Terraria - PewDiePie Crossover Merchandise Launches Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this thread was wild. Kids who lied bout their age to get on here came out of the rubble and caused commotion, and a mod commented 3 seperate times, wow

Last edited:
Kids who lied bout their age to get on here came out of the rubble and caused sommotion
When did this happen?

If you mean the people who dislike him; a lot of people were slightly above his age demo when everyone hated him for becoming popular screaming at horror games. They didn't grow up with him and so they have no sense of loyalty to him.

I assume the reason he's a massive pillar of internet culture for people under a certain age these days is because the little kids who watched him when they were in his demo are in their late teens/mayyybe early 20s now. You have to remember though that Terraria came out around that same time and not everyone who got into it was a kid in pewdiepie's age demo.

If you mean the people coming to defend him; I think it would be an unfair accusation to make of them too. Both groups should be more than old enough to have accounts at this point.

If this actually happened that's a different story, but from what I've seen it's just an assumption.

Last edited:
When did this happen?

If you mean the people who dislike him; a lot of people were slightly above his age demo when everyone hated him for becoming popular screaming at horror games. They didn't grow up with him and so they have no sense of loyalty to him.

I assume the reason he's a massive pillar of internet culture for people under a certain age these days is because the little kids who watched him when they were in his demo are in their late teens/mayyybe early 20s now. You have to remember though that Terraria came out around that same time and not everyone who got into it was a kid in pewdiepie's age demo.

If you mean the people coming to defend him; I think it would be an unfair accusation to make of them too. Both groups should be more than old enough to have accounts at this point.

If this actually happened that's a different story, but from what I've seen it's just an assumption.
With accounts as blatant as @Xemiel, and such commenting about their dislike for pewdiepie and come out to attack hostily attacking him based on little to no context or evidence, on a thread just talking about some merch! I would expect this from Twitter!

You can dislike Pewds' content,but you can't accuse him of being a horrible person with little to no evidence.

commenting about their dislike for pewdiepie and come out to attack hostily attacking him based on little to no context or evidence, on a thread just talking about some merch! I would expect this from Twitter!
I don't think this argument really follows. Pewdiepie is a controversial figure that people outside of the niche gamer memelord space have to hear about. A merch collab could be interpreted as an endorsement. I think it's reasonable for people to voice their disagreement and disappointment on that account. (and I think if they were collaborating with an SJW the need for an essay enumerating all the reasons to dislike someone with full citations like some people seem to demand would suddenly instantly vanish because most gamers don't love them by default)

Speaking of accusations with little to no context or evidence: Aren't you accusing people of lying about their age to use the forum with no evidence other than vibes and stating it as fact?

Anyway this thread is toxic and should be locked tbh. I'm not going to reignite the argument, but this thread has been necro'd with argument bait a few too many times.

After Staff deliberation, this Thread has been locked.

At this point, it is just about the accusations surrounding PewDiePie. There haven't been meaningful discussion around the Merchandise for awhile.

We do not tolerate public accusations and insulting remarks against anyone on these forums.

If anything changes with the merchandise, this thread may be unlocked. But there is no value in keeping this thread open any longer as said from the reason above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom