tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

This mod has multiple stability issues with it currently:

1. It hangs on "Unloading TerrairaOverhaul" when reloading mods on dedicated server
2. It seems to require my players to download it from the mod browser. If they ever let the server push it to them then they need to reinstall to fix their modded terraria.exe. Else they get buffer overflow errors when attempting to join the server (and load the mod).
3. It causes random crashes on the clients end like so:
Code:
22:57:18] [37/INFO] [StatusText]: Loading map data
[22:57:18] [37/INFO] [StatusText]: Drawing map
[22:57:18] [37/INFO] [StatusText]: Receiving tile data
[22:57:18] [1/INFO] [Terraria]: Entering world with player: Dawg, IsCloud=False
[22:57:19] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at TerrariaOverhaul.Common.MethodSwapping.Optimizations.Rendering.TileRendering.DrawTiles(Main main, Boolean solidOnly, Int32 waterStyleOverride)
   at Terraria.Main.RenderTiles()
   at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
   at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

[22:57:19] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/herosmod/psa.php?tmodversion=0.11.6.2&version=0.3.5.1&platform=w&steamid64=76561197960684617
[22:57:54] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at TerrariaOverhaul.Common.ModEntities.Players.OverhaulPlayer.PreUpdate()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PreUpdate(Player player)
   at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
   at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

I haven't proven it, but it might be causing server stability issues where it goes down when validating the back world file.

20200514_141341.jpg
20200514_141344.jpg

HELP ME. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET RID IF THESE MENUS. IT IS ANNOYING ME SO MUCH. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF IT.

Loving the mod so far, super excited to play through Terraria after so many years with this and a couple of other mods.

I noticed in the Player Movement section you mentioned that you can change the default Up key for climbing over edges in the config, but I can't seem to find out where or how to do that. I hope it's not an outdated feature because I feel my movement would be a lot smoother if that was on the Jump key for me.

Appreciate the help and love the work you've done!

Hi nice mod but, one problem is that when I play with rogue class in calamity mod,
right click attack works well but, left click attack doesn't use stealth gauge and can use infinite stealth attack.
I think this is op so, can you fix this from your mod?

With TModLoader being updated for 1.4 and being on steam, is there an estimate for the timeline for this to be updated to 1.4?

Is there a way to disable the player position saving, and the "OVERHEAT" debuff? I disabled the fire system, but the overheat debuff is still causing my entire world to play the "Hell" theme. I can't hear any other song. Please allow disabling any feature in the config file, not just some.

Is there a way to disable the player position saving, and the "OVERHEAT" debuff? I disabled the fire system, but the overheat debuff is still causing my entire world to play the "Hell" theme. I can't hear any other song. Please allow disabling any feature in the config file, not just some.
No and no, but the music issue is not due to the debuff. It's a bug that happens when you disable fire while one was going on, causing the effects to not stop until you restart the game.

With TModLoader being updated for 1.4 and being on steam, is there an estimate for the timeline for this to be updated to 1.4?
tML does not support 1.4 yet. I'm developing it, and it may take many months more. I don't know if I'll have overhaul updated to it on 1.4 tML's release, but I'll aim towards that.

hello I need help download the mod and I really like it because it gives more realism to terraria I love it. but I am not comfortable with the camera and the movement of the player. when I move the cursor to the right or left the player moves to where I move the cursor and when I want to move to the right or left the player walks backwards. something very uncomfortable. I read previous comments and I go to the main menu and in overhaul configurations I go to customer service and in a fixed camera I give it yes and it does not work and if I give it neither and it does not change anything please I thank you for your attention and I await a response soon thanks
Hadn't you just said all that in spanish?

I love this mod but i feel uncomfortable with the camera, that focusing on the mouse cursor. How do i disable it like normal ?
Edit: I fixed it for myself, just go to the Save Mod folder (Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\TerrariaOverhaul) and fix Camera's values

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom