tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Is there a config option to disable the Quick Buff overhaul? It's busted and doesn't drink all the potions in multiplayer, and I don't like how it keeps using potions that are already active. It's a bit hard on the Endurance Potions.

Last edited:
It seems that some of the weapons in this mod don't function properly. When I attempt to use a whip, the line simply doesn't extend forward. So you are only able to hit enemies with your fist. It also seems that any throwing weapon that can launch three projectiles in rapid succession, such as the throwing knives, has infinite ammo for some reason when using the primary attack (although the secondary attack still drains ammo). I disabled all my other mods to see if there is some sort of incompatibility issues going on here, but I still get the same outcome.

Also, I feel that there should be some more options for Item Overhauls, which currently only has the option to enable/disable the Item Overhauls. Thing is though, I love the overhauled melee weapons, bows, and throwing weapons (ignoring the aforementioned glitches attached to them), but I am not too big a fan of the changes to firearms. They aren't as effective as their vanilla counterparts anymore with the added recoil and reloading, and they don't have a secondary attack to make up for it. It also doesn't mesh very well with other mods that add guns like Thorium and Calamity, where those function more like the vanilla weapons. This is unlike the melee weapons, which are for the most part compatible.

Last edited:
I keep on getting this crash every 10 minutes to 2 hours
[21:42:27] [17/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TerrariaOverhaul.Common.ModEntities.Items.OverhaulItem.Save_MarkAsTrash(ItemSaveEvent e)
at System.Action`2.Invoke(T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at TerrariaOverhaul.Core.Events.ItemEvents.ItemSaveEvent.Invoke(OverhaulItem oItem, Item item, TagCompound tag)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.SaveGlobals(Item item) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\ItemIO.cs:line 113
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.Save(Item item) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\ItemIO.cs:line 50
at MagicStorage.Components.TEStorageUnit.Save() in MagicStorage\Components\TEStorageUnit.cs:line 358
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TileIO.SaveTileEntities() in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\TileIO.cs:line 588
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.Save(String path, Boolean isCloudSave) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\WorldIO.cs:line 25
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime) in tModLoader\Terraria.IO\WorldFile.cs:line 415
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveAndPlayCallBack(Object threadContext) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 2550
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
[21:42:27] [17/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000609.93 UNHANDLED crash? True
Sender: Name:Terraria.exe
There are no context policies.

It seems to be a conflict between this mod and Magic Storage. Can someone help me with it?

I keep on getting this crash every 10 minutes to 2 hours
[21:42:27] [17/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TerrariaOverhaul.Common.ModEntities.Items.OverhaulItem.Save_MarkAsTrash(ItemSaveEvent e)
at System.Action`2.Invoke(T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at TerrariaOverhaul.Core.Events.ItemEvents.ItemSaveEvent.Invoke(OverhaulItem oItem, Item item, TagCompound tag)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.SaveGlobals(Item item) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\ItemIO.cs:line 113
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.Save(Item item) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\ItemIO.cs:line 50
at MagicStorage.Components.TEStorageUnit.Save() in MagicStorage\Components\TEStorageUnit.cs:line 358
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TileIO.SaveTileEntities() in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\TileIO.cs:line 588
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.Save(String path, Boolean isCloudSave) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\WorldIO.cs:line 25
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime) in tModLoader\Terraria.IO\WorldFile.cs:line 415
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveAndPlayCallBack(Object threadContext) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 2550
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
[21:42:27] [17/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000609.93 UNHANDLED crash? True
Sender: Name:Terraria.exe
There are no context policies.

It seems to be a conflict between this mod and Magic Storage. Can someone help me with it?
yes this mod have a high chance of conflicting mods that internally modify the game (along with KGB rpg mod)
so yea magic storage have a chance of having a major conflict with Overhaul
and its not easy to ask the admin if this mod to fix it cause it will make a major alteration just to fix i minor problem

if you want a quick direct answer from Overhaul's admin go to his discord (link on the 1st page)
hes not always present here in forums you should ask him directly to his discord his username is (Marsario)

Trying out this mod for the first time and I just learned that there's no way to enable auto-swing for weapons and such, right? I really think that this would be something to reconsider, as it's an accessibility issue more than a "skill difficulty" issue for some. I love most of the features that Overhaul brings to the table, but I can't really play a game like this without auto-swinging weapons... If it could be a toggle-able option that would be extremely helpful. It's a lovely mod otherwise, for sure.

Trying out this mod for the first time and I just learned that there's no way to enable auto-swing for weapons and such, right? I really think that this would be something to reconsider, as it's an accessibility issue more than a "skill difficulty" issue for some. I love most of the features that Overhaul brings to the table, but I can't really play a game like this without auto-swinging weapons... If it could be a toggle-able option that would be extremely helpful. It's a lovely mod otherwise, for sure.
theres a mod that can autoswing most items in game you can find it on the modbrowser by typing (auto) it allows you to choose which weapons will be affected by autoswing and which wont

magic weapons like the last prism dont really work well when using the mana flower. it drinks the potion stopping the last prism. can someone help with this

I've got some issues: (I'm playing with some mods like calamity and thorium)
Throwing weapons from mods do not seem to consume ammo unless i do a charged shot
Rocket jumping doesn't seem to work
Grenades are being treated like a throwing weapon

I wish there was an option in the config to disable individual weapon reworks

Otherwise, amazing mod

There was a mistake in the position of the flame at the muzzle of my gun on the mount

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
The author of Terraria Overhaul is rarely on the forum. He's mostly on the discord server. If you want him to fix this issue, you go to the discord server to inform him.

this issue is not of Overhaul itself.
it mostly from Elements, and probably unfixable on this side.
just wondering what mechanics cause recipe changes during the game

Back
Top Bottom