Terraria Quality of Life Update Out Now for XB1/PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unlikely for this to ever happen, unfortunately. None of them allow their devices to connect to other networks other than their native Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and Nintendo Network. So connecting to a pc running a TerrariaServer will probably never be possible. Microsoft did try to bring Xbox Live connectivity to the Nintendo Switch (through the game Cuphead I think, can't really remember) but seems to have gotten the cold shoulder from Nintendo. There are an SDK available for some other platforms such as pc and Android though.

Edit: By the way, is there a list available somewhere of the bugs that have been fixed?
I don't know why they can't do it call of duty and Minecraft have cross play with Xbox and Nintendo and PlayStation just add it more people play on console then pc

I wish they would fix the Meteorite not landing in MP. My friend and I have played over 150 hours on the same world and still no meteorite. Also, at times in Hardmode, there are way too many events happening back to back. Especially, solar eclipses and it gets old.
Well I mean then you are getting bad RNG for the events(although that would be considered lucky because well those are rare to get) so that’s not a big at all

I don't know why they can't do it call of duty and Minecraft have cross play with Xbox and Nintendo and PlayStation just add it more people play on console then pc
That is entirely different. COD uses dedicated servers, and is made by a AAA developer (they get to bend the rules a little). Also I don't think the data is sent between the peers directly (like Terraria do). Everything goes through the server.

I don't really know about Minecraft these days. Last time I played was on the 360. But Microsoft gets to break their own rules.

Long time console player here! First time posting on the forum just because I wanted to bring attention to an issue on PS4 that Pipeworts studios refuse to compromise on;

Since the launch of 1.3 on consoles via Pipeworks, we have had to use the PC user interface for crafting/inventory. Now I understand that Relogic wanted one version of Terraria across all platforms. The issue with this approach is that many console players play on TVs serval feet away from where they sit. For a game like Terraria with so much text and information on the screen, it's hard to make everything out clearly. Navigating this UI on a controller has never felt good. It's clunky & confusing, while I have gotten used to the UI, it is not user friendly for us console players. The UI on the old gen consoles was actually perfect since it was designed for a controller, as well as easy visibility for playing on a television. It would be a HUGE addition, if there was at the very least an option to toggle between PC UI and Console UI. Mangining inventory and switching items needs to be as easy and seamless as possible due to the sheer amount of time we spend in the UI. While the QOL changes will deftinely improve on that, having this in tandem with a console made UI would make playing the game much more engaging. (These issues are all made worse when playing multiplayer since there is no pausing)

i don't like being spoken for as part of a group.

i personally love how terraria works now, and i have no issues.

also, if you have trouble seeing, there IS a UI size scaling option, you know.

I would like to know on a time for mobile as well considering I’ve had the game for god knows how long it’s been on mobile and I’ve been on and off this website to find out if there’s actually gunna be a time or like an estimate at the least so at least most of the people on here who aren’t on console or pc know how long they have to wait

I would like to know on a time for mobile as well considering I’ve had the game for god knows how long it’s been on mobile and I’ve been on and off this website to find out if there’s actually gunna be a time or like an estimate at the least so at least most of the people on here who aren’t on console or pc know how long they have to wait
1. This is for consoles, not really where you should be posting for mobile
2. Hmmm they said it was coming out sometime this year, they don’t know when though.

Can you make a deadzone option for the whole screen because on some TV's the screen gets cut off and I can't see the mana stars or the wiring options on the top left and the controls on the bottom

Thanks!

Long time console player here! First time posting on the forum just because I wanted to bring attention to an issue on PS4 that Pipeworts studios refuse to compromise on;

Since the launch of 1.3 on consoles via Pipeworks, we have had to use the PC user interface for crafting/inventory. Now I understand that Relogic wanted one version of Terraria across all platforms. The issue with this approach is that many console players play on TVs serval feet away from where they sit. For a game like Terraria with so much text and information on the screen, it's hard to make everything out clearly. Navigating this UI on a controller has never felt good. It's clunky & confusing, while I have gotten used to the UI, it is not user friendly for us console players. The UI on the old gen consoles was actually perfect since it was designed for a controller, as well as easy visibility for playing on a television. It would be a HUGE addition, if there was at the very least an option to toggle between PC UI and Console UI. Mangining inventory and switching items needs to be as easy and seamless as possible due to the sheer amount of time we spend in the UI. While the QOL changes will deftinely improve on that, having this in tandem with a console made UI would make playing the game much more engaging. (These issues are all made worse when playing multiplayer since there is no pausing)

I do agree that the inventory / crafting screen isn't the most intuitive thing to use, especially with the feature of being able to select and item and see what you can make from it. For a while it confused me because there's that on the left, then the crafting interface in the centre of the screen. But then I hated the old UI too, and that wouldn't work now especially with the thousands and thousands of items.

One thing I would like to see on X1 - mouse and keyboard support. I really appreciate everything you've done with the controller upgrades, the sensitivity and deadlines are great, but I'd really like KB+M.

I have the game on PC too, but I prefer the Xbox ecosystem and having split screen on the big screen.

Just wanna make sure that this is out there.
So it turns out that the passwords dont work. Me and a friend wanted to create a new world with new characters so we set it up with a password but somehow people still kept joining us. We tried multiple different passwords like: our usernames combined, string of random numbers and letters, and the names of our pets. Every time random people still joined and tried to destroy the world. So i can say for sure that the passwords are not working.

So it turns out that the passwords dont work. Me and a friend wanted to create a new world with new characters so we set it up with a password but somehow people still kept joining us. We tried multiple different passwords like: our usernames combined, string of random numbers and letters, and the names of our pets. Every time random people still joined and tried to destroy the world. So i can say for sure that the passwords are not working.
Hmmm maybe someone is somehow findings out the passwords, also is it set to friends only?
Edit: the friends only might be me thinking of pc

Do you know if it is the same people joining you, or whether these people are all different? Because if it is the same people, then you may possibly have a stalker. If it is random people, then the passwords probably don't work properly, since the passwords you are saying you are using seem pretty secure.

I'm just glad pipeworks will be able to finally begin work on 1.4 for console. DR Studios is almost done developing it, I think.

[QUOTE = "Loki, publicación: 2079968, miembro: 7"]
¡Feliz jueves, terrarios!

Hoy está disponible la actualización de Calidad de vida para Console Terraria que hemos mencionado en artículos de noticias anteriores sobre el estado del juego. Junto con varias correcciones de errores, el equipo se enorgullece de poder traer las siguientes características nuevas de calidad de vida a XB1 / PS4 Terraria.

CALIDAD DE VIDA MULTIJUGADOR

View attachment 287300

El equipo se tomó un tiempo para abordar algunas de las frustraciones más frecuentes con Console Terraria Multiplayer. Con las características que se enumeran a continuación, ahora puede encontrar juegos más fácilmente para unirse, crear sus propias salas privadas (¡no más personas al azar que ingresen sin invitación!), Y sus datos de mapa ahora serán persistentes para cualquier mundo al que se una.
  • Guarde los datos del mapa de los mundos a los que se une en juegos multijugador (anteriormente, los datos del mapa se restablecían para los Clientes cada vez que se reincorporaban a un mundo alojado por otro jugador)
  • Permitir juegos multijugador protegidos con contraseña
  • Permitir actualizar la lista "unirse al juego"

index.php

CALIDAD DE VIDA DE GAMEPAD

View attachment 287301

Igualmente importante, y a menudo solicitada, es la capacidad de personalizar la sensibilidad de los sticks / cursor en el gamepad. Con esta última actualización, tiene varias formas de adaptar la experiencia del gamepad a sus preferencias personales, desde las zonas muertas hasta la velocidad del cursor, todo está aquí.
  • Permitir especificar la zona muerta y la velocidad del cursor para los sticks derecho e izquierdo
  • Permitir especificar si la cuadrícula de mosaicos es visible usando el cursor de precisión

Eso es todo por ahora; esperamos que estas pequeñas pero impactantes mejoras ayuden a que su experiencia con Console Terraria sea mucho mejor. Tendremos noticias sobre futuros planes de actualización en los próximos artículos sobre el estado del juego. :)
[/CITAR]
Happy Thursday, Terrarians!

Out today is the Quality of Life update for Console Terraria that we have mentioned in past State of the Game news articles. Alongside an armful of various bug fixes, the team is proud to be able to bring the following new QOL features to XB1/PS4 Terraria!

MULTIPLAYER QUALITY OF LIFE

View attachment 287300

The team took some time out to address a handful of the most-often-voiced frustrations with Console Terraria Multiplayer. With the features listed below, you can now more easily find games to join, create your own private rooms (no more random people dropping in uninvited!), and your map data will now be persistent for any worlds you join.
  • Save the map data for worlds you join in multiplayer games (Previously, map data would be reset for Clients whenever they rejoined a world hosted by another player)
  • Allow password protected multiplayer games
  • Allow refreshing the "join game" list

index.php

GAMEPAD QUALITY OF LIFE

View attachment 287301

Equally important - and often requested - is the ability to customize the sensitivity of the sticks/cursor on the gamepad. With this latest update, you have a number of ways to tailor your gamepad experience to your personal preferences - from deadzones to cursor speed, its all here.
  • Allow specifying the deadzone & cursor speed for the right and left sticks
  • Allow specifying whether the tile grid is visible using the precision cursor

That's it for now - we hope that these small-but-impactful improvements will help make your Console Terraria experience just that much better! We will have news about future update plans in the upcoming State of the Game articles. :)

Out today is the Quality of Life update for Console Terraria that we have mentioned in past State of the Game news articles. Alongside an armful of various bug fixes, the team is proud to be able to bring the following new QOL features to XB1/PS4 Terraria!

View attachment 287300

The team took some time out to address a handful of the most-often-voiced frustrations with Console Terraria Multiplayer. With the features listed below, you can now more easily find games to join, create your own private rooms (no more random people dropping in uninvited!), and your map data will now be persistent for any worlds you join.
  • Save the map data for worlds you join in multiplayer games (Previously, map data would be reset for Clients whenever they rejoined a world hosted by another player)

index.php

View attachment 287300

index.php

GAMEPAD QUALITY OF LIFE

View attachment 287301

Equally important - and often requested - is the ability to customize the sensitivity of the sticks/cursor on the gamepad. With this latest update, you have a number of ways to tailor your gamepad experience to your personal preferences - from deadzones to cursor speed, its all here.

That's it for now - we hope that these small-but-impactful improvements will help make your Console Terraria experience just that much better! We will have news about future update plans in the upcoming State of the Game articles. :)

F

This was actually something that we checked directly on our test kits at RL (at least on XB1) in all permutations we could come up with (no password, wrong password, etc) and everything worked precisely as designed.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Ждем, ждем, ждем ...
Мультиплеер в любой игре - отличная идея, потому что гораздо лучше играть с кем-то, чем в одиночку.

View attachment 287300

index.php

GAMEPAD QUALITY OF LIFE

View attachment 287301

Hey, anyone know if this is on ns yet? Ive waited for sensitivity for a while now, because smart cursor is too sensitive and reacts to movement, while basic cursor feels so slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom