Terraria overheats my pc alot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeFr33

Official Terrarian
I've played games that required a better pc performance, and... have "better" graphics, like CSGO, BF3, etc.

Terraria has been the only one who warms my pc so much that it just goes off so I don't get a bsod.

Help?

While CSGO and BF3 have better graphics, they don't eat nearly as many resources as Terraria does. Terraria is using more of your PC, causing it to heat up.

I never had that happen but that's because mine's a "from the ground up" PC and it has more fans than The Beatles. Perhaps the issue could be solved with better cooling in your case, too.

While CSGO and BF3 have better graphics, they don't eat nearly as many resources as Terraria does. Terraria is using more of your PC, causing it to heat up.

I never had that happen but that's because mine's a "from the ground up" PC and it has more fans than The Beatles. Perhaps the issue could be solved with better cooling in your case, too.
Thank you for the help, also, More fans than the Beatles. I giggled.

I wouldn't have created this thread if terraria would save a bit more fast. I mean, I lose around 30 mins of progress everytime my pc goes off, that means terraria has got to have a save from like 30 to 30 mins when you're playing
Make it like 1 to 1 min, or even 5 seconds, since if you get a rare drop (happened to me with the rod of discord ; ^ ; ), :red: goes off and you get screwed.

Uh...this game makes my fan blow a lot, but it never really overheats. This is with a laptop that used to shut down because of overheating and its only strength is 4mb ram in comparison to its graphics card and processor.

I suppose living in an environment of >10Celsius has its benefits. No, that's not just outside, that's my room too. Speaking of which, despite being an odd question, but what's typically your room temperature?

Even with my old, incredibly crappy laptop that could barely run Skyrim on its absolute minimum req., I never had ANY problems with Terraria (besides the occasional lag spike when a ton of mobs come). Sounds like you should try updating some drivers or something, also, what're the specs of your pc?

If it happens with other games, provided your specs meet requirements and such, you might need new cooling gel on your graphics processor? My old Vista laptop didn't even HAVE gel! Stupid HP just put pads on it that dry out and do more harm than good.

Otherwise, you could try some cleaning programs. IObit Advanced System Care is a great all in one app. You can otionally download an automated driver updater, system updater, complete unintaller and one of the best defrag utilities around (that supports boot-time defrag). Oh, and a Malware scanner too. It's one of my favorite FREE software bundles, keeps things in tip top shape.

Spybot Search & Destroy helps get rid of spyware that can slow things down a bit.

images
Anyways, this has happened to me many times a few months ago, but I just got a fan and put it next to the laptop. Then it never overheated again.

Happened to me often as well.
That's why I have fan beside me to cool my laptop down.
So far haven't encountered any shutdown because of overheating while playing Terraria.

What leads you to think that your pc is overheating? Like, have you figured out which hardware was causing all the heat?

What leads you to think that your pc is overheating? Like, have you figured out which hardware was causing all the heat?
Whenever I start the PC again, it just says something like "Computer shutdown due to overheating : 900 in a .. black screen, much likely the "How do you want to start windows? Start normally , bla bla".

Is your fan operating at all? I've heard that you get some sort of system message upon start-up if your fan was not working.

Hm, I'm not very familiar with that message. I'm not sure what would be going on then.

Either way, I suggest figuring out which of the hardware is overheating. That might help in coming up with possible solutions or figuring out the main problem.

If it happens with other games, provided your specs meet requirements and such, you might need new cooling gel on your graphics processor? My old Vista laptop didn't even HAVE gel! Stupid HP just put pads on it that dry out and do more harm than good.

Otherwise, you could try some cleaning programs. IObit Advanced System Care is a great all in one app. You can otionally download an automated driver updater, system updater, complete unintaller and one of the best defrag utilities around (that supports boot-time defrag). Oh, and a Malware scanner too. It's one of my favorite FREE software bundles, keeps things in tip top shape.

Spybot Search & Destroy helps get rid of spyware that can slow things down a bit.
The IObit crap is a virus waiting to happen.
I speak from experience...
Doesn't activate immediatly.
Strikes when it wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom