Tool Terraria Portable (GOG.COM ONLY)

What about the Framework? I can't get this to work, and I'm pretty sure it's because I need the Framework installed on the PC I'm useing it on. The ones have don't have the framework, and I can't install it either.

What about the Framework? I can't get this to work, and I'm pretty sure it's because I need the Framework installed on the PC I'm useing it on. The ones have don't have the framework, and I can't install it either.
Yeah... that is the one thing it does require on the other PC. The .NET framework can't be portabilized. It's not possible (yet), because it installs incredibly deep inside your system and no-one has managed to portabilize it.

Hey, I really like this handy little tool. But the only problem I have with it is the fact that there is no music. When I launch it form the Terraria.exe it seems to work fine. Also when I try to increase the music level in the settings it just jumps back down to 0%. Is this intended?

I know this is a bit old but the github is down, just wondering if ya scrapped the tools

Not his files but I also make mine, it uses yaP instead of PAL. Please note that I'm NOT RESPONSIBLE for any potential save data loss, so make a BACKUP first.

Hosting a dedicated server or running a mod? You can either tweak TerrariaPortable.ini or run it after launching TerrariaPortable.exe and close it before exiting Terraria. Also take a look on my next post to see how my portable launcher works.

EDIT: Also added the game dependencies (extra DLLs) so you don't need to install XNA framework (place them in the same folder where Terraria.exe exist).

Attachments

• Dependency.zip
    2 MB · Views: 250
  • Portable.zip
    80.4 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Not his files but I also make mine, it uses yaP instead of PAL. Please refer to the ReadMe.txt inside the archive.
EDIT: Also added the game dependencies (extra DLLs) so you don't need to install XNA framework and other stuff (place them in the same folder where Terraria.exe exist).
Love ya <3

Please be careful with this thing. I was experimenting with this and somehow ended up with all my Terraria save data deleted. (I had a backup, though not quite as recent as I'd have liked, so it wasn't a complete disaster.) Yes I probably did something wrong, but none the less, I would advise people against using this tool on a computer where you actually have Terraria installed (Andhika24kd's version, donno about the other one). Or at least make a fresh backup before you do so.

I am very sorry for the data loss. In case you're wondering how it works:
  1. TerrariaPortable.exe was launched
  2. Check if "Documents\My Games\Terraria" already exist and rename it to "Terraria_backup"
  3. Create folder "Documents\My Games\Terraria"
  4. Copy contents from "Save" folder (in the same directory as TerrariaPortable.exe) to "Documents\My Games\Terraria"
  5. Write registry value to enable bunny pet (optional)
  6. Launch Terraria.exe and check if it still running before proceeding to next step
  7. Move "Documents\My Games\Terraria" to "Save" folder (in the same directory as TerrariaPortable.exe)
  8. Rename back "Terraria_backup" to "Terraria"
  9. Clean up "Documents\My Games\Terraria" (only if empty)
  10. Clean up "Documents\My Games" (only if empty)
  11. Delete written registry value from step 5 (optional)
  12. Delete registry key "HKCU\Software\Terraria" (optional, only if empty)
Other notes:
  • It will prevent you from running secondary instance of Terraria.exe (if you run TerrariaPortable.exe instead of Terraria.exe directly).
  • Any process(es) that are currently using "Documents\My Games\Terraria" before/during/after TerrariaPortable.exe was launched are not monitored and may cause save data loss (refer to above explanation). This includes secondary instance of Terraria.exe, TerrariaServer.exe, tModLoader.exe, or any other standalone mods/tools.
  • If you want to launch mods/tools/server you can either tweak TerrariaPortable.ini or run it after TerrariaPortable.exe was launched and close it before you exit from Terraria.exe (that was launched by TerrariaPortable.exe).
I will consider adding a warning/disclaimer on my previous post once I got home Done.

Last edited:
I don't hold it against you. This kind of task is inherently risky I suppose, and I should have been more careful. It's too bad Terraria doesn't have an option to change its save folder through the command line, like some games do. That would by alot safer than having to mess with the save normal folder.

Back
Top Bottom