tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

I Recently Have A Problem With This Mod

-When I Download This Mod From Mod Browser It Doesn't Appear At My Mod Section However It Does Appear In My Mod File

-I Did Try Use Manual Method Still Same Result

My Computer Spec
-Memory: DDR 3 4GB Ram
-Graphic Card: On Board
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz

I Appreciate If Some Of The Forum Members Could Help Me
tmodloader version might be a problem
if you already have 11.3 then try reinstalling the tmodloader

Hey bois, Im german, and as stupid as it sounds, I like to play my games in german, IF u need some translation call me up :D

btw.: with the new overhaul update, there came something up what really like kinda annoys me(dunno if just for me), theres that new like pickaxe sound (prob for fighting) I get while mining + its overlapping with the vanilla one, dunno if theres an option or fix, but thats a heavy one for me, I have sound disabled 24/7 :/

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Sheeden xD

We appear to be having an issue with items. After maybe 20-30 minutes, we start not being able to pick up any items from the ground. Stars, money, resources, they just stop being able to be picked up as soon as they drop.

Dedicated server with:
Terraria Overhaul v4.6.4.1 (or 4.6... I honestly can't read it with the icons in the way).
Thorium Mod v1.6.0.4
Recipe Browser v0.8.2
Magic Storage v0.4.3.4
Wing Slot v1.6.3

Admittedly, I am playing on the same computer that's hosting the dedicated, but that's because this is the only way we could get multiplayer with mods to work.

But yeah. Star hits the ground? Can't pick it up. Night goes away? Star blinks out as normal.

In settings, Misc, I have Enable Item Bouncing set to No to try and solve this.
Disabling Tree Falling Animation resolved our issue with tree stumps. I'm just stumped by this item issue.
I'm wondering if it has something to do with item persistence, but I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about.

Ideas?

Edit: Reloading into the server makes things disappear and other items appear. Display glitch? Perhaps desynced locations, maybe? Though, we've been unable to get stars once it starts happening.

Edit 2: So far with coins, if I dig out the block beneath them, it seems to free them. Doing that with the roof of our base all the time would be a right pain in the butt though.
This sort of thing is also happening with fire where single block flames won't snuff out and still do damage when touched you (we've had to tap them with a tool to put them out).

Last edited:
Can you please split an Item overhaul option at least a bit? It's a fair chunk of the whole mod, but has only one True/false switch. I just don't want gun rebalance at all, but can't find a way to do it.

So this mod conflict with Weaponout mod...
I have a few questions left.
1)Is there a way to turn off stepping forward when using weapon?
2)Is there a way to turn off camera following the cursor like I'm having binoculars or optical sight equipped?
3)Is there a way to disable new jumping/flying/moving physics?
4)Is there a way to disable new weapon textures or it's another build-in in item overhaul? (what happened to the textures of a Death Sickle?)
5)Is there a way to disable camera shake at least when I land on ground after flying?

So this mod conflict with Weaponout mod...
I have a few questions left.
1)Is there a way to turn off stepping forward when using weapon?
2)Is there a way to turn off camera following the cursor like I'm having binoculars or optical sight equipped?
3)Is there a way to disable new jumping/flying/moving physics?
4)Is there a way to disable new weapon textures or it's another build-in in item overhaul? (what happened to the textures of a Death Sickle?)
5)Is there a way to disable camera shake at least when I land on ground after flying?

answers:
1) currently there is none (we should request a toggle for that)

2) there is on the overhaul menu on the camera option, turn on YES on the fixed camera (but this will disable all similar things like binoculars and sniper zoom, im still asking overhaul to not override the binoculars with the fixed camera)

3) nope its the core meaning and purpose of overhaul

4) yes there is, go to the overhaul options and look for the option "OLD SPRITES" or "NEW SPRITES" or something similar, it should return the old item designs

5) camera shake can be disabled on the overhaul options, but this is regarding all shakes, including earthquakes, explosions, you can lower it down to 0.25 for minimum shake

Thanks!
answers:
3) nope its the core meaning and purpose of overhaul
Well, this mod is huge and called Terraria Overhaul rather than mobility overhaul, so it's just a part of a big new mechanics. And it feels rather unsatisfying to me to play my character when he moves like he's all oiled up or defies air resistance. Not to mention the lack of compatibility with other mods by the built-in alternative attacks on right mouse button.
PS Is there a way to disable solely gun rebalance and reloading? I found only "items overhaul", which seems to stack up whole items that there is in the mod.

Thanks!

Well, this mod is huge and called Terraria Overhaul rather than mobility overhaul, so it's just a part of a big new mechanics. And it feels rather unsatisfying to me to play my character when he moves like he's all oiled up or defies air resistance. Not to mention the lack of compatibility with other mods by the built-in alternative attacks on right mouse button.
PS Is there a way to disable solely gun rebalance and reloading? I found only "items overhaul", which seems to stack up whole items that there is in the mod.
well yea some weapons from other mods with right attack might be overridden by this mod thats why i keep my mod choices low and maxed power
my current mods installed are

FARGO SOULS/FARGO MUTANT
CALAMITY(some items are overridden but still functional)
CALAMITY MUSIC
DBZ MOD
DUAL WEILDING (this mod is overridden and now is only useful for holding torches or other items that is useful when held)
LUIA AKF
BOSS CHECKLIST

as you can see i dont pull a lot of mods since other mods become boring when you already finished farming on calamity and FARGO since these 2 mods give you items beyond compare along with bosses that is too WTF when fighting (unlike elemental unleashed/blue magic mod) calamity adds bosses that screws you up so bad even fargo's top item wont help you so thats why i get bored putting more mods with bosses that cant challenge this current mods i have

the mods that im looking for are mods that adds cosmetics and helps me with my mega builds, I added overhaul to make the calamity bosses much harder,

I have an issue with insane knockback (Not the description actual meaning of "That's crazy") going on. Disabled everything and ran this mod alone compared to no mod and it's just this mod. Basically getting contact damage (Haven't experienced any ranged damgae) Can send me anywhere between 5 blocks to like 50 blocks away NO EXAGGERATION! And thanks to cheat sheet, I enabled turned up the spawn multiplier to x30 and with that, I can traverse the entire map just by knockback. I think it's worth noting that I tweaked the color setting to trippy because for some reason, If it's not trippy or retro, the game runs at 30fps which is actually pretty slow for 30fps and I can't pick retro when I have Terraria Overhaul activated... some help please? This and thorium are literally the only reason why I still use tmodloader v.0.10.1.5

I have an issue with insane knockback (Not the description actual meaning of "That's crazy") going on. Disabled everything and ran this mod alone compared to no mod and it's just this mod. Basically getting contact damage (Haven't experienced any ranged damgae) Can send me anywhere between 5 blocks to like 50 blocks away NO EXAGGERATION! And thanks to cheat sheet, I enabled turned up the spawn multiplier to x30 and with that, I can traverse the entire map just by knockback. I think it's worth noting that I tweaked the color setting to trippy because for some reason, If it's not trippy or retro, the game runs at 30fps which is actually pretty slow for 30fps and I can't pick retro when I have Terraria Overhaul activated... some help please? This and thorium are literally the only reason why I still use tmodloader v.0.10.1.5
you might wanna turn of the godmode(invincibility mode)
by turning the invincibility mode your character wont activate invincibility framies making the enemy hit you(touch) 10-20 times in a single hit dealing stacking knockback, turn it of and see if the knockback is still insane,
this happened to me a lot of times where i turn on invincibility mode to build my structures the and random slime hit me and giving me knockback at insane levels,

in normal terraria knockback stacks up to 3 times only but in overhaul in order for you to be knock back multiple times midair the knockback limit might be removed causing invincibility modes to stack up all knockback per tick while you are hit by a mob, (note 1 second is = 60 Ticks) touching a mod with invincibility ON will give you contact time of like 0.25-0,5 seconds and because invincibility frames wont turn on since your not damaged the knock back is stacked per tick tahst why you are having that problem
[doublepost=1566518304,1566518143][/doublepost]
also i dont know why but if your satisfied with thorium im fine with that but if you havnt tried calamity mod and Fargo souls mod, then you still have not seen modded terraria at its fullest,(note when you have fargo you might wanna toggle off all effects 1st before you equip fargo items) unless you want your PC to bleed

you might wanna turn of the godmode(invincibility mode)
by turning the invincibility mode your character wont activate invincibility framies making the enemy hit you(touch) 10-20 times in a single hit dealing stacking knockback, turn it of and see if the knockback is still insane,
this happened to me a lot of times where i turn on invincibility mode to build my structures the and random slime hit me and giving me knockback at insane levels,

in normal terraria knockback stacks up to 3 times only but in overhaul in order for you to be knock back multiple times midair the knockback limit might be removed causing invincibility modes to stack up all knockback per tick while you are hit by a mob, (note 1 second is = 60 Ticks) touching a mod with invincibility ON will give you contact time of like 0.25-0,5 seconds and because invincibility frames wont turn on since your not damaged the knock back is stacked per tick tahst why you are having that problem
[doublepost=1566518304,1566518143][/doublepost]
also i dont know why but if your satisfied with thorium im fine with that but if you havnt tried calamity mod and Fargo souls mod, then you still have not seen modded terraria at its fullest,(note when you have fargo you might wanna toggle off all effects 1st before you equip fargo items) unless you want your PC to bleed
FIXED. Thank you. Now my only issue left with overhaul is that my smart cursor is no longer toggle but hold. Is there a way to fix this? It's kinda difficult with a hold smart cursor. Or is it due to some incompatability. And finally, I don't know if it's on purpose, but when Terraria Overhaul is active, you only get two color options: Color and Trippy. As for the mod reccomendations, I have tried Calamity. Good mod. Haven't yet tried Fargo. Seems like that will be my next target. Thanks for the reccomendation. Thanks in advance

FIXED. Thank you. Now my only issue left with overhaul is that my smart cursor is no longer toggle but hold. Is there a way to fix this? It's kinda difficult with a hold smart cursor. Or is it due to some incompatability. And finally, I don't know if it's on purpose, but when Terraria Overhaul is active, you only get two color options: Color and Trippy. As for the mod reccomendations, I have tried Calamity. Good mod. Haven't yet tried Fargo. Seems like that will be my next target. Thanks for the reccomendation. Thanks in advance
its on the overhaul options too, just find the option that is related to smart cursor, it wrecked me at 1st until i found it

Terraria.Main.statusTextTerraria.Main.statusText

I got that error trying to create a world, when it starts to generate ruines and the game stops, very sad, i wanted to play the mod but I wouldnt if it is not compatible with calamity or other big mods

Terraria.Main.statusTextTerraria.Main.statusText

I got that error trying to create a world, when it starts to generate ruines and the game stops, very sad, i wanted to play the mod but I wouldnt if it is not compatible with calamity or other big mods
You're using outdated mods, and it has nothing to do with overhaul.

Hello, I have an issue with calamity mod. Whenever I toggle on revengeance mod from calamity,bosses stay at 1 hp no mtter what. Is there any way to fix this?

Hello, I have an issue with calamity mod. Whenever I toggle on revengeance mod from calamity,bosses stay at 1 hp no mtter what. Is there any way to fix this?
same here

MY REQUEST TO THE OVERHAUL DEVS
PLEASE PUT AN OPTION TO DISABLE THE BOSS DEATH ANIMATION(where the boss stays at 1 HP and plays their animation) its the only think i can think of for the solution of incompatibility against the Calamity,

PLEASE OVERHAUL AT LEAST PUT 1 MORE OPTION WHERE WE CAN DISABLE THE BOSS DEATH ANIMATION

TO THE OVERHAUL CREATORS/DEVS
i have a major request that would be very nice if you can add into your mod PLEASE

1) option to disable boss death animation (where boss stays qt 1 HP and plays animation, this bugged with the calamity revengance)

2) lightning should strike diagonally, i mean its kinda weird to see all lightning striking at 90 degrees always,(only if possible)

3) summer boss spawning(queen bee) please can we have an option where this wont happen?,

4) autumn: crimson have those tendons growing, i think it would be nice if corruption have some too, like rotten pulps growing on the walls and pops when a player touches and slowing them down shortly(make them destructible like crimson (if possible a version for hollow too, with a different effect?)

5) Thunder Bolt(weapon), since lightning is present and have an electric system working, maybe add a weapon that uses its power, like a new weapon(just 1 or 2) that can shoot lightning [causes fire] and uses a new type of ammo that is obtained when utilizing the lightning rod) {if by any chance your making this make it powerful and hard to get like it needs nebula or vortex to craft it}

6) some rokcet launchers and guns dont get the overhauled effect? is it forgotten or on purpose(snowman cannon, candy corn rifle,etc.)

This will not happen with tile textures, as the grass & tree top textures get replaced due to seasons. You're basically asking for an option to have green grass during all seasons.
I will, however, eventually add support for loading seasonal textures from texture packs, but creators of calamity's texture pack will have to cooperate after I do so.

The slim texture pack probably won't ever work, as Overhaul uses its own sprite sheet for all player related textures, and all that is getting generated on runtime. Adjusting that texture generator to produce sane results with slim pack will be quite painful, if not impossible.
Thanks for filling me in but I think you should've told me to disable the item overhaul, because I did just that and no texture problems show up. In any case I'll be playing this now.

Back
Top Bottom