tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

I've been doing a multiplayer run with this and some other mods, with the main content ones being Calamity and (to a lesser degree) WeaponOut. My friend has been going magic and we finally made WeaponOut's Staff of Explosion only to find it is hit by the magic changes quite negatively - normally you can hold it to charge up a bigger and bigger explosion the longer you hold, while with Overhaul it just does the standard magic "charge to do more projectiles" thing and will then fire off a tiny itty bitty blast when you try to charge it - making it, for the most part, useless. Also about 173% less satisfying as well. Nothing gets you down quite like expecting to be able to charge up a Dragon Slave only to make a little firecracker. (and I know the item is a reference to a completely different anime than Slayers)

Figured since you metioned WeaponOut works great with Overhaul in the main post (and, for the vast majority of things, it really does) I'd point it out. It also might have something to do with it being one of my favorite weapons in any mod. On a similar note, the Raiden, also from WeaponOut, is supposed to have an animation similar to the arkhalis, but due to the changes, it just charges up with one single frame and looks... weird, to say the least. Less important though since its secondary (and more important) effect still works and it is still usable with the changes applied.

Also a suggestion would be an option to disable the ability to use tools as weapons entirely, since it can be quite annoying for some (namely me and my friend) to be trying to slope blocks with your hammer and then suddenly jumping off in a random direction after accidentally misclicking. And a similar issue when trying to mine. Sometimes I really feel I'd rather have them not able to smack things at all then be this midground they are.

Also maybe make the frost legion stop spawning in fall (or add an option to do so)? It gets kinda old after a while to have snow blocks tossed randomly around our base as these inferior weaklings decide to repeatedly beg us for their deaths. WE JUST WANT TO BUILD, STOP ANNOYING US INTO MURDER! There are so many better ways to get us to murder you. Like being useful to kill. You :red:s just drop snow. SNOW. WE DON'T NEED THIS.

*ahem*

Sorry. I'm fine. I promise. I'll just go murder the ravager for its actually worthwhile drops a few more times to relieve some stress.

1. Some items like the ones you mentioned just need to be blacklisted on overhaul's side, but i rarely get reports to do that. I'll do it for 2.1.7, be sure to tell me if there's anything else like that that just breaks/suffers from overhauls.
2. I'll think about tools and new overhauls after 2.1.7 bugfix's finished and out.
3. I'm pretty sure the chance for getting snow legion is already being lowered after you defeat them, but random is random, you may always still be able to get the invasions 3 days in a row, it really does suck, but that's just how terraria does EVERYTHING, and i'm bit lazy to add other factors. I'll see if i can lower the chance for 2.1.7.

To be sure, this is the only weapons you encountered so far that need to be blacklisted:
Staff of Explosion
Dragon Slave
Raiden
ye?

I should note again that i'm very busy this summer and i don't really know when 2.1.7's gonna be out.

To be sure, this is the only weapons you encountered so far that need to be blacklisted:

Staff of Explosion
Dragon Slave
Raiden

ye?

Actually Dragon Slave isn't an item, that was me referencing a spell in Slayers that casts a gaint explosion, talking about the effect the Staff of Explosion is actually suppoed to have, sorry about the confusion. The list (from what I've noticed presently) is just:
  • Staff of Explosion
  • Raiden
I didn't get to test many melee weapons aside from the fists, which work great. Also I was the only one who really knew the mod so the friend didn't make many magic weapons. I'll come back and edit the post if we find any more that are really hurt by the changes (though he argues the razorpine losing autouse is another one, since the whole reason it was good is its rapid speed.)

As for the frost legion, its not that important - i think the main reason it spawned so much was using Cosmolite from Calamity to skip days en masse to generate lots of stuff with Simple Auto Chests. Went through about 7 or 8 years so far this game and it had been seeming they spawn once every fall. If its just a random chance like the goblin army, that's fine - I've fought so many queen bees I just thought it was another scripted thing. 'Course that's still not too big an issue.

Lightnings transform sand into glass (???).
Late reply, but that can happen in real life, too. Look it up! Lightning, under the right conditions, can turn sand into Fulgurite, aka petrified lighting, which is a type of glass. Granted, it's not the SAME type of glass as Terraria's (I think.) but Terraria only has the one type.

"Server has client running on same machine.. Host on another PC if possible." This statement may be flat easy to understand for others but I am screwing over with English, does the Host really need another laptop/computer for his own server??

I need help, guys.

upload_2018-6-27_10-48-53.png

upd. I get this message when I take in hand bee bow

Last edited:
How do you get the Dark Energy Cells for the Onyx Blaster 9000?
goblin sells them when you have the gun
[doublepost=1530115305,1530115054][/doublepost]
I need help, guys.

View attachment 203417

upd. I get this message when I take in hand bee bow
bug that will be fixed in 2.1.7
[doublepost=1530115376][/doublepost]
"Server has client running on same machine.. Host on another PC if possible." This statement may be flat easy to understand for others but I am screwing over with English, does the Host really need another laptop/computer for his own server??
It's just a recommendation.
[doublepost=1530115414][/doublepost]
Hey this doesn't work with tMod v 0.10.1.4 atm. maybe make a build for it until the next tMod version?
It works fine. If you got a crash - the part that mentioned versions is nothing but a warning.

umm... i have an bug...if i defeat the eye or the brain they drop a lot of parts...like,not little qieces of flesh but the big parts(that only they drop)

@mirsaio what is this armor helper that you are promoting?

Are you guys planning an update for the latest version of tmodloader? Since I've upgraded it, I couldn't play with your mod (Aka Overhaul), will it be soon? Or I have to degrade the version of tmod?

now that i updated to the 2.1.7 version, every time i kill a monster, my game crashes. im gonna be using the 2.1.6 version
here's the crash report

Attachments

• terraria crash.png
    terraria crash.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 241
Back
Top Bottom