tModLoader Terraria : Revolt Mod (WIP)

What do you look for in a Terraria mod’s development?

• Quality content over Quantity

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Quantity Filler over Quality

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Staight-Up Boss Fights

• Content that matters

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Everything being awesome

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A Presence

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Unique Mechanics

• Bad*ss Music

• Good Lookin’ Sprites

• Decoration

• Proper Execution of Plans

• Vanity

• Multiplayer Compatibility

• Fun

• Calamity Clone xdxdxd

• Total voters

Arcadia

Official Terrarian
After about a few weeks of getting back into modding, and some people offering to help, I believe it's time that I show you guys my lasting project.

Terraria : Revolt is a mod that aims to bring not just weapons and items, but quality content that has a purpose in it's placement in the game.
As I program this project of mines every weekend, I don't have a planned release date. But it's better to release a good mod and make a first impression than to uhh...
Release it broken.

I am looking for GOOD spriters, because i'm aware this forum has a sprawl of good to bad spriters. Hopefully reconstruction will be successful, as i've been working on Lancerion for the past few weeks... Speaking of which, he may get an original resprite soon, so stay tuned.

Here are some sprites that my team worked on.
unknown.png

Lancerion_Hold.png

This is the spritesheet for the mod's first boss. Not impressive, but if you know who made it, he animates VERY well.
Here's a small MP4 that I made. The music isn't in-game, it's from my browser. "Running Hell" from Cave Story.
The boss theme is currently Old One's Army.

Thanks to Eldrazi for the Teleportation and code overhaul
Since I won't have any other videos until I get home, here's some sprites that the following people have created :
-Cooper (Made Lancerion above, nothing in this section)
-More Contributors soon.
There were some other sprites referring to books. I'll get back to you on that.

We work slowly, but during Christmas I will get more time to do work.

Be free to join our discord! It's a giant meme right now but hopefully I can gain traction.
https://discord.gg/YG2yBX9

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool, I like the Lancerion AI. Can't wait to see more from this mod

Thanks! I wrote *most of the AI functions myself, but apparently he doesn’t feel too much like a legit boss yet. Mirsario and some others suggested that I add screen shake and a dash attack, as well as telegraphing when he’ll use his spear throwing attack.

Added a fun, giant poll that has all the options to vote for. Any option can be chosen, but be real with yourself and find your truest, deepest desires...

Major Progress Update 10/13/2018

Due to the layoff of half our team, and their wishes to cut their content out of the mod, I have only Lancerion, a book pet, and an unrelated book for the mod.

Even more happened Update 10/15/2018

A major animator left the team as to work on high priority things. He means well for the mod, but that means content will be put on hold. I only have one other spriter. RIP me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom