tModLoader Terraria Reworked

Do you like it?

• Yes

• No (if so, why?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Will makes act like slow swords with great knockback or will they do something more unique. Anyway, adding more variety to item sets is nice suggestion. And if it is Terraria REWORKED, will you add throwing class again? It would be cool then because it will be changed to wanted in 1.3.6. Also maybe you should expand granite and marble biomes by making them have more things but reduce amount of them? Then, you will make good mini biomes and they won't take too much space? By the way, do you have permission to use Avalon ideas? Because other way it is forbidden even if you modify them. Also maybe you should also add heaven as a counterpart to hallowed biome? Because Crimson has counterpart and hallowed biome doesn't.

In terms of the Post-Plantera stuff: maybe have the option to reimpliment all that stuff as an option in the Mod Configs? IMO it's not Terraria 1.3 without Moon Lord and whatnot.

This does seem promising otherwise though.

Will makes act like slow swords with great knockback or will they do something more unique. Anyway, adding more variety to item sets is nice suggestion. And if it is Terraria REWORKED, will you add throwing class again? It would be cool then because it will be changed to wanted in 1.3.6. Also maybe you should expand granite and marble biomes by making them have more things but reduce amount of them? Then, you will make good mini biomes and they won't take too much space? By the way, do you have permission to use Avalon ideas? Because other way it is forbidden even if you modify them. Also maybe you should also add heaven as a counterpart to hallowed biome? Because Crimson has counterpart and hallowed biome doesn't.

The maces are basically slower swords with good knockback and have a chance to inflict Confused debuff (makes enemies run away). Check the wiki for more specific info and stats (It's already there even though the update isn't available yet).

I don't really like the throwing class, but who knows, maybe.

Granite and marble biomes were removed because of the space thay took up underground. I want to free some of the space for new ores, structures and maybe my own biomes (replacements) too.

And I'm actually trying to make the mod as little of a copy of anything as possible, in the final release you probably wouldn't see any real similarities to Avalon.

The evil-good biome pairs will be a thing. 3 of them to be exact (not more, it'd get boring really soon):
Corruption - Hallow
Crimson - Perennity
Cessation - Persistence
Cessation will be a dark-greenish, death-themed biome and Persistence will be kind of that perfect life-rich, utopia you often see in dream scenes. It (Persistence) will be really unique and it's hard to describe.

After playing through all 3 biome pairs and defeating final boss (The Jörmungandr) in at least one of them, you'll get an opportunity to craft the most powerful weapons/tools in the mod.

The 3 playthroughs should be very different from each other, so if you have any ideas, please post them below.

I also plan on making the ore types locked to the playthrough (so e.g. Corruption/Hallow would get Copper, Crimson/Perennity - Tin and Cessation/Persistence - Brass) And yes, I know that Brass doesn't have an ore irl, but who cares, it's a game.
In terms of the Post-Plantera stuff: maybe have the option to reimpliment all that stuff as an option in the Mod Configs? IMO it's not Terraria 1.3 without Moon Lord and whatnot.

This does seem promising otherwise though.

Nope, for my reasoning see the massive changes in the playghtoughs written above. Well it's not Terraria 1.3, nor 1.2, nor 1.1, nor any other Vanilla Terraria.

Last edited:
Terraria Reworked - I'm very interested in the Development of this Mod right now.
Currently, I like the ideas of expanding on existing features and changing how some of the Default / Core Gameplay works.
Although I may be working with @Katniss : I'm enjoying every new sprite and every new teaser Katniss reveals to us!

New textures for Megalodon and Clockwork Megalodon
Nyw2AXW.png
4jbILVW.png

As well as the Eye of Oblivion (summon for the Oblivion boss)
BMRgoWh.png

New textures for Megalodon and Clockwork Megalodon
Nyw2AXW.png
4jbILVW.png

As well as the Eye of Oblivion (summon for the Oblivion boss)
BMRgoWh.png
Those new textures for the Megalodon look great! I've noticed that you used some of my design.
As for the Eye of Oblivion (summon for the Oblivion boss) - Looks great! I feel that some of the middle section is missing some variety.
Anyway, I like it so far!

Those new textures for the Megalodon look great! I've noticed that you used some of my design.
As for the Eye of Oblivion (summon for the Oblivion boss) - Looks great! I feel that some of the middle section is missing some variety.
Anyway, I like it so far!
No, I haven't used any of your sprites for the Megalodon / Clockwork Megalodon.

Also, here's the rough Oblivion Eye part of the Oblivion bossfight
(yeah, those lag spikes are driving me mad too, for some reason those only happen when I'm on the ground (Vanilla as well as modded) and only sometimes).
Eye's texture is a placeholder.

No, I haven't used any of your sprites for the Megalodon / Clockwork Megalodon.

Also, here's the rough Oblivion Eye part of the Oblivion bossfight
(yeah, those lag spikes are driving me mad too, for some reason those only happen when I'm on the ground (Vanilla as well as modded) and only sometimes).
Eye's texture is a placeholder.
That's something I'd look into. I've had a similar problem with a Boss Fight on my WIP mod.
I fixed it by going through the properties of the Boss and checking to make sure nothing is set to high numbers. (crazy high numbers)
Sometimes I can miss out something and this can break the performance.

That's something I'd look into. I've had a similar problem with a Boss Fight on my WIP mod.
I fixed it by going through the properties of the Boss and checking to make sure nothing is set to high numbers. (crazy high numbers)
Sometimes I can miss out something and this can break the performance.
The thing is, that it happens on Vanilla too. ;) And only when the player's feet are touching the ground.
And only sometimes, most of the times when I open the game, everything is totally fine.

But yeah, whatever.

Update!

Alpha build 0.0.2 - 'Superhardmode Update' is here!
Info about what's in the mod is on the wiki! (may be not 100% accurate, as the wiki contains information about the final, yet to be released version of the mod)

Notable changes include:
- Addition of the Oblivion Eye (first stage of the Oblivion boss)
- Addition Superhardmode (at the moment activated when the Oblivion Eye is killed)
- Addition of maces
- Many resprites
- Placed material bars no longer duplicate

TerrariaReworked v0.0.2

Please post any encountered bugs or weird behaviour (especially on multiplayer) in the comments.

@Edit

New sprites coming in v0.0.3!
Iron:
Shortsword
dON8EBp.png
>
Z7CEzYX.png

Broadsword
VpGLvt2.png
>
KkTdNJy.png

Pickaxe
M93K0TY.png
>
1oMXnuf.png

Axe
IGMttA4.png
>
EEBy6PY.png

Hammer
HBEeYkZ.png
>
EGWQydi.png

Bow
Cs8OPKm.png
>
FX980qp.png

Mace
uOtaNEQ.png

Spear
SasqL33.png

Flail
sKJrlpJ.png

@Edit #2

And changes to the Oblivion Eye.
- Now has that shadow trail thing
- 3 phases instead of 2.

Last edited:
I proudly present to you, mostly final sprites for the Oblivion Eye:
rixQO7D.png
aSOEg4R.png
8EcF9ZX.png

And WIP sprites for the heads:
PCW5PD7.png
9zOssYP.png

You are going to see them in v0.0.3!

Wait, are you recreating Oblivion fight from Avalon for tConfig on 1.1.2 version?
Cuz nostalgia hits hard man :thumbsup:
Idk if I missed you mentioning that you are remaking that fight specificly or not, so sorry in advance.

Wait, are you recreating Oblivion fight from Avalon for tConfig on 1.1.2 version?
Cuz nostalgia hits hard man :thumbsup:
Idk if I missed you mentioning that you are remaking that fight specificly or not, so sorry in advance.
Not really. It's just the name and basic design (eye + 2 skulls) that's from Avalon.
The arms for the skull phase will be different - 6 of them in total, 2 "phases" for each arm.
As well as the AI will be completely different. Avalon had really primitive and weird boss AI, kind of a mix of vanilla boss and a couple of custom stuff mixed in.

I also plan on expanding and redoing some parts of Vanilla bosses, if that interests you.

I also plan on expanding and redoing some parts of Vanilla bosses, if that interests you.
yeah, i read that you plan on gutting some of vanilla stuff.

Wierd choice for ModLoader API(because the general idea is being able to use many mods without much conflict), but interesting nonetheless.

yeah, i read that you plan on gutting some of vanilla stuff.

Wierd choice for ModLoader API(because the general idea is being able to use many mods without much conflict), but interesting nonetheless.

By the "mod isn't designed to work with other mods" I meant that it's possible that another mod would change something removed or changed by the Terraria Reworked.
I'm not going to try to prevent any bugs/weird behaviour introduced by that specifically. That'd be just a waste of my own sanity.

Smaller and simple mods (such as bossbars, informative stuff, simple content mods, etc) however, should still work.

And maybe it's a bit weird to use a mod loader instead of doing it standalone, but it's my first real mod and I don't know anyone knowledgable who'd be willing to help - I'd have to find everything out myself, by looking at the Terraria source, learn to compile the thing, and so on. And it's not a bad thing, but I just don't want to do that. There are some drawbacks tho (i.e. you can't simply edit a vanilla method (at least I don't really know how to do that without going deep in the IL stuff), class, etc. in the tmod) but it's still pretty ok.

Yeah, while standalone would be nicer in a sense that you make sure people will experience it 100% as you meant it to be experience without interference of other mods, working on it w/ tMod saves your sanity(and time).

Standalone is more powerful, but also harder.

Anyway...
New spoilers, new sprites, hurray:
Spears & Flails
(All brand new palettes, vanilla stuff is getting palette-swaps and resprites too)
rVd1Muh.png
HvqCNwN.png

2tsO6w0.png
USggyKH.png

vHL8KGZ.png
yC9UrPj.png

wVVTG0W.png
OCgv6R7.png

Y0dSkiE.png
O9iqxQY.png

Fo9VI6Q.png
AU5tK7y.png

DVj17NT.png
PsRpJay.png

iBciV8t.png
Tol9mlU.png
The wiki is also updated to feature these.

@Edit

New sprites for hardmode ore items.
p69PRCZ.png
>
UA3xkGY.png

lcIMmrR.png
>
UqHYS87.png

c0ycviX.png
>
38s3BBI.png

R9zPMWS.png
>
0PlBRGK.png

qRwS27b.png
>
P82CjdF.png

i1LcPap.png
>
uc1xXm3.png

Last edited:
Working on new sprites for power tools (HM/SHM).
Will be less futuristic and more primitive/medieval/steampunk in style.
J1GbW5y.png
jGF7cpE.png

gvdrz28.png
oR0pcvx.png
@Edit
xw6Jt6b.png
K9luYGj.png

JJLUyEF.png
sGd27if.png
@Edit #2
gVyRl6C.png
6F9F1xo.png