tModLoader Terraria Reworked

Do you like it?

• Yes

• No (if so, why?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Katniss hasn't been around since mid july, 2 months ago.
I don't think it is...
If you are interested, I've found answer to my question long ago. Here is author's answer from YouTube.

Sorry for some russian text in YouTube interface.

Attachments

• 2019-09-19_20.06.32.jpg
    2019-09-19_20.06.32.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 265
If you are interested, I've found answer to my question long ago. Here is author's answer from YouTube.

Sorry for some russian text in YouTube interface.
Right...
I think this calls for a thread lock, this is evident enough.
If he returns, he can request it to be unlocked.

Sigh

WHAT IS THIS? A REVIVAL?!
Mind is the BLOWN, welcome back!
I'm not going to say any promises, since I don't want to disappoint anyone, but I'll try to lurk here sometime and maybe tinker with the mod. Currently I have 2 projects running (Terraria Reworked and an unrelated RTS game) so it will be hard to balance it.

New biome counterparts already added?
Nope, but I've been thinking about how the Cessation would look like (worldgen perspective mostly), and how to actually generate it the way I want.
I might just make a "Tobbvald's Tinkering" Contagion clone, that'd be much easier.

Then I'd need to look into editing the GUI (that's the hard part). Unfortunately the tModLoader's documentation is mostly useless (too little info) for almost everything I tried to use it for, so I don't have very high hopes. If someone can point me somewhere I'll be thankful.

#Edit

And I need to update all of the sprites on the wiki too...
Why did I do it to myself..

Nope, but I've been thinking about how the Cessation would look like (worldgen perspective mostly), and how to actually generate it the way I want.
I might just make a "Tobbvald's Tinkering" Contagion clone, that'd be much easier.

Then I'd need to look into editing the GUI (that's the hard part). Unfortunately the tModLoader's documentation is mostly useless (too little info) for almost everything I tried to use it for, so I don't have very high hopes. If someone can point me somewhere I'll be thankful.

#Edit

And I need to update all of the sprites on the wiki too...
Why did I do it to myself..
You really need to find team

Started work on Cessation today! It's the 3rd evil biome equivalent to Corruption & Crimson.

Currently it generates in the same way as Corruption, but the generated tiles/walls are replaced to their cessated(?) counterparts.
The grass was kind of a pain due to different framing rules (sprite sheet), but I managed to get it to work.

Generates when you select the "random" option (100% of the time). I still have no clue how to edit that button, but at least I can interface it.
HVnKu3G.png

Bonus - Demon Hammer and Crimson Hammer - 'Strong enough to destroy Hallowed Altars':
6Zugtdk.png

4bve4mr.png

#Edit

Each took me like 3 minutes to make

UICzz63.png

blEIhym.png

Last edited:
Started work on Cessation today! It's the 3rd evil biome equivalent to Corruption & Crimson.

Currently it generates in the same way as Corruption, but the generated tiles/walls are replaced to their cessated(?) counterparts.
The grass was kind of a pain due to different framing rules (sprite sheet), but I managed to get it to work.

Generates when you select the "random" option (100% of the time). I still have no clue how to edit that button, but at least I can interface it.
HVnKu3G.png

Bonus - Demon Hammer and Crimson Hammer - 'Strong enough to destroy Hallowed Altars':
6Zugtdk.png

4bve4mr.png

#Edit

Each took me like 3 minutes to make

UICzz63.png

blEIhym.png
Looks like corruption replacer

This mod looks great, and tbh I agree vanilla late-game isn't that great after golem (kinda sad he's getting removed too tho). The one thing I will say is that it's WAY too similar to avalon, to the point where it looks like a avalon port that's been slightly tweaked to be a different mod. Most of the content here will be in the avalon port when it eventually releases. I'd rename the avalon content and change the visuals a bit (maybe change oblivion skulls' eye colors for example) so that it isn't the same exact content.

To show what I mean, this mod includes:

Superhardmode: one of avalon's signature additions

The hellcastle: a major structure in avalon

Caesium: a similar-looking ore that's mined the same way

Berserker gear: a vital avalon ore that looks nearly identical and is in the same place in progression

Oblivion: One of avalon's main bosses

If I didn't know about avalon development I'd think this is an official port, and I can imagine there's going to be quite a bit of confusion when this mod becomes larger.

EDIT: To clarify I'm not accusing you of theft or anything like that; I just think it's way too similar to the point where it's difficult to see what content belongs to which mod. The general style and way content is implemented is different, so if it got changed to not have the same exact name and appearance it'd just be inspiration. A good example is how many mods "copied" desert beak but change the AI, apperance, and name to the point where it's an entirely different boss/character.

Back
Top Bottom