand what's the best way to about playing the mods together or seperately. It also saved me time and frustration, so I'm really grateful for that. :)

Btw I love your Doom mod Mirsario, its really good. Thank you for making it too.

Back
Top Bottom