PC Terraria: simple delays (no logic gates) and "teleporter beds"

Is my invention useful?

• no m8 it sucks lmao

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FantaUvaXD

Terrarian
Simple delays - no logic gates, post-mechanic

Im not sure if someone posted it already, but i've searched and found nothing.
I discovered a way to make simple delays, the delays i found all require logic gates, but this can be made easily, just after you find mechanic and get access to wires.
upload_2019-4-21_13-1-52.png

upload_2019-4-21_13-2-11.png

On the image, the switch activates the timer. It will wait a time (it's 1, 3 or 5 seconds depending on the type of timer) and then it will activate the bird statue (or anything you want to activate) then it will also activate the dart trap, which will activate the projectile pressure plate and disable the timer.

Using this mechanic, i was able to make another thing: "teleporter beds" yes i know that name sucks someone give me another one

"Teleporter beds"

Do you know when you are at some random place, like the jungle, and you have to empty your inventory in your house, but you are too lazy to walk back to the place?
You don't have a steampunker to buy a teleporter/money to buy lots of wires?
Here is the solution:
upload_2019-4-21_12-38-38.png

upload_2019-4-21_12-38-58.png

It is pretty simple. the switch will actuate the block (make it transparent) and you must use your magic mirror to go to your spawnpoint. Then, after that, you can use your magic mirror again and you will return to the bed.
Why is it useful? This will save you time: lets say you are on jungle, hunting for some loot, but your inventory is full. You would have to magic mirror your way to home, then go back to the jungle walking, and that would require a lot of time.
With this invention, you can just activate the switch, teleport to your spawn, empty everything on your chests, then use the magic mirror again and get back to the bed, without the need for walking.
also dont cyberbully me because my thread/english is trash plz

The first one together with the hoik is widely used in pre-logic-gates version. They can still be useful in some cases nowadays.
For the second one, all you need is just a weighted pressure plate connected to the actuator. Stand on the pressure plate and use magic mirror and you will teleport to the original spawn point. Stand elsewhere and you will teleport to the bed.

Back
Top Bottom