Terraria rip-offs?

See questions in thread (there's three questions, but you can only have one in a poll).

• 3) Terraria is not good enough to rip off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cyanopsia

King Slime
Well, Terraria is a really good game, and it's pretty popular. It's inevitable that someone would want to cash in.

That being said, I haven't really noticed any rip-offs of Terraria anywhere (unless you include Starbound as a rip-off). I mean, it seems like at least one developer would've attempted it by now, no? So here's what I'm asking:

1) Do you know of any Terraria rip-offs (besides Starbound)?
2) Do you think Starbound is a Terraria rip-off?
3) Do you think Terraria is good enough to rip off?

This isn't an attempt to find games to criticise or anything. I'm just curious about what you guys think of this.

Terraria clones/inspirations/whatever according to GOG comments:
  • Pixel Piracy
  • Windforge (Publisher even says: "Contra-style action mixed with the creative fun of Terraria.")
Not surprisingly, both have really bad reviews and scores.

I've seen a lot of mobile rip-offs of Terraria, naturally. And you won't believe how many rip-offs there are of Minecraft on mobile, whew boy.

Terraria clones/inspirations/whatever according to GOG comments:
  • Pixel Piracy
  • Windforge (Publisher even says: "Contra-style action mixed with the creative fun of Terraria.")
Not surprisingly, both have really bad reviews and scores.

You do understand that Re-logic also published Pixel Piracy, right? And the game barely even feels or plays like Terraria anyhow.

1. I don't have mobile, so, no... Minecraft is other genre after all, so...

2. It's a separate game, but takes inspiration from Terraria... Still, it isn't rip-off...

3. Possibly yes, but Red wouldn't allow it...

You do understand that Re-logic also published Pixel Piracy, right? And the game barely even feels or plays like Terraria anyhow.
Yes, Re-Logic published it. But Re-Logic didn't develop it. Besides, I also added "according to GOG comments"... I personally don't consider Pixel Piracy to be anything like Terraria outside of maybe graphical style.

Search terraria on mobile and scroll down, you'll see quite the matierial to look at.

Let's just create one out of fun.

Wierd Looking Character that is out of artstyle
A bunch of blocks that have no different terrain generation, so it all looks the same with different colors
sword, pickaxe, axe
no bosses
generic zombie

you have terraria according to mr. bootleg

Minecraft is a Terraria ripoff.

(lol jk)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You beat me to it :^)
Although, Starbound isn't a rip-off.
If you want to see rip-offs, Basically ALL MMO's are typically the same junk everyone you play, it's generally why free ones are better
It's basically Beginner Quests, Get Beginner Loot, Grind a little bit, PvP half max level or so, Grind, Grind, Grind Quests, Grind PvP, etc.
I mean there's nothing wrong with grinding, but it generally depends on how the grind is put into play, Hell I joke around with 4Story and call it Grind Story :^),
because the game is literally grind mobs, and for PvP events, one being a huge wall for 150+ players on each side to constantly spam their Ranged AoE.
Anyways, for Terraria, I haven't seen any game like it yet.

Back
Top Bottom