tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

played for three hours straight - no problems so far. We don't have Calamity installed, though (just Thorium, Spirit, Tremor and GRealm) ;)

What the hell is so scary about winter? Slimes?
I can say that total darkness makes the early game a pain in the a**. Fighting bosses during this time of terrarian year is near impossible without a lucky horseshoe, wings, or a bunch of light sources spanning the entire length of the ground. I tried to kill Skeletron a couple times. Even with a sky bridge the length of an entire large world, every single fight did not end well.

That being said, I don't know if this bug is still present to this day because it's been a while since I played, but I think I noticed a visual bug. During the winter, every block accumulates snow over time. While platforms do this, the snow on them is only visible if you hit them with a hammer to make them platform stairs.

Not sure why people are having issues with the game crashing after a couple minutes, I'm currently using the latest version (2.1.6) with a bunch of major content mods (Calamity, Thorium, GRealm,...) and I' haven't crashed at all, even after playing for multiple hours.

One thing I've wanted to ask for a while now though: this mod includes a couple music remixes but does it also include a remix for the hallow biome? Because if so, then it's about the only remix that can not be turned off via the settings (which is kind of a bummer since it's way too loud IMO)

I have two questions.

The first is, might there be anyone successfully using KRPG mod, specifically the procedural generated weapons, with Overhaul?

The second is, I'd like to do a gunner play through. What mods if any are supported with the Overhaul gun enhancements?

Lil Informations for the Modders: Calamity wont work with the Newest Overhaul, Reason is the Abyss Biome, as far as i understood there is an Entity-ID which wont let me create a new world with the structures and stuff. everytime i try create a world it causes to get stuck at : Abyss, Hell Crag and Structures. so yea, i believe Overhaul is Causing that, i understand that Beta-Mods can Cause Problems, but would be nice if it got fixed :p
you don't need overhaul on for generation

I have two questions.

The first is, might there be anyone successfully using KRPG mod, specifically the procedural generated weapons, with Overhaul?

The second is, I'd like to do a gunner play through. What mods if any are supported with the Overhaul gun enhancements?
kRPG is incompatible
there's no mods with overhauled guns yet afaik, but that was planned for Antiaris and Calamity. Keep pinging their devs.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE APRIL FOOLS UPDATE :mad::confused:
Game crashes every 5 minutes
Terrible April Fools update. Crashes the game and corrupted my world, days of progress gone.
"game crashes" doesn't carry any information about why it'd crash. Send logs.
That April-Fools Update (2.1.6) is such an re+arded update, i cant even put down the music... you know, thats not funny, thats annoying! It also Crashes the Game after 5-8 min. so yea, defiently NOT funny!!!
What i wrote above + you don't look very smart.

you don't need overhaul on for generation

kRPG is incompatible
there's no mods with overhauled guns yet afaik, but that was planned for Antiaris and Calamity. Keep pinging their devs.

"game crashes" doesn't carry any information about why it'd crash. Send logs.

What i wrote above + you don't look very smart.
Never mind, it works well now

One question, the potion that gives you at the beginning of the game that makes the gameplay more difficult, as it is called? since I try to get it reinstalling the game again but it still does not work

@Mirsario

Darn! Thank you for clearing that up for me. I appreciate it.

One more question, for anyone, how do you do the back flip off of walls? I randomly do it, but can't do it when I want to. Thank you.

Also.....I hate Overhaul.

Now that I played Terraria with it....I can't play without it. >_<

Also.....THE BEES!!! AAAH!

Last edited:
Separate issue. Well, sort of. Along the line of THE BEES! AAAH!

Is there any way you would consider lowering the number and frequency of bee hive spawns, please? My entire map looks like the following.

Capture 2018-04-04 18_27_41.png

So this is probably an unrelated issue with other mods or something, but when I have Terraria Overhaul enabled, enemies and NPCs can "pick up" my items that are on the ground, and if I kill them I don't get them back. Is there any way to turn that off? I love every single other thing about this, but that ruins a core concept of getting materials for items

So this is probably an unrelated issue with other mods or something, but when I have Terraria Overhaul enabled, enemies and NPCs can "pick up" my items that are on the ground, and if I kill them I don't get them back. Is there any way to turn that off? I love every single other thing about this, but that ruins a core concept of getting materials for items

What other mods are you running? Perhaps if you're running different mods from myself, we can single out the issue?

What other mods are you running? Perhaps if you're running different mods from myself, we can single out the issue?

The big ones really are, Calamity, Thorium, and Fargo's, and then a couple smaller ones, Magic Storage and Recipe browser.

The big ones really are, Calamity, Thorium, and Fargo's, and then a couple smaller ones, Magic Storage and Recipe browser.

I'm using all those mods as well, excluding Thorium. You could try unloading Thorium and see what happens. Mirsario stated that he did a big play through with Thorium and it worked fine though. So, I'd suspect fault with one of those smaller mods.

So....

Here I am....just building a neat little living wood tree house kind of thing for my druid and then this happens....

lol, Overhaul. You cruel mistress.

Capture 2018-04-05 04_16_57.png

Damn, i like this mod a lot for its features but the wolves/monsters spawning in my base and killing npcs is far too annoying for me
Too bad

God damn wolves

I'm playing Overhaul with calamity, thorium and other mods, and some of the thorium and calamity monsters sprites are only half shown.
If someone else already had this problem and it has been solved, please tell me how.
Screenshot:
Terraria Overhaul_ Janitor simulator 4_6_2018 2_55_46 PM.png

Any ways to tone down the rain or thunder abit? :3 or at least something that could make it strike elsewhere? xD
Because it seem like the saying of 'lightning never strikesthe same place twice' doesn't to apply to this world mod because Lord help me pls I got my house striked 3 times and the first strike burnt it all down which i changed to stone after and ofcoz still striking my house twice after,burning my furniture for some reason xD If that not enough i die 3 times to it while outside my house too like that das some good aim yo xD

Also its raining 3 days non-stop like jeebus non-stop nightmare ;-;

Back
Top Bottom