Terraria Quality of Life Update Out Now for XB1/PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
Happy Thursday, Terrarians!

Out today is the Quality of Life update for Console Terraria that we have mentioned in past State of the Game news articles. Alongside an armful of various bug fixes, the team is proud to be able to bring the following new QOL features to XB1/PS4 Terraria!

MULTIPLAYER QUALITY OF LIFE

Password Lobby.png

The team took some time out to address a handful of the most-often-voiced frustrations with Console Terraria Multiplayer. With the features listed below, you can now more easily find games to join, create your own private rooms (no more random people dropping in uninvited!), and your map data will now be persistent for any worlds you join.
  • Save the map data for worlds you join in multiplayer games (Previously, map data would be reset for Clients whenever they rejoined a world hosted by another player)
  • Allow password protected multiplayer games
  • Allow refreshing the "join game" list

index.php

GAMEPAD QUALITY OF LIFE

Cursor Sensitivity Settings.png

Equally important - and often requested - is the ability to customize the sensitivity of the sticks/cursor on the gamepad. With this latest update, you have a number of ways to tailor your gamepad experience to your personal preferences - from deadzones to cursor speed, its all here.
  • Allow specifying the deadzone & cursor speed for the right and left sticks
  • Allow specifying whether the tile grid is visible using the precision cursor

That's it for now - we hope that these small-but-impactful improvements will help make your Console Terraria experience just that much better! We will have news about future update plans in the upcoming State of the Game articles. :)

Long time console player here! First time posting on the forum just because I wanted to bring attention to an issue on PS4 that Pipeworts studios refuse to compromise on;

Since the launch of 1.3 on consoles via Pipeworks, we have had to use the PC user interface for crafting/inventory. Now I understand that Relogic wanted one version of Terraria across all platforms. The issue with this approach is that many console players play on TVs serval feet away from where they sit. For a game like Terraria with so much text and information on the screen, it's hard to make everything out clearly. Navigating this UI on a controller has never felt good. It's clunky & confusing, while I have gotten used to the UI, it is not user friendly for us console players. The UI on the old gen consoles was actually perfect since it was designed for a controller, as well as easy visibility for playing on a television. It would be a HUGE addition, if there was at the very least an option to toggle between PC UI and Console UI. Mangining inventory and switching items needs to be as easy and seamless as possible due to the sheer amount of time we spend in the UI. While the QOL changes will deftinely improve on that, having this in tandem with a console made UI would make playing the game much more engaging. (These issues are all made worse when playing multiplayer since there is no pausing)

Long time console player here! First time posting on the forum just because I wanted to bring attention to an issue on PS4 that Pipeworts studios refuse to compromise on;

Since the launch of 1.3 on consoles via Pipeworks, we have had to use the PC user interface for crafting/inventory. Now I understand that Relogic wanted one version of Terraria across all platforms. The issue with this approach is that many console players play on TVs serval feet away from where they sit. For a game like Terraria with so much text and information on the screen, it's hard to make everything out clearly. Navigating this UI on a controller has never felt good. It's clunky & confusing, while I have gotten used to the UI, it is not user friendly for us console players. The UI on the old gen consoles was actually perfect since it was designed for a controller, as well as easy visibility for playing on a television. It would be a HUGE addition, if there was at the very least an option to toggle between PC UI and Console UI. Mangining inventory and switching items needs to be as easy and seamless as possible due to the sheer amount of time we spend in the UI. While the QOL changes will deftinely improve on that, having this in tandem with a console made UI would make playing the game much more engaging. (These issues are all made worse when playing multiplayer since there is no pausing)
There is a zoom up option in the settings, I use it just to see easier, but still that old console ui was horrible, and how would we build out of our inventory too? I’m just glad we have the newer style over the old one, that one was just in your face, didn’t pause the game and you couldn’t see if anything was coming for you very well, but yeah I get what you are saying, but I don’t think it would be an easy add in because well pipeworks only came in for 1.3 and had to basically re make the game from scratch cause of how horrible it was(don’t quote me though, although I may know of this from the forums, my memory may Be a bit rusty and wrong)

Happy Thursday, Terrarians!

Out today is the Quality of Life update for Console Terraria that we have mentioned in past State of the Game news articles. Alongside an armful of various bug fixes, the team is proud to be able to bring the following new QOL features to XB1/PS4 Terraria!

MULTIPLAYER QUALITY OF LIFE

View attachment 287300

The team took some time out to address a handful of the most-often-voiced frustrations with Console Terraria Multiplayer. With the features listed below, you can now more easily find games to join, create your own private rooms (no more random people dropping in uninvited!), and your map data will now be persistent for any worlds you join.
  • Save the map data for worlds you join in multiplayer games (Previously, map data would be reset for Clients whenever they rejoined a world hosted by another player)
  • Allow password protected multiplayer games
  • Allow refreshing the "join game" list

index.php

GAMEPAD QUALITY OF LIFE

View attachment 287301
Hope in 1.4 on mobile there will be a dice like on pc you can pick crimson or corruption and seed but anyway good luck to all of you​

<edited by forum staff to fix BBCode quotes>

Last edited by a moderator:
The post doesn't list the bug fixes so i was wonder if a vary specfic local world related bug had been fixed. In said bug if you uncover too much of the map in a large world (untested in medium and small tho unlikely) once you have roughly 75% of the map filled in the game will not save and the auto save flower will not stop spinning. I made a post here on the forums a while back and unfortunately I've yet to see a update on said bug ( link to bug report in question. Xbox One - Saving & Auto Saving problem )

Xbox PlayStation and Nintendo cross play yet?
It is unlikely for this to ever happen, unfortunately. None of them allow their devices to connect to other networks other than their native Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and Nintendo Network. So connecting to a pc running a TerrariaServer will probably never be possible. Microsoft did try to bring Xbox Live connectivity to the Nintendo Switch (through the game Cuphead I think, can't really remember) but seems to have gotten the cold shoulder from Nintendo. There are an SDK available for some other platforms such as pc and Android though.

Edit: By the way, is there a list available somewhere of the bugs that have been fixed?

Last edited:
I just moved the cursor sensitivity to 200% it’s awesome just because of how much I can move now!!! Love it soo much, and thanks for giving us the tile grid option, now I can build without seeing the tile grid only(whenever I’m placing lol) seriously this is just great for me.

I wish they would fix the Meteorite not landing in MP. My friend and I have played over 150 hours on the same world and still no meteorite. Also, at times in Hardmode, there are way too many events happening back to back. Especially, solar eclipses and it gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom