tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

i'm not very happy about phantasm and tsunami nerf, you just removed their gimmick and make them like simple, boring bows.
Also all after-plantera dungeon guns feels really week cuz of their sluggishness, please, buff them.
if your complaining bout phantasm and tsunami while here am i yammering about the bees knees it turns its bee arrow into water arrow which is almost useless since by that time you already have like water bolt or water staff for fire which is kinda irritating cause the bees knees was one of the best early game weapons and even useful until wall of flesh

i'm not very happy about phantasm and tsunami nerf, you just removed their gimmick and make them like simple, boring bows.
Also all after-plantera dungeon guns feels really week cuz of their sluggishness, please, buff them.
There's no nerfs (excluding daedalus stormbow's), but simple behavior issues, which could be considered bugs.
I'll write it down™️.

There's no nerfs (excluding daedalus stormbow's), but simple behavior issues, which could be considered bugs.
I'll write it down™️.
can you nerf or buff the knees bees back to its original prowess?
i mean it shoots water arrows now instead of bee arrows in which not very useful since there are lot of early game items that can put out fire (water bolt, bucket, pick axe(LOL this works)
also the phantasm is an end game weapon so pls buff it back again the reload speed is too slow from its original speed making it too weak to compete with its counterparts (but pls dont remove the sound fx)

Last edited:
@Mirsario your mod is really awesome, it is a fresh experience to start again with all these new gameplays enhancements.

I want to feedback that I found 2 bugs :
- When you quit a game and return to start menu, if you re launch the same world, the menu music is still playing over the game music, only solution is to quit the game.
- When removing stuff on housing with pickaxe (like chairs, workbenches, lamps....), sometimes it just disapear from the inventory. Very annoying when it is very rare or very costly crafts.

Do you think you could add an option to disable persistent arrows? I've been playing around with this and Calamity but the game becomes almost unplayable as an archer because 1 person can easily hit the projectile limit with an Elemental Quiver :x

Do you think you could add an option to disable persistent arrows? I've been playing around with this and Calamity but the game becomes almost unplayable as an archer because 1 person can easily hit the projectile limit with an Elemental Quiver :x
i actually agree to this

Been play with this for a little while now, it has definitely refreshened things for me 🥰

Couple things, though:

• Is there anyway to disable that small lurch forward on every weapon swing?
  • Regardless of whether I set Smart Cursor Mode to "hold" or "toggle", it's always "toggle"
  • Mouse2 (i.e. the right mouse button) triggers a secondary melee attack which includes a leap forward, yet I don't see anywhere under Keybindings where I can change this assignment. This can be quite frustrating as Mouse2 is the button used to open chests (i.e. "interact"), which results in the chest being opened and then my character immediately leaping 10 feet forward -- out of range of, and closing, the chest!?!
  • Minor thing that just happened: logging into my world just now I lost all exploration on my world map (nm, I had renamed my world with TEdit)
Cheers 🍻

um heres some bug report IDK if its this mod cause i didnt tried disabling yet but pls look into it (i posted this report to every mod i have since i dont know which caused it)

some of my weapons dont auto swing, now i have to tap like an idiot just to make it swing faster

also i thought that tehre will be more options on the overhaul setting so w can adjust the mod to our liking? i cant see any new on the options PLS clarify

Is there anyway to disable that small lurch forward on every weapon swing?
No, leave a note in overhaul discord's #configuration-requests channel, it's a TODO for the config update.
Regardless of whether I set Smart Cursor Mode to "hold" or "toggle", it's always "toggle"
You mean hold? You need to double-press the button for it to toggle. This behavior can be turned off in Overhaul Settings -> Clientside -> Misc/Other -> Advanced Smart Cursor
Mouse2 (i.e. the right mouse button) triggers a secondary melee attack which includes a leap forward, yet I don't see anywhere under Keybindings where I can change this assignment. This can be quite frustrating as Mouse2 is the button used to open chests (i.e. "interact"), which results in the chest being opened and then my character immediately leaping 10 feet forward -- out of range of, and closing, the chest!?!
Sounds like a simple bug, not something you'd need reassignments for.
Minor thing that just happened: logging into my world just now I lost all exploration on my world map (nm, I had renamed my world with TEdit)
I believe it'll be more stable next update, less array resizing will be happening.

some of my weapons dont auto swing, now i have to tap like an idiot just to make it swing faster
Auto-reuse behavior is completely vanilla, expect for some overhauls even getting auto-reuse forced on.
also i thought that tehre will be more options on the overhaul setting so w can adjust the mod to our liking? i cant see any new on the options PLS clarify
5.0 is planned to be a config update. You can leave requests in overhaul discord's #configuration-requests channel.

You mean hold? You need to double-press the button for it to toggle. This behavior can be turned off in Overhaul Settings -> Clientside -> Misc/Other -> Advanced Smart Cursor

Perfect, ty 👍

Btw, does that option ("advanced smart cursor controls") change anything else?

What the hell does Earthquakes even do? are they only supposed to be annoying screenshakes or do they have some mechanic to them? I have tried to look for info about it but nothing.

Auto-reuse behavior is completely vanilla, expect for some overhauls even getting auto-reuse forced on.

is there a way to disable it? or at the very least disable the part where you move forward after swinging a weapon?

pls ad something that allows players to choose the overhaul mechanic like (melee overhaul/magic overhaul/ranged overhaul/throwing overhaul) where we can enable and disable them individually, (is this possible?)

Hi guys! I just recently played Terraria again, and I'm having a problem with this mod, specifically the Star Cannon/Mini-Shark.

When I press and hold for 2-3 seconds to wind-up and let go, it does not stop shooting until around 30 seconds. I am rooted to wherever I start shooting for the duration. (If I jump and shoot mid-air, I get stuck whilst it unstoppably shoots)I can't walk or use any other items, nor can I go to the menu.

This is especially annoying on the Star Cannon, as the whole duration makes the screen shake uncontrollably.

I have the latest Terraria from Steam, installed said mod via mod browser. Also: I have Thorium installed together with it. I read that it should allow me to play both mods perfectly fine, and I read online both are very compatible.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

What the hell does Earthquakes even do? are they only supposed to be annoying screenshakes or do they have some mechanic to them? I have tried to look for info about it but nothing.

I too would love to know this. They quickly grew annoying, and I'd love to be able to disable them.

I too would love to know this. They quickly grew annoying, and I'd love to be able to disable them.
well ive been playing overhaul for like almost 2 years now and yes earthquakes are still have no technical value its just ambiance to make underground more interesting
(i would love to have an event like earthquake where blocks that are attached to the ground will shake and break if not strong enough/ but blocks that are floating will not be affected [i dont want the sky islands to fall on me LOL])

Back
Top Bottom