tModLoader Terraria Reworked

Do you like it?

• Yes

• No (if so, why?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Katniss

Skeletron
qzg8zPB.png

The Terraria Reworked is basically a compilation of various ideas that I like, packed together into a coherent and balanced mod.
It isn’t designed to be compatible with other big mods. A lot of different things throughout the playthrough are added, changed and removed from the original game.
In the end it should be a pretty unique experience as most of the mods just add on top of the vanilla Terraria, and not completely change the playthrough.

wtXXfrM.png

CURRENT FEATURES

- 104 brand new items
tmLhFoI.png
xczGzA2.png
mTqJEPs.png
ZRrxYto.png

i9wSqq9.png
h2mr9r8.png
T3LjSfP.png
4NVJHc0.png

mmyOeWP.png
rVd1Muh.png
Y9ml1Hu.png

RApsjlb.png
BR8FFpD.png
fBN1qHa.png

Ay10cYm.png
Y0dSkiE.png
fBN1qHa.png

yKfBQOX.png
DVj17NT.png
na2QtfZ.png

KXEtWp5.png
oM86g9q.png
p9ZGsYa.png
nAxiiaq.png

evF3dLA.png

ta3Af4M.png
xOORNnF.png
D06JD8w.png
9MfEBf0.png
fYPvDHm.png

URwycS3.png
UxeptdT.png
gfuyvQ2.png

mJYLA1C.png

iV4Oyrb.png
SmzPnhz.png
XfN3qMl.png

danuM2c.png
jGF7cpE.png
oR0pcvx.png
UxXgUey.png
Z1XeElj.png

oj8D2l6.png
hLXfj3t.png
6bSSaMQ.png
tS0f3gy.png
CUnUGPK.png

n8CTQk9.png
K9luYGj.png
sGd27if.png
njLsjJL.png
zTEplOw.png

mw2bIad.png
8AuXDD3.png
lzIdf4L.png
7eU60i5.png
yMrOohv.png

zsr9KHM.png
1Zz8MlN.png
6F9F1xo.png
FVXnktM.png
dQ2TKhh.png
X0Id46d.png

TPKAA6u.png
UOSf83z.png
nsprZ7O.png
Jghrkfr.png
DmwHiCi.png

N7jqkbr.png
QB0r6yL.png
H58Ux5p.png
fyA49Ir.png

0wIil9x.png
sgdKnjw.png

sr0MoKM.png

CAtfR82.png
UNmsNK3.png
tLWgRaL.png

oxz7TwW.png
pVAwEiA.png
ncJuqy6.png
YY6pgW2.png

4aYgKr7.png

NuKbVCg.png
KtPCv45.png

ZVvoAKP.png
orU4sga.png
4V4klyR.png
- 16 new tiles
0nh8Qxs.png
SRZEDbs.png

RTTd9dy.png
CgrdGYs.png
7JpfRlg.png
XhWjxZi.png

FvETKVx.png
uiU8KQr.png
XV7kTxr.png

ylsaBAg.png
XxiaV4L.png
- 3 new NPCs
5nYoAqp.png
gGF4dSo.png
bOFN1KJ.png

lKkGZqR.png
asGW2MM.png
y7wiNzw.png
- Chlorophyte renamed to Caesium and resprited
- Resprites of vanilla items (mostly palette changes and beautification)
UkkBXr3.png
vtpmpnx.png

HsPi8bv.png
jiSs2Z9.png

ZlMg2MG.png
4xM6iAi.png

ta3Af4M.png

IQh9kLY.png
YzifPSc.png
gWAyRGr.png
RMRkGDJ.png

tY96Mgd.png
xf5hKTn.png

xH1AIlv.png

yKpmBHy.png
58B3WuA.png
lAud9Ta.png

oxz7TwW.png
- Removal of Lihzahrd Temple, Lunatic Cultist and Moon Lord-related items, NPCs, etc.
- You start with Wooden Sword, Wooden Pickaxe, Wooden Axe and some of other stuff.

wtXXfrM.png

PLANNED FEATURES

- New items, tiles, NPCs, and more
- 3 different playthroughs
- The Rail - new boss, initiating SHM upon death
- Hellcastle - new SHM dungeon, with a boss inside
- The Jörmungandr - new final boss, summoned at the hellcastle's altar
- Resprites of mech bosses (will be more rustic-looking)
- More resprites of Vanilla items
- Full roadmap here: tModLoader - Terraria Reworked

wtXXfrM.png

DOWNLOAD

TerrariaReworked v0.0.3

wtXXfrM.png

WIKI
(LOADS of sprites and additional info is there)

TerrariaReworked Wiki

wtXXfrM.png

SCREENSHOTS

Oblivion Eye

1st stage of the Oblivion boss.
VXmTzyM.png

Timechanger
Hardmode item. Switches between the night and day.
17L8yPy.png

Clockwork Megashark
2 megasharks connected by some gears, enchancing rate of fire (also visible - coal)
(Old sprite).
neaOdAJ.png

Clockwork Megalodon
Similar to Clockwork Megashark, but even more powerful, endgame item
(Old sprite).
kGzOkUZ.gif

Oblivion Greatsword
New superhardmode sword. has a chance to inflict Oblivion debuff (deals massive damage).
gpmwNCc.png

Berserker ore, anvil, sword and mace (more to come)
New superhardmode, endgame ore.
wm5Q3k0.png

33J6v65.png

Bloodshot Eye
New enemy, drops Bloodshot lens (will be used in crafting in the future).
vmpkh1H.png

If you think, you can contribute (mostly by making NPC sprites, but any help helps) feel free to PM me!
Also, if you disagree with something I've done, comment below!
Bug reports will be very much appreciated.​

Last edited:
ROADMAP THING!

For most up-to-date description of what it will be like to play the mod, check the Playthroughs (WARNING! SPOILERS!)

wtXXfrM.png
The 3 separate, different playthroughs, identified by the Evil-Good Biome Pair of your world:
  • Corruption - Hallow
  • Crimson - Perennity
  • Cessation - Persistence
Those playthroughs will be tied directly to the evil/good biome pair of the world. And the evil/good biome power struggle will become more important than ever before!
And should be much more unique to justify spending the time, essentially playing through the mod 2 more times.
Obtaining the best weapons, tools and armor set will require all 3 playthroughs to be fully completed.
The 3rd evil biome will be coming, as well as a distinct adversary for each of them.
(The core idea is based on Tobbvald's Tinkering, but my implementation will be much different)​

wtXXfrM.png
The 3 different, distinct sets of terra-equivalent equipment for the different playthroughs:
These sets will all have their own pros and cons, and will be balanced in the playthrough as well as in respect to each other.
From them (and a lot of other materials), the player will be able to craft the most powerful set of equipment ever seen in the lands of Terraria, all of that to face the ultimate foe - The World Serpent, The Jörmungandr​

wtXXfrM.png
Changes in ore generation:
Addition of a new, 3rd counterpart to the random ores.
Generated ores will no longer be randomized, instead, they will depend fully on the Evil-Good Biome Combo of the world.
wtXXfrM.png
The biome-related Spazmatism changes:
In Corruption - Hallow, (Spazmatism) it stays the same
In Crimson - Perennity, (Sclerepungant) it spews ichor
In Cessation - Persistence, (Astigmaspaz) it spews miasma (placeholder name, please suggest ideas)

wtXXfrM.png
The Superhardmode:
'The Rail has been derailed!'
'The ancient spirits of x and y are now waging war with each other.'
In simple terms, an even harder/later version of the Hardmode.
It will be activated when The Rail is defeated for the first time (similarly to the Hardmode and WoF).​
wtXXfrM.png
The Rail:
A new boss, kind of like a mechanical WoF.
Defeating it will activate the superhardmode, pushing the ancient spirits into war with each other.​

wtXXfrM.png
The Hellcastle:
Generating deep under the jungle, the ruins of what was often described in legends as a temple of gods, now decaying and barely keeping magical powers in the realm stable.
There the player, by smashing the altar and destabilising the magic, will awake the mod's final boss, The World Serpent, The Jörmungandr.
It will also be the player's first stop after derailing The Rail and entering Superhardmode.​

wtXXfrM.png
Changes to the vanilla bosses:
The vanilla bosses are boring, have small selection of attacks and can be dealt with pretty easily. I plan on expanding mostly the available attacks patterns and making the bosses use more of them in different stages of the fight.​

wtXXfrM.png
The World Serpent, The Jörmungandr:
Mod's final boss, The World Serpent. Defeating him will mark the true end of your playthrough. And he wouldn't be easy to defeat.​

Last edited:
Update!

Alpha build 0.0.1 is here!
Info about what's in the mod is on the wiki! (may be not 100% accurate, as the wiki contains information about the final, yet to be released version of the mod)

TerrariaReworked v0.0.1

Please post any encountered bugs or weird behaviour in the comments.

Yeah, the mod is in part based on the Avalon, and I still haven't changed some of the placeholders (I'm working on that though)
Here's the old (Avalon) and my new, not yet implemented Berserker Blade sprite.
DwvdSYE.png
Hu9sZ23.png
New sprite looks really nice!

I'm working on a new boss (Oblivion) for the v0.0.2. Will be quite a bit different than the Avalon's (tconfig) one. It will take a while tho.
Already has simple follow AI.
Oblivion

An early version of the superhardmode (SHM) is going to debut in this version too.

"- Removal of Lihzahrd Temple, Lunatic Cultist and Moon Lord-related items, NPCs, etc."

But why...? It is like forcing Terraria back to 1.1 so that the mod stuff makes sense. Nothing aganist your decision, but I feel like the new stuff should come in harmony with the vanilla stuff...

"- Removal of Lihzahrd Temple, Lunatic Cultist and Moon Lord-related items, NPCs, etc."

But why...? It is like forcing Terraria back to 1.1 so that the mod stuff makes sense. Nothing aganist your decision, but I feel like the new stuff should come in harmony with the vanilla stuff...
It's getting removed because I feel like I've got a better way to do endgame. Also I don't like futuristic, cosmic theme of The Martians and Celestial Pillars/Moon Lord.
For me, Terraria had better endgame feel before 1.3. Only less Items, but I can (and I'm going to) add more to replace the lost ones.

As the name of the mod states. "Terraria Reworked", you should expect some things to be well, redone. And that's what I'm doing, Remaking endgame, but better. At least better for me.

You should check the 2nd post for the roadmap of the mod, and tell me what you think about it.

Last edited:
It's getting removed because I feel like I've got a better way to do endgame. Also I don't like futuristic, cosmic theme of The Martians and Celestial Pillars/Moon Lord.
For me, Terraria had better endgame feel before 1.3. Only less Items, but I can (and I'm going to) add more to replace the lost ones.

As the name of the mod states. "Terraria Reworked", you should expect some things to be well, redone. And that's what I'm doing, Remaking endgame, but better. At least better for me.

You should check the 2nd post for the roadmap of the mod, and tell me what you think about it.

Terraria always was a game of a lot of things, from mechanical to cosmic, from evil to hallow and I am not sure if that should change.

besides, regarding the whole Avalon stuff, you DO know that there is an Avalon in development for tModLoader?

Terraria always was a game of a lot of things, from mechanical to cosmic, from evil to hallow and I am not sure if that should change.

besides, regarding the whole Avalon stuff, you DO know that there is an Avalon in development for tModLoader?
Well, I'm only removing things of the cosmic/futuristic theme. But if you don't like it, then I don't feel this is a mod for you.

Yes I do know that there's an Avalon coming for tmodLoader. It's quite a bit different from the original one though. And I'm definetly NOT copying it or any other version of it (If you thought that's what I'm doing). That would be disrespectful.

Well, I'm only removing things of the cosmic/futuristic theme. But if you don't like it, then I don't feel this is a mod for you.

Yes I do know that there's an Avalon coming for tmodLoader. It's quite a bit different from the original one though. And I'm definetly NOT copying it or any other version of it (If you thought that's what I'm doing). That would be disrespectful.

Maybe you should replace mechanical bosses then. For example, to Hallowed trio (because it is strange a bit that mechanical bosses drop hallowed bars). Also maybe you should add Palladium/Cobalt workbench for hardcore recipes, which use workbench as a crafting station because Palladium and cobalt aren't as useful as other hardcore ores and we upgrade our anvil and forge but don't upgrade workbench.

Maybe you should replace mechanical bosses then. For example, to Hallowed trio (because it is strange a bit that mechanical bosses drop hallowed bars). Also maybe you should add Palladium/Cobalt workbench for hardcore recipes, which use workbench as a crafting station because Palladium and cobalt aren't as useful as other hardcore ores and we upgrade our anvil and forge but don't upgrade workbench.
The mech bosses will be changed into something more steampunky, rusted looking. With more flesh and only enough (rusted and used) metal to "make them work".
I agree that hallowed bars' drop from mech bosses is a bit strange (they don't identify with the hallow), and and they will be chnaged to be crafted from ore generated after smashing hallowed altars (or whatever the hallow-counterpart of your current world will be).

There will also be an evil-biome counterpart for the hallowed ore. Generated upon smashing demon/crimson altars.

As for a hardmode workbench, there will be a "Resistant Workbench" for some more advanced superhardmode recipes. No cobalt/palladium one for HM though.
Agree that Cobalt/Mythril-tiered ores aren't really useful, any ideas how it might be changed?

I have also thought about locking your ore type (Copper, Tin, Brass), (Iron, Lead, Zinc), (Silver, Tungsten, Nickel), (Gold, Platinum, Chromium), (Cobalt, Palladium, Iridium), (Mythril, Orichalcum, Vanadium), (Adamantite, Titanium, Thorium) to the evil-good biome combo.
So for Corruption/Purity worlds you'd have Copper, for Crimson/Hallow you'd have Tin and for Contagion/Covert there will be Brass (and yes I know that the Brass is an alloy and shouldn't really have an ore, but whatever).

Back
Top Bottom