PS4 Terraria PS4 Tips

Is anyone having trouble beating bosses?

• Total voters

The Cakemaster

Spazmatism
In this forum, I will help users who play Terraria PS4. I will give you any tips I know in order to help. I can help with things like beating bosses, surviving hardmode, fishing, ect. If you leave some sort of reply, I will answer your reply as soon as possible. If you are stuck in pre-hardmode, try getting full health, full molten armor, a knight's edge, a phoenix blaster with around 600 bullets of any type, a few health potions, hermes boots, (if you want you could use potions that buff your stats,) and 1,000 blocks. Build a long bridge using the blocks before fighting the wall of flesh. If you want you could use a minishark, as it has a good fire speed, and the small amount of damage from it builds up fast. Hopefully this tip has helped at least somebody. :)

Last edited:
In this forum, I will help users who play Terraria PS4. I will give you any tips I know in order to help.
please add more content to your post. Perhaps list some tips you know? Currently you're not inspiring much room for conversation and I'm afraid fall under our restriction against posts lacking in content.

please add more content to your post. Perhaps list some tips you know? Currently you're not inspiring much room for conversation and I'm afraid fall under our restriction against posts lacking in content.
Ok, I've added more to the original post. From now on I will add more information to my posts in this thread.

Is there a way to use an item in the inventory screen without having to hotbar it first?
Sure would make life easier lol.

Also is plantera bugged?
I'm using a melee build with the Fetid Baghnakhs and first attempt I failed by a few hundred hp. Second attempt I barely did any damage at all (and I prepped far more, campfires, potions etc.). I was all up in the plant based grill and was only doing 100ish damage every few seconds. That does not make sense to me. This build made light work of all three mech bosses.

Last edited:
Phoenix Blaster > Minishark
'Nuff said.

Also, never, EVER use Meteor Bullets. They trigger a longer invincibility frame on enemies, lowering the DPS, especially for fast firing weapons.

Is there a way to use an item in the inventory screen without having to hotbar it first?
Sure would make life easier lol.

Also is plantera bugged?
I'm using a melee build with the Fetid Baghnakhs and first attempt I failed by a few hundred hp. Second attempt I barely did any damage at all (and I prepped far more, campfires, potions etc.). I was all up in the plant based grill and was only doing 100ish damage every few seconds. That does not make sense to me. This build made light work of all three mech bosses.
Yes, on X1 and PS4, look for ‘build mode’ button to use an item in your inventory without having to first move it to the hot bar.

Your second Plantera fight sounds like maybe something was interfering with your damage. Were you using a minion? In either case, hopefully it was just an anomaly and your subsequent fights worked like normal.

Yes, on X1 and PS4, look for ‘build mode’ button to use an item in your inventory without having to first move it to the hot bar.

Your second Plantera fight sounds like maybe something was interfering with your damage. Were you using a minion? In either case, hopefully it was just an anomaly and your subsequent fights worked like normal.

Omg thanks a ton for that build mode tip.

As for plantera it did work out. I just went overkill on the buffs and round 3 was so easy. Now I'm getting my butt handed to me by the dungeon. Lol
[doublepost=1528010602,1528010381][/doublepost]
Phoenix Blaster > Minishark
'Nuff said.

Also, never, EVER use Meteor Bullets. They trigger a longer invincibility frame on enemies, lowering the DPS, especially for fast firing weapons.
Thanks for the tip. I'm actually going to play my 2nd playthrough as a ranged build. This time round though it's all about up in their face melee. The fetid claws are so good I cant put them down.

In this forum, I will help users who play Terraria PS4. I will give you any tips I know in order to help. I can help with things like beating bosses, surviving hardmode, fishing, ect. If you leave some sort of reply, I will answer your reply as soon as possible. If you are stuck in pre-hardmode, try getting full health, full molten armor, a knight's edge, a phoenix blaster with around 600 bullets of any type, a few health potions, spectre boots, (if you want you could use potions that buff your stats,) and 1,000 blocks. Build a long bridge using the blocks before fighting the wall of flesh. If you want you could use a minishark, as it has a good fire speed. Hopefully this tip has helped at least somebody. :)

Can you please tell which pets I have to get to get the pet hoarder trophy? Is the last trophy and since the wikis are not clear about it, I don't know for which ones I have to look.

Well I was able to defeat the moonlord tonight. If anyone has any questions just let me know.
I did not complete it on expert yet but I dont think I'll have too much trouble.

I’m new and I’m stuck on Skeletron Prime. I’ve got a Daedalus Stormbow and tried raining Holy Arrows on him but that’s not enough damage. I’ve been farming the Wall of Flesh for a Ranger Emblem but I’ve been having trouble getting it to drop. I’ve beat the Wall of Flesh at least 10 times now and it’s quite difficult to get him to spawn consistently especially because I have to go back and ride my Hellevator back down along with running to the edge of the Map to spawn him. I know I could have been a bit smarter with my Hellevator but it’s been getting annoying to get another one started. Do I absolutely need a Ranger Emblem?

I’m new and I’m stuck on Skeletron Prime. I’ve got a Daedalus Stormbow and tried raining Holy Arrows on him but that’s not enough damage. I’ve been farming the Wall of Flesh for a Ranger Emblem but I’ve been having trouble getting it to drop. I’ve beat the Wall of Flesh at least 10 times now and it’s quite difficult to get him to spawn consistently especially because I have to go back and ride my Hellevator back down along with running to the edge of the Map to spawn him. I know I could have been a bit smarter with my Hellevator but it’s been getting annoying to get another one started. Do I absolutely need a Ranger Emblem?
Are you not able to kill him by the time morning arrives? Or are you dying during the fight?

In my opinion a Ranger Emblem is not absolutely necessary. Have you tried a Megashark (you’ll need to have killed the Destroyer first). I like either crystal bullets or exploding bullets.

Are you not able to kill him by the time morning arrives? Or are you dying during the fight?

In my opinion a Ranger Emblem is not absolutely necessary. Have you tried a Megashark (you’ll need to have killed the Destroyer first). I like either crystal bullets or exploding bullets.

I’ve tried to fight him on my Skybridge (which is made out of dirt) and died several times because he spontaneously knew every direction I was going to fly and killed me in seconds. I don’t know if it’s because of me but he’s been really accurate for some odd reason. To simply put it, I don’t know how to dodge him long enough to not die.

I’ve tried to fight him on my Skybridge (which is made out of dirt) and died several times because he spontaneously knew every direction I was going to fly and killed me in seconds. I don’t know if it’s because of me but he’s been really accurate for some odd reason. To simply put it, I don’t know how to dodge him long enough to not die.
Try having a simple arena of platforms. About 2-3 rows of platforms spaced far enough/close enough that you can jump/fly to the next one without inconvenience. His bombs will be able to pass through the platforms and fall onto the ground to explode, instead of exploding on your dirt skybridge harming you.

If you’re dying during the fight, have you tried to optimize other things besides trying to get the ranger emblem. For instance, how much health do you have, are you using campfires, heart lanterns, potions?

Try having a simple arena of platforms. About 2-3 rows of platforms spaced far enough/close enough that you can jump/fly to the next one without inconvenience. His bombs will be able to pass through the platforms and fall onto the ground to explode, instead of exploding on your dirt skybridge harming you.

If you’re dying during the fight, have you tried to optimize other things besides trying to get the ranger emblem. For instance, how much health do you have, are you using campfires, heart lanterns, potions?

I have max HP (without Life Fruits). The problem may be because I don’t have any combat accessories whatsoever especially for Rangers. I’ve gotten a molten stone and a titan glove but no ranger stuff. I’ve gotten platforms but it’s not doing enough damage to really dent him even with Crystal Bullets.

I have max HP (without Life Fruits). The problem may be because I don’t have any combat accessories whatsoever especially for Rangers. I’ve gotten a molten stone and a titan glove but no ranger stuff. I’ve gotten platforms but it’s not doing enough damage to really dent him even with Crystal Bullets.
I’d suggest getting a boost of extra health by taking some spelunker potions and mining potions and getting life fruits to max out. If you aren’t using campfire, heart lanterns, potions (ironskin, regeneration, endurance, and swiftness for sure, then if you can heartreach, lifeforce, rage, wrath, thorns depending on if they dropped for you from crates or if you’re able to fish up the ingredients) I highly recommend using these extra buffs.

And like you mentioned, some accessory switch outs may be helpful as well. Adding in ranger accessories, or even general ones (like charm of myths).

Keep trying and changing things up. Each time you’re gaining more knowledge and experience on how best to fight and dodge him, and one time you will beat him.

Using heart lanterns and campfires are great, and i personally recommend using a minibridge (made out of asphalt) that you loop around with your wings. And if you don't have wings, GET THEM!!!! Until you get the UFO mount, you need them in Hardmode.

Now, with that setup, try using the Megashark, with maybe a ranger emblem. You should be able to kill him pretty easily. SHOULD. Also, if you haven't destroyed the destroyer yet, use the Dadleus Stormbow or Spider-in-a-box. Also, I HIGHLY recommend getting frost armor so you can kill him easily. The Armor grind isn't really hard, you just need to wait for it to rain and go to your local snow biome. And if your using the Spider-in-a-box, have any sword, EX the arkahlis. you don't NEED it, it just makes the battle quicker.

Wow i just realized i talked about the destroyer more than Skeletron prime.

If anyone wants to add me on PS4, "Zyiux" is my PSN. I could always use some help, or would love to join in your world!

Back
Top Bottom